Sponsored

Best and worse mod on your car

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Just been looking at some pics of my car going through the time I have had it and got to thinking about all my mods and which are my favourites.

Fact is I like them all and there is nothing I dont like or regret doing but its so hard to chose a best and a worse but I am going to.

Best - Lowering Springs. By far the last mod I would remove.
Honourable mentions, wheels and rear spoiler

Worst - Hood vents. I love the but they have been a pain in the but and ....you could argue they 'look' stuck on. Which of course they are.

So, how about you.

IMG-20170110-WA0001.jpg
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This will be an interesting thread!

Not having done much, I don't have a lot to choose from :D

Best: red taillights. My cheapest mod but IMO the taillights HAVE to be be red. Just really gives it that authentic American look.

Worst: spacers - I constantly look at the few mm of poke & wish I would have gone less than 25mm f/23mm r. May change at some point

Super happy with my US lower grille & deck lid but they are so subtle, I can hardly say that they are my "best"!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Best - Tribars
Honourable mentions - everything else lol

Worst - Gel carbon stickers in the interior, purely because they don't match the dipped bits lol.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Best - Springs, together with spacers. Close second are sequential front indicators.
Worst - EPM taillight sequencers, original v3 version; they didn't work and left me driving the Highlands with no brake lights or indicators! Working version available now.

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Best - my LED halos in the grille
Worst - it's a tie between some Diode Dynamics front fog replacements that wouldn't fit our cars and they wouldn't accept them back and the Velossa big mouth I bought which then didn't fit because of the new grille.
Honourable mention - the exhaust. Love that sound.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
This will be an interesting thread!

Not having done much, I don't have a lot to choose from :D

Best: red taillights. My cheapest mod but IMO the taillights HAVE to be be red. Just really gives it that authentic American look.

Worst: spacers - I constantly look at the few mm of poke & wish I would have gone less than 25mm f/23mm r. May change at some point

Super happy with my US lower grille & deck lid but they are so subtle, I can hardly say that they are my "best"!

Why don't people listen to me?

Said all along, rear 15mm, front 20-23mm. Poke is aweful!

Just grab yourself a set of rear 15mm eibach spacer buddy, very easily cured and then put your 23mm rears on the front. ÂŁ200 later and your all fixed and a happy bunny. :)

For my my best mod:

- Lowering and correct offset wheels.

Worse:
- Steed differential inserts which just made it clunky, hence they were removed.

Wobs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The Roush axleback is my favourite, it doesn't matter how good the springs/spacers make the car look, the exhaust does it for me. This is my fourth V8 so I like them to sound nice.

I don't dislike any of my mods, so I haven't got a bad one.

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500

Just grab yourself a set of rear 15mm eibach spacer buddy, very easily cured and then put your 23mm rears on the front. ÂŁ200 later and your all fixed and a happy bunny. :)

For my my best mod:

- Lowering and correct offset wheels.

Worse:
- Steed differential inserts which just made it clunky, hence they were removed.
Hi Gibbo, how clunky is clunky? I'm about to install some BMR differential poly inserts because my left side rear diff bushing has a tear. Only way to prevent further tear is to either put an insert to reinforce that rubber bushing or completely change out the rubber bushing to a poly or aluminum (which is the worst in NVH they say). Btw, those rubber bushings can't be replaced. We would have to buy a brand new rear subframe that comes with the new rubber bushings.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Worse:
Wait... could this be what's clunking on mine?!

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Pretty sure you & I had this conversation up in Scotland! Shame on me :lol:

Agree - I would go 15/20 if I was to do it again.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi Gibbo, how clunky is clunky? I'm about to install some BMR differential poly inserts because my left side rear diff bushing has a tear. Only way to prevent further tear is to either put an insert to reinforce that rubber bushing or completely change out the rubber bushing to a poly or aluminum (which is the worst in NVH they say). Btw, those rubber bushings can't be replaced. We would have to buy a brand new rear subframe that comes with the new rubber bushings.

Car is not under warranty? I'd get it replaced under warranty to be frank.

On a manual car I found the inserts, I used the softer red ones made changing gear not as nice, clunks etc which in a daily driver was very annoying. I use to really finesse my gear changes because of it to try and limit the noise and harshness.

In the end I removed them!

If you do just diff insert bushes, but do not combine them with a cradle kit like BMR CB005 of Steeda equivalent they are not too bad, but when combined I found it intolerable. I found the CB005 gave greater gains than the diff inserts, so out of the two it was the inserts which got pulled and afterwards my car was silky smooth and clunk free on gear changes.

Next time I see you, take me out, or let me take you out, as I know the noise the subframe and diff inserts can create.

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Car is not under warranty? I'd get it replaced under warranty to be frank.

On a manual car I found the inserts, I used the softer red ones made changing gear not as nice, clunks etc which in a daily driver was very annoying. I use to really finesse my gear changes because of it to try and limit the noise and harshness.

In the end I removed them!

If you do just diff insert bushes, but do not combine them with a cradle kit like BMR CB005 of Steeda equivalent they are not too bad, but when combined I found it intolerable. I found the CB005 gave greater gains than the diff inserts, so out of the two it was the inserts which got pulled and afterwards my car was silky smooth and clunk free on gear changes.

Next time I see you, take me out, or let me take you out, as I know the noise the subframe and diff inserts can create.

I see. I'd like you to test my car out. But I'm based in the Philippines lol. I have had the cb005 for 2 years and that was noise free. But after 2 years of monthly time attack competitions, my rubber diff bushings finally tore. It didn't make a sound yet. I just found out upon routine visual inspection. With warranty work, i'm afraid the same problem would arise after a year or so. Since it's the same rubber bushing that will be used in the new subframe. I drive a 6r80 by the way with 400 to the wheels.

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
I see. I'd like you to test my car out. But I'm based in the Philippines lol.
I was there a couple of weeks ago, with time to kill too!

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Best. My P6G wheels, Willwood rear brakes, and floating front discs.

Worst. Steeda diff bushes. NVH unbearable

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Best. My P6G wheels, Willwood rear brakes, and floating front discs.

Worst. Steeda diff bushes. NVH unbearable
Did you use the aluminum or poly inserts?
Sponsored