Sponsored

Last Ditch Attempt to sell those MY15-17's!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
An 18 is not 48k that’s a fully loaded A10 car with Recaro.
An 18 race red GT manual is about 42k meaning it’s about 6k and the 6k gets you a nicer driving and faster car. Looks is eye beholder some prefer 15 and some 18 having seen both in flesh I find them both equal.

Once inside the 18 is way nicer and that extra 6k gets you about 6k worth of kit that some would really want, I know I would.
Sponsored

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
An 18 race red GT manual is about 42k meaning it’s about 6k and the 6k gets you a nicer driving and faster car. Looks is eye beholder some prefer 15 and some 18 having seen both in flesh I find them both equal.

Once inside the 18 is way nicer and that extra 6k gets you about 6k worth of kit that some would really want, I know I would.
Spot on Gibbo & despite the 0% interest offer telling the sensible me to jump on a 2017, the reason I waited for a 2018

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
An 18 race red GT manual is about 42k meaning it’s about 6k
I'm aware that a base spec UK GT manual w/o premium paint is about £42K (actually £41,095 according to the last list I have a copy of), but as I mentioned in my post 'dealers do like to have fully specced versions on the lots' (certainly the dealers I've visited) and the first demo's are most likely to be highly optioned M6 and A10's which are thus more likely to be around the £48K mark!

I know the '15-'17 production wasn't exactly riddled with 'options' but we've not exactly seen a lot of people on here with absolute base models (w/o paint, Shaker/nav, reverse sensors, heated seats), and the same can be said of the chatter on the '18 so far... most want some, if not quite of few of the 'premium' options, so even if the dealer does have a base spec £42K demo on the lot, by the time the 'typical' buyer has added any desired goodies to their special order 6-7 month delivery vehicle, the drive away today used or new '15-'17 Mustang sitting out on the lot at a considerably lower price is going to be a tempting option!

You may say that 6K gets you a nicer driving and faster car, but it seemed to be enough to put you off of a car that you seemed incredibly passionate about... until you found out about the price... so much so that you went out and bought Jag :D !

ShelbyGT7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati Ghibli

What's changed on the interior?
All I can see is a nicer gauge cluster and an option to change exhaust notes (a great option btw).
Apart from that a slight change away from the silver grey panels to darker grey.
Am I missing something?

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Heated steering wheel and leather to the centre console/knee kickers, and something to do with the stitching, are some of the things I think I read about :shrug: .

ShelbyGT7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati Ghibli
I actually think that once the '18's start to arrive in the showrooms they're gonna help shift the remaining stock of new '17s and used '15-'17's. The bulk of the first batch of RHD production since Job 1 on the 18's is allocated to the dealers for demonstration, with a more limited number being early order customers' cars, and dealers do like to have fully specced versions on the lots (especially with premium vehicles) as it's easier to sell a product if they've got it and the customer can experience it, rather than not have it.

So there's gonna be two price points of around £28-38K for used/new '15-'17's and then a jump to £48K for new '18's visible to buyers visiting any dealer, which is a considerable difference... plus of course there's the long lead time to throw in on the '18 together with the noticeable difference in front end appearance. To many, this now visible saving together with the fact they can drive a Mustang off the lot with no wait will swing some buyers (IMO of course) as it will make the used/new 15-17's look like bloody good value, and hence why I think Ford are only offering the zero percent options deal until 31st March, which is just about when they're expecting the first demonstrator '18's to arrive.

I'd love to be wrong of course... as if Ford were to start lopping £6K plus off a new '17 I'd be seriously tempted to grab one, space frame the front end, fit Hellion twin turbos or a 2.9 litre Whipple and uprate the associated kit to suit, and slam a totally obscene wide body conversion on it... otherwise I'll just hold on and wait for a good used '15-'16 in a couple of years time that someone's desperate to get rid of!
This :thumbsup:

I think the main reason I am considering a new 17 is that there aren't many 15-17 GT's around which I like. There are a couple around the 35k mark at which point my thinking is well I can get a brand new one for a couple K more.
Another issue to consider is the 2k tax on top.

So I'm in two minds too get on the 17 with finance (I don't really need the finance, its just an attractive option) or hope that as PCP deals start finishing up for the '15s people start trading them in for the '18s + people in general who trade up meaning more '15-17 mustangs available later in the year. :shrug:

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
This :thumbsup:

I think the main reason I am considering a new 17 is that there aren't many 15-17 GT's around which I like. There are a couple around the 35k mark at which point my thinking is well I can get a brand new one for a couple K more.
Another issue to consider is the 2k tax on top.

So I'm in two minds too get on the 17 with finance (I don't really need the finance, its just an attractive option) or hope that as PCP deals start finishing up for the '15s people start trading them in for the '18s + people in general who trade up meaning more '15-17 mustangs available later in the year. :shrug:
Just for reference the 2k rego is included in the price.

Toploader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muscle
Carwow provided me a quote of £36,563 for a GT manual Custom Pack which is a reasonable discount.

One thing looks pretty certain - the 18's UK arrival doesn't look set to cause the stir we saw with the first cars a couple of years ago.

Sponsored

Toploader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muscle
Do you know if there was 0% interest on that deal?
Just checked .. PCP is showing at 5.9%.

Can't remember 100% but I think 5.9% was the Ford Options rate before it went to 0% .. so it could be worth chasing in case its not been updated.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Carwow provided me a quote of £36,563 for a GT manual Custom Pack which is a reasonable discount.

One thing looks pretty certain - the 18's UK arrival doesn't look set to cause the stir we saw with the first cars a couple of years ago.
Good price that. Only around a grand more than those of us that ordered off the first price list (Jan'15) paid.

ShelbyGT7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati Ghibli
I've got a question with regards to the custom pack. I thought you got silver/chrome wheels with a custom pack? However I've got a carwow offer where the car has black wheels.
Ideally I would like the Satnav and other features of a custom pack but don't like the chrome surround or wheels...

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT grabber blue/black roof
I've got a question with regards to the custom pack. I thought you got silver/chrome wheels with a custom pack? However I've got a carwow offer where the car has black wheels.
Ideally I would like the Satnav and other features of a custom pack but don't like the chrome surround or wheels...
I’m with you, having a preference for black wheels, but at the end of the day it’s by no means a deal breaker.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
If it has black wheels it is not a custom pack. It will probably have the 3 options fitted and whoever has written the advert has assumed it’s a custom pack.
Sponsored