Sponsored

Last Ditch Attempt to sell those MY15-17's!

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
I'm going to see if I can get a Grabber Blue Shadow Edition for around £34k and see if I can get £24k for my Boxster for good measure:D I'd be able to get another Harley in September then :cool:

I've got until end of March before the AMG turns up and if I can do a deal, see if I can cancel and forfeit my grand deposit :doh: Have to think of a good excuse... wife just lost her job or a terminal illness or something :confused:

As I want the Manual, I'm thinking of saving £10k instead of a MY18. It's still a Mustang right? Love Grabber Blue too and it's discontinued. If I get it, I guess I'm going to have to mod it with tyres, exhaust, hood struts at least. Here we go.....mod money:headbonk:

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
I’m back in the Mustang fold guys:ford: just cancelled my AMG and I’m trying to see what deal I can get on the shadow edition grabber blue but if that’s a crap deal I’m going to wait a few months and see the MY18 in the metal and see what the score is with the Bullitt and the MY19:headbonk:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I’m back in the Mustang fold guys:ford: just cancelled my AMG and I’m trying to see what deal I can get on the shadow edition grabber blue but if that’s a crap deal I’m going to wait a few months and see the MY18 in the metal and see what the score is with the Bullitt and the MY19:headbonk:
What did Mercedes say when you said you were cancelling for a Mustang?! Or did you not say
The AMG engines sound awesome especially previous C63, just you can’t get them with a stick which is annoying.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
What did Mercedes say when you said you were cancelling for a Mustang?! Or did you not say
The AMG engines sound awesome especially previous C63, just you can’t get them with a stick which is annoying.
The 6.3l AMG's were incredible sounding cars and they went great too, the facelifted models automatic was not bad either.

The new TT units though very quick, just lack the soul and character of the older 6.3l and they sound nowhere near as good.

Turbo's I hate with a passion, they kill and mute sound so much, look what they did to F1, they sound absolute shite.

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope didn’t mention a mustang and no response yet. Just hope they dont want loss of profit etc and just the deposit.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Just emailed my local FordStore about MY18 demonstrator availability and got this reply;

"Our understanding is Ford will not be building or releasing any 18 model Mustangs until toward the end of 2018.

We currently have some great offers on New Mustang in stock if that is of interest to you."

Not really filling me with confidence with regard to the hoped for improvement in customer service. They must think people are bloody stupid. Very disappointing, but I think it answers the question about how desperate they are to flog the remaining MY17 cars.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I tell my parents that (some) car salesmen habitually lie but they refuse to believe, despite being sold an import in the recent past that was "worth considerably less than the UK model" when they tried to trade it in.
This is why this stuff happens...cos most buyers aren't on forums and are blissfully unaware of the truth.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Makes me a little angry to read things like that [MENTION=16198]McDoodle[/MENTION].

Can you imagine driving out of a dealership thinking you got a great deal on the latest Mustang, only to see a MY18 on the road a few days later.

I'd lose my shit :lol:

Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
its a complete lie, they know what the score is

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I don’t blame the dealers for trying to sell the 17s, they are there to sell cars. If you’re about to spunk £40k + on a car and haven’t done your research then that’s not the fault of the deler.

ShelbyGT7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati Ghibli
There's a difference between omitting the truth (still sketchy af) and simply lying.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I don’t blame the dealers for trying to sell the 17s, they are there to sell cars. If you’re about to spunk £40k + on a car and haven’t done your research then that’s not the fault of the deler.
I very much blame the dealers for using underhand tactics to sell cars. It's probably not criminal but its downright immoral...

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I would definitely be taking my business elsewhere if that was the response from my dealer
Sponsored