Sponsored

Black roof?

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT grabber blue/black roof
Black roof or not, that is the question.

The more I look at it, the more I like it.....but it’s a personal thing at the end of the day.
B6B9E933-9898-479A-9FF4-4C176F27435B.jpeg
EF33EA82-86C8-454E-934D-33A85D6CBBEA.jpeg
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
With the bright, bold colours - yes IMO.

Wouldn't do it on mine for example. But comp orange looks incredible with a black roof, as does race red, really breaks up the large block of colour.

I think it has to pair wit black wheels as well though for the full effect.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
either that or stripes even LB is too bright to be pure colour it needed something to break it up I couldn't imagine grabber without something to tone it down a little.

OP
OP
ian2144

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As Grabber blue is my preferred colour, I need to have a look at one in the flesh.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I love the black roof but if "factory fit" its painted and therefore permanent. For not too much money you could get a wrap and then you can take it off if you want a change.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ian2144

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love the black roof but if "factory fit" its painted and therefore permanent. For not too much money you could get a wrap and then you can take it off if you want a change.
Interesting idea, thanks for that.

This opens up my choice again :D

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Interesting idea, thanks for that.

This opens up my choice again :D
Mine is black vinyl wrapped.... but I also painted the mirrors to complete the look:)

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
I would definitely go for either a black roof, or black OTT + rocker stripes (with no other supplementary colours/pinstripes) on Grabber Blue. It's without doubt one of the best colours out there, but it hits it out of the park when accentuated. As suggested, wrap is the way to go so your options are always open for the future.

GB was originally my first choice and I was intending on the latter, but I had 'wife' issues on that one so had to go for the next best (Magnetic).

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was, like yours, originally one colour (Red)

I then got hood vents (and painted plastics) in gloss black.

That then lead to the wing mirrors going black

But something still wasn't right, the mix of black and red just didn't seem to flow. I got the roof redone and now (personally) i feel it flows much nicer. So my answer is yes. Many here know how long i deliberated black roof/wing mirrors combo.

Here she is now:

and here she is before black roof/wingmirrors/vents

I'm personally a pretty big advocate of breaking bright colours up. Colours that're Grabber blue, Race red, Trip Yellow, Orange Fury (when released), Snot green (when released (its not called snot green but hey ho)), Competition orange all need some black somewhere to break them up as the colours are really quite bright.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

My plan for my orange fury was:
- Black painted roof, wraps look not as good, I know I tried and witnessed several other peoples, it annoyed my OCD.
- Black painted mirror covers.
- Satin black or gunmetal pony, so you can see it, gloss black can get lost sometimes.
- Chrome or black 5.0 badges whatever works best.
- Black rear tailgate with satin black GT badge
- Gloss black GT 350 or the Roush spoiler as seen on the 729
- Satin black or Satin grey wheels, again gloss black can get lost or always look dirty.
- Gloss black rocker stripes
- Gloss black single wide hood centre stripe, but only on hood and not right to the edge where hood meets bumper.
- Lowered on Ford 350 springs
- Probably 5 spoke Project wheels similar to 350R carbon wheels in design

That was about it, would always have being other stuff as it never ends but as others have said bold bright colours like race red, orange fury, grabber blue, silver always look very well mixed with some black.

Sponsored

wuzie123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
As Grabber blue is my preferred colour, I need to have a look at one in the flesh.
Make sure you pop along to the meet there will be one or two there...

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
As Grabber blue is my preferred colour, I need to have a look at one in the metal.

I think Grabber Blue has been discontinued by the way for 2018. So, if you're looking at the 15-17s, I suspect there won't be too many to pick from?

Noticed a brand new one on ebay, £1750 off list and presumably you can also get the 0% deal from Ford. No black roof, but may be able to get a vinyl roof-wrap thrown in as well.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Mus...695766?hash=item25e6aa1396:g:4QwAAOSwYwJaGD5q

s-l1600.jpg

OP
OP
ian2144

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think Grabber Blue has been discontinued by the way for 2018. So, if you're looking at the 15-17s, I suspect there won't be too many to pick
From what I hear, there is plenty to go around as they say. My nearest dealer in Inverness has 16 cars in stock, obviously not all Grabber blue. Finding what I’m after shouldn’t be to difficult. The Glasgow dealer has over 30 in stock, allegedly.
I’ll be down there Friday/Saturday and see what deals ar available.....the haggling starts :D

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I think Grabber Blue has been discontinued by the way for 2018. So, if you're looking at the 15-17s, I suspect there won't be too many to pick from?

Noticed a brand new one on ebay, £1750 off list and presumably you can also get the 0% deal from Ford. No black roof, but may be able to get a vinyl roof-wrap thrown in as well.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Mus...695766?hash=item25e6aa1396:g:4QwAAOSwYwJaGD5q

s-l1600.jpg

It has, limited run colour, also a lovely colour and bold, would of being nice if they had added more pearl/metallic flake but you can't have your cake and eat it.

Grabber blue is also a famous Mustang colour and being limited run don't be surprised if the Grabber blue's are the ones holding value a little better in a few years time, just like examples of Competition Orange from MY15 year.

When I got the Jag, I only wanted ultra blue, though some call it electric blue and I was lucky that for whatever reasons dealerships don't charge extra for it. Now all the ultra blue SVR's have being snapped up with the fixed carbon wings, they typically sell within 1-2 weeks of being advertised. Yet cheaper lower mileage SVR's in orange, white, red, silver, black etc which were for sale when I purchased mine, most are still for sale today.

So colour can be very important, particular on limited run colours, so if your intending on keeping the car for some years with intention of selling then Grabber blue could help residuals, but of course make sure you like the colour as in the flesh its nice but its also a little flat if that makes sense.
Sponsored