Sponsored

Potential GT buyer

Scooby67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, shadow black.
Hi folks

I've been lurking on the forum for a while so I thought it's time to write my first post! I'm currently looking to purchase an S550 GT, my current car is a 370z Nismo mk2 which i've had for a couple but the urge of a V8 is to strong :lol: I had a test drive at my local dealer at the weekend and I was pretty impressed with the performance, the handling was also better than expected! The car I'm interested in is unregistered and has delivery miles, it's listed for 39,975 and they've offered 25k px on mine which I think is a good px price on a 65 plate Nismo, my car has only done 9,000 miles mind :lol: whilst I was there I got them to price up a 18 model which came to just under 46k which is a bit steep and I'm to Impatient to wait months for the 18 . I'm 27 and have just bought my first house so the 17 model is looking more attractive, I love the goodies on the 18 but prefer the front of the 17. Do you guys think this is a good deal for the 17 or do you think I'm better off waiting to see if the 17's drop in price early next year?

Many Thanks!
George
Sponsored

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
what's the spec/colour of the 17 you've been offered? hard to tell if it's a good price without :)

OP
OP

Scooby67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's full spec, 5.0 V8 6 speed manual, nav and shaker but non custom pack which is what I'm after as I like the black wheels. The car is black with ebony interior.

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Hard to tell as they'll load the P/X price, it's all in cost to change.

Welcome aboard!

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
so the price they've quoted is pretty much list price for the car (not sure whether u have the parking sensors or cooled seats)

but like post above, if the PX price is really good, then that's where your saving is. They'll always put the car price at full and if anything increase the PX. Usually I get shafted on that too though...... :frusty:

Only you know if you're happy with the deal :)

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Hard to tell as they'll load the P/X price, it's all in cost to change.

Welcome aboard!
^^^^This...

The prices of the Mustang have since launch been continually going in an upward direction and those who bought back in '15 paid a good few thousand less than those who bought the '17... but that's just the way it goes!

They'll always tend to show any 'discount' on the '17 (as an outgoing version) as an increase on the P/X price as stated, so it's hard to tell on that basis.

You could leave it and see if the price drops in the New Year when the '18's are about, but there's not gonna be a surplus of them on forecourts for some while yet, and your P/X value will be dropping while you're waiting, so what's to really gain from waitingl

It's really down to how much you want the car and whether you think it's a good deal. If you've followed this forum for a while you'll know that it's a decision the heart makes more than the head... reason sometimes doesn't come into it... especially once you get the modding bug!

Go for it I'd say... sounds like a decent enough offer to me... and once you're sitting in your driveway listening to that burbling V8, you're not gonna care if it was or wasn't the right decision anyway!

Look forward to seeing you on the forum as an owner :thumbsup: !

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Try to sell your 370Z, go with cash in hand, gives you more ammo, the dealers are trying to shift 17's at the moment as there is a few about, so it is possible to get upto a couple of grand off or even interest free finance on them if you push them hard enough. :)

Also time of year, end of month approaching, maybe just go in stating that your budget is really a maximum of 10-12k to change, normally with car dealerships just say if you can do this then you have a deal, some bite, some will not it really depends on the car and if they feel they can move it easily and quickly.

Things are in your favour as the 18 is coming, some dealerships will have them in February/March as such they want to reduce stocks on the older gen cars, depends how bothered you are about maybe getting a better deal or not.

If your intention is to buy and keep it, I'd say go for it, however if your planning to maybe move it on in a couple of years time, then any additional you save now, is saved also when you move it on. :)

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Does it have to be new? Why not get a lightly used 17 plate and save a wad?? If they are not discounting unregistered, there are plenty of used to look out for.
Don't forget to keep some money for a few 'essential' mods. If you like the Nismo (friend had one) you will want the exhaust done (V8!!) and some suspension tweaks to stop the back end bouncing about (all in around £2k)......... As its winter, if you are really lucky get a used that has got rid of its P-Zero's!!

OP
OP

Scooby67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all your response guys, really helpful info. I bought my Nismo new and to be honest it's turned me a bit snobbish so ideally I do want a new unregistered car even though that does mean more depreciation, I will probably keep the mustang for a couple of years unless I get bored :lol: in regards to modding then yes I will be getting an exhaust/spacers/springs done ASAP. I'm picking my Nissan up from its service tonight so I will call in at ford and have a chat. btw the car has the heated and cooled seats but no rear sensors! The car was originally up for 40,275 so they've already discounted 500.

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Lack of rear sensors is no real biggie... reverse camera is a good one. I specced them on mine, but have only ever used the camera when actually reversing and have never really paid any attention to the beeping noises.

Once you get the exhaust done you'll find it hard to get the grin off your face!

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Thanks for all your response guys, really helpful info. I bought my Nismo new and to be honest it's turned me a bit snobbish so ideally I do want a new unregistered car even though that does mean more depreciation, I will probably keep the mustang for a couple of years unless I get bored :lol: in regards to modding then yes I will be getting an exhaust/spacers/springs done ASAP. I'm picking my Nissan up from its service tonight so I will call in at ford and have a chat. btw the car has the heated and cooled seats but no rear sensors! The car was originally up for 40,275 so they've already discounted 500.
I was in the same boat as you but I just can't see paying $40K for a GT. Just me. I had an Autotrader search going and a '15 GT w/5500 miles with professionally done mods (over $10K USD worth) popped so I looked at it. Spotless and like new so bought it and saved around $10K over new.

BUT...if you have the cash to swing new and it's worth it to you, go for it.

OP
OP

Scooby67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
£39980 list?

Can't link to direct to the configurator but its here:

https://www.ford.co.uk/cars/mustang
Just configured the same spec and it comes to £40,275, the car is up for £39,775 which means for £14,775 inc my px I can have a new mustang or £20,785 I can have a MY18. Might be worth seeing if I can sell mine privately and go in with that cash and see if a better deal is available in the new year as Gibbo mentioned.
Sponsored