Sponsored

Steeda's New S550 Mustang GT Resonator Delete X-Pipe - $124.95

merc123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 PP Premium GT
My contribution of sound clips. Waiting for rain to stop to get drive by clips.

The phone does make it sound a tad deeper than it really is so keep that in mind.

Sponsored

merc123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 PP Premium GT
ROAR!!!

Nice vid, this is exactly what I'm expecting from this x-pipe.

Also quick question, is it obvious which side is the passenger side? Kind of hard to tell in the instructions. It'll be my first time doing this myself so had to be careful not to mess it up.
Steeda logo plate goes up if you look at pipe in instructions BUT it looked pretty universal. The factory resonator goes about 1/2 way into the clamps you see on the front side. I would make sure the front end of the X is about half way into the clamps and mark your back side. You have some wiggle room with the large exhaust clamps so unless you REALLY mess it up it'll have some maneuver room.

Also it helps when fitting if you lay under the X and use your knees to hold the back exhaust pipes up. Also a second person to make sure tips are straight but not required. I did it by myself in about 15 minutes. My power went out while doing it so it took me longer to get my generator going to run the saw :)

Just take your time and measure twice.

bubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
I currently have the Hurst Elite axleback and was thinking of throwing on a X-pipe. The Flowmaster is supposed to bolt/clamp right on to my Hust AB without any cutting.

Question: are the length/dimensions of this X-pipe the same, roughly as the Flowmaster scavenger X-pipe?

Thanks!

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Steeda logo plate goes up if you look at pipe in instructions BUT it looked pretty universal. The factory resonator goes about 1/2 way into the clamps you see on the front side. I would make sure the front end of the X is about half way into the clamps and mark your back side. You have some wiggle room with the large exhaust clamps so unless you REALLY mess it up it'll have some maneuver room.

Also it helps when fitting if you lay under the X and use your knees to hold the back exhaust pipes up. Also a second person to make sure tips are straight but not required. I did it by myself in about 15 minutes. My power went out while doing it so it took me longer to get my generator going to run the saw :)

Just take your time and measure twice.
Thanks for the tips, that is really helpful! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
just ordered mine, wanting a different sound than the h pipe.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Send me an email with your contact info - I’ll have Rod contact you with timing and a price.

We’ll get you taken care of!

Best Regards,

TJ

masjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Great price! Just purchased one earlier.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Someone had asked about the length - The straight section is about 12” long.

Best Regards,
TJ

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine last night. Great looking item.

latoracing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 6-Speed, Recaro's, 600A
The FedUp guy dropped off mine today. Very nice looking piece. Ordered it Tuesday afternoon, two days and free shipping directly from Steeda.

Got the car up on the lift, chopped out the old suitcase and installed the X pipe. Everything lined right back up where it was originally without any drama. This was a fairly simple install and Steeda did their homework on the fitment. Was well pleased with the price and fitment.

Took it around the block, no drone, no vibrations, no issues. Will have to get a couple heat cycles through it and will re-torque all the clamps.

I am running the stock mufflers and wanted to try just the x,(for now) this makes the exhaust note a little raspy, but hardly no volume increase. (least from inside the car with the windows down) I hope it sounds a little better from behind, not exactly what I was looking for.

TJ91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' 5.0
Want this but afraid of the shipping costs to Canada :(

jimbabwe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Convertible
The FedUp guy dropped off mine today. Very nice looking piece. Ordered it Tuesday afternoon, two days and free shipping directly from Steeda.

Got the car up on the lift, chopped out the old suitcase and installed the X pipe. Everything lined right back up where it was originally without any drama. This was a fairly simple install and Steeda did their homework on the fitment. Was well pleased with the price and fitment.

Took it around the block, no drone, no vibrations, no issues. Will have to get a couple heat cycles through it and will re-torque all the clamps.

I am running the stock mufflers and wanted to try just the x,(for now) this makes the exhaust note a little raspy, but hardly no volume increase. (least from inside the car with the windows down) I hope it sounds a little better from behind, not exactly what I was looking for.
Would you mind posting a sound clip? I'm thinking about installing this on my '16 GT with stock mufflers. Thanks!
Sponsored