Sponsored

2018 order date

V8KOOP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback Competition Orange manual
I believe they are closer to $52k brand new in Vic. Anyone would be crazy to pay RRP for a 2018 model. Just wait for 6 months after release and the dealers will be giving them away again. So much for Ford having a Halo car! They have simply treated the Mustang like a commodity volume product. In the space of 12 months $75k down to $50k for a brand new Mustang.....
Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I believe they are closer to $52k brand new in Vic. Anyone would be crazy to pay RRP for a 2018 model. Just wait for 6 months after release and the dealers will be giving them away again. So much for Ford having a Halo car! They have simply treated the Mustang like a commodity volume product. In the space of 12 months $75k down to $50k for a brand new Mustang.....
So true. Ford have butchered Mustangs desirability and anyone paying anywhere near RRP for MY18 is shredding dosh.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
So true. Ford have butchered Mustangs desirability and anyone paying anywhere near RRP for MY18 is shredding dosh.
I never buy a car to make money but at the same time I don't go out of my way to lose money either.
If all of us who have ordered a 2018 back out when the price is finalised that will leave the dealers in a bad place.
Very short-sighted by Ford.
Problem is I would still prefer a 10 speed auto and Magneride

Budoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
I'm seriously thinking of backing out now, maybe buy a car for the wife first, then get a Mustang when prices go low.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
What ever the on road RRP (depending on state) is shown on Fords, build your car feature, for MY18, I would be at least looking for $5k of that. By the end of the year, discounting will be ripe again. Supply, won't be a problem this time round. 15000 Mustangs have been registered in 2years. That's about 600 a month. That's not sustainable for this type of car in AUS. They can't even sell that many Mondeo rep mobiles every month. Mustang sales are now in free fall. But Ford will keep em coming. Because, that's what Ford and other's like them do. Discount City round 2 is coming.

Sponsored

Budoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
So maybe end of the year it would be feasible to get an my18 gt a10 with magnaride for around 65k?

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
So maybe end of the year it would be feasible to get an my18 gt a10 with magnaride for around 65k?
With Fords mandatory discounting and end of the year sales, somewhere near $60k would have to be possible for an Auto GT. Not sure about the Magnaride though.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
With Fords mandatory discounting and end of the year sales, somewhere near $60k would have to be possible for an Auto GT. Not sure about the Magnaride though.
given dealers are quoting high 70's low 80's for a auto gt with magnaride i seriously dont see a close to 20k discount within 6 months of the model launching.

if the car is 70k then maybe you will get it for low 60's

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
given dealers are quoting high 70's low 80's for a auto gt with magnaride i seriously dont see a close to 20k discount within 6 months of the model launching.

if the car is 70k then maybe you will get it for low 60's
Given the price you can get a GT coupe for now, do you seriously think that many people will pay much over $70k for a base GT coupe? I'm not talking with option's, that we didn't have before. If your talking high 70's for a coupe, that means mid 80's for a vert. Ford might as well stop RHD production at that price point. Suicide mission. I don't think so.

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Given the price you can get a GT coupe for now, do you seriously think that many people will pay much over $70k for a base GT coupe? I'm not talking with option's, that we didn't have before. If your talking high 70's for a coupe, that means mid 80's for a vert. Ford might as well stop RHD production at that price point. Suicide mission. I don't think so.
better believe ?? haha camaro is 90k. ford aus gonna say its still 10k cheaper.

dealers was selling 15-17 for 70k, i have seen 80k when the queue was 9 months. so its possible

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
better believe ?? haha camaro is 90k. ford aus gonna say its still 10k cheaper.

dealers was selling 15-17 for 70k, i have seen 80k when the queue was 9 months. so its possible
Camaro is a low volume, high price, non factory RHD car, for GM die hards I guess. Mustang needs a reasonable volume, to keep the RHD program viable. A large part of Mustangs sales success, has been it's reasonable pricing. The novelty factor of being the first RHD Mustang, is well and truly over.

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR6T
Camaro is a low volume, high price, non factory RHD car, for GM die hards I guess. Mustang needs a reasonable volume, to keep the RHD program viable. A large part of Mustangs sales success, has been it's reasonable pricing. The novelty factor of being the first RHD Mustang, is well and truly over.
I agree with this, also consider the continued slow weakening of the US dollar and Im not expecting much of a price incease at all.
But the dealers still have a lot of 2017 stock to shift so you can expect them to continue to warn of large increases on 2018 models

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I agree with this, also consider the continued slow weakening of the US dollar and Im not expecting much of a price incease at all.
But the dealers still have a lot of 2017 stock to shift so you can expect them to continue to warn of large increases on 2018 models
Current base GT auto is $65ish RRP on road. But street price is more like $55k. New one will probably come in at $68-$70K +options. But it is a better car with more stuff, even in base trim. Base My18, will become a low to mid 60's, (street price) car.

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR6T
Current base GT auto is $65ish RRP on road. But street price is more like $55k. New one will probably come in at $68-$70K +options. But it is a better car with more stuff, even in base trim. Base My18, will become a low to mid 60's, (street price) car.
Overall Im guessing a $2000 to $3000 max increase on base car.
optons that we have never had before will drive up prices from there

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
No i dont think many people will just jump and pay it (myself included). But i am sure ford is stupid enough to think they can charge upwards of 75k on road for an auto gt with magnaride. I expect the car to be well over 70k which is downright stupid.
Sponsored