Sponsored

Exhaust Mods...what did you fit and why ?

SteveyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT fastback, Ruby Red Auto, custom.
Pete

I would also suggest borla axle back coupled with borla centre resonator. the Xpipe is loud, as loud and drones. The resonator is keeps the bits you want and not the others. Importantly the stock system is like scaffolding pole, so you take a lot of weight out of the car.

regards

nic
Borla systems are guaranteed no drone, I can vouch for that and loudness is subjective. Get along to some meets, particularly SMUK and you will find all sorts of combinations to listen to and choose.
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
straight through manifold back with an xpipe in the middle somewhere custom made by local exhaust shop

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Roush Axle backs for me, absolutely loved the sound......

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
This. I've heard them all. None sound as good as this to me, especially after a good 500 miles. Fits perfectly, too.
Solo mach XV for me also. Any excuse to post this again :D

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]uZwRhctj0OQ[/MEDIA]"]

Sponsored

Dinks66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Lightning Blue. Borla S- type cat back
So have taken delivery of my Grabber Blue GT.. and one of the first mods is going to be the exhaust..Of course...

With such a vast choice on the market, axle backs, cat backs.x-pipes, h-pipes etc., Just wondered what others have chose ?

I am contemplating the Borla Axle back `S`Type with black tips, and poss an x-pipe.

Want to fit the system once, and get it right...

1) What have you fitted
2) Your reason for choice
3) Are you content,... Or would you change for Quieter /Louder etc...??

Thanks in advance Pete..:thumbsup:

Having had several aftermarket exhausts on previous cars the most important issue for me is definitely NO DRONE. With this in mind I went with the Borla S Type Cat back and I can confirm that there is no drone whatsoever at any revs. You can here me coming too !!! There are louder exhausts out there but it soon becomes tedious when your ears are ringing with drone. I have a Dodge Ram with a Magnaflow Cat back and I get some drone when towing up hills on the motorway which is liveable with but I still end up either speeding up or slowing down to get out of the drone band. Hope this helps in your decision. !!!

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
Yes it can be very expensive if you choose the wrong one or get bored of the sound quickly. Believe me I know. I think I'm on my 6th set up now. And I'll hazard a guess that I'm probably the only person on earth that would like the set up I have now so I won't tell you to get this cause you'd probably kill me if you met me after putting this on. Just for the record I have kooks catless headers, 3" pipes straight through to borla atak boxes. It's not for the faint hearted. :lol:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Yes it can be very expensive if you choose the wrong one or get bored of the sound quickly. Believe me I know. I think I'm on my 6th set up now. And I'll hazard a guess that I'm probably the only person on earth that would like the set up I have now so I won't tell you to get this cause you'd probably kill me if you met me after putting this on. Just for the record I have kooks catless headers, 3" pipes straight through to borla atak boxes. It's not for the faint hearted. :lol:
haha so same as mine then but I don't have the boxes in the way :)

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Not sure why people bother with axlebacks tbh.

You have to cut the original system so you can't refit it if you ever sell and having heard the Roush axlebacks they're just as loud as a catback system.

At least with a catback you get to dump the huge suitcase which weighs a ton and switch it with a centre section of choice which will change the volume and tone.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
I went for the Ford Racing GT350 quad tip system with Euro spec resonator (no MOT issues when the time comes). With the valance it's certainly not the cheapest, but given it was developed for the car by Ford/Borla, at least you have some rassurance that it's suited from a performance/comfort perspective.

I had American Racing longtube headers and SLP loudmouths on my S197 - whilst it was comically loud, it was very wearing on a journey. Ditched the SLP loudmouths and fitted the standard silencers but with remote controlled cutouts - best of both worlds. Could be 94db up to pretty much open header!

The MY18 system would be ideal, but going to stick with my S550 and save myself min ÂŁ15k in 'upgrade' cost!

Had my GT350 exhaust up for sale (still is in fact) but now I'm keeping the car I think I'll fit it.

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
I went for the Ford Racing GT350 quad tip system with Euro spec resonator (no MOT issues when the time comes). With the valance it's certainly not the cheapest, but given it was developed for the car by Ford/Borla, at least you have some rassurance that it's suited from a performance/comfort perspective.

I had American Racing longtube headers and SLP loudmouths on my S197 - whilst it was comically loud, it was very wearing on a journey. Ditched the SLP loudmouths and fitted the standard silencers but with remote controlled cutouts - best of both worlds. Could be 94db up to pretty much open header!

The MY18 system would be ideal, but going to stick with my S550 and save myself min ÂŁ15k in 'upgrade' cost!

Had my GT350 exhaust up for sale (still is in fact) but now I'm keeping the car I think I'll fit it.
Stiggy i have the same system, i went with x pipe and it was too raspy so retrofitted the resonator and I think this is the best as light weight and i would not go for just axle backs

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Full custom valved system from a company called Guerilla.

Its unique, no one else has one :)

It uses a FR X pipe, which then flows to the std. rear boxes with the valves closed.

If valves are opened then it dumps before the rear boxes, effectively giving open pipes.

When open, its loud(!) but still gives a nice tone, as about 20% of the gas is still routed through the rear boxes.

When closed, its quiter than the OEM setup, due the way the gas is doubled back on itself.

Its ideal for me, as it allows me to creep out of the street early doors, but create merry hell when I want to.

Operated off a remote in the cabin.

The crappy mic doesnt do it justice, but as a general impression:

[ame]

IMG-20170607-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20170607-WA0026.jpg

IMG-20170607-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20170607-WA0018.jpg
Sponsored