Sponsored

Mishimoto H-Pipe

997S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Anyone using this H-Pipe with stock mufflers?

If so, what are your thoughts on the sound and are there any droning issues?

I'm just looking for a deeper tone but not necessarily too much more volume.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
I used mine with stock for about a week before getting a Borla S-Type Axle Back. Don't remember there being any drone, but it did make it a little bit deeper sounding.

Spiderxkx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I didn't get the Mishimoto, but when I added my Heartthrob H Pipe there was no droning.

As far as sound, it did give it a slightly deeper tone compared to stock and not much more volume.

So if you are happy with the sound volume right now at stock, the H pipe will continue to produce that same volume but just at a deeper tone.

I did H pipe and stock mufflers for about a week before I was left with wanting more.
Ordered the Roush axle backs on Black Friday and I couldn't be happier with the sound the H Pipe and Roush exhaust makes.

The sound is so addicting, that I went from 21 MPG average by shifting under 2.5k whenever possible, to 16 MPG by shifting at higher RPM's just to hear those babies roar.

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
I didn't get the Mishimoto, but when I added my Heartthrob H Pipe there was no droning.

As far as sound, it did give it a slightly deeper tone compared to stock and not much more volume.

So if you are happy with the sound volume right now at stock, the H pipe will continue to produce that same volume but just at a deeper tone.

I did H pipe and stock mufflers for about a week before I was left with wanting more.
Ordered the Roush axle backs on Black Friday and I couldn't be happier with the sound the H Pipe and Roush exhaust makes.

The sound is so addicting, that I went from 21 MPG average by shifting under 2.5k whenever possible, to 16 MPG by shifting at higher RPM's just to hear those babies roar.
As a Roush Axleback + H-pipe user myself, I agree with this ^^

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
My Heartthrob H-pipe with stock mufflers & cats.
Crank er up!

[ame]

Sponsored

OP
OP

997S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey, thanks for all the replies! This really helps me in getting closer to the sound that I'm looking for.

Any other H-pipe, with stock mufflers, users out there?

Thanks.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Hey, thanks for all the replies! This really helps me in getting closer to the sound that I'm looking for.

Thanks.
that's my current setup. Good sound. A littleLouder and deeper sounding than stock. I think ill likely go with a set of headers with this setup and see how I like it. Probably ditch the stock mufflers soon though. But for now, I like it a lot.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4

Thanks.
that's my current setup. Good sound. A littleLouder and deeper sounding than stock. I think ill likely go with a set of headers with this setup and see how I like it. Probably ditch the stock mufflers soon though. But for now, I like it a lot.

I have the Mishimoto h pipe btw. It's great quality. 10/10

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Steeda H-pipe and stock mufflers here. To me it's about 10-15% louder than stock, same tone, no drone. I'll probably go complete catback at some point for more volume but for now it's fine.

Paul K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP Recaro

Thanks.
I have the MRT H-pipe with stock mufflers and also a PMAS air intake and the sound is perfect.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you shouldn't have any issues with drone, should deepen them up alittle bit while still being louder, let me know if we can help at all

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Love my Mishimoto H-pipe!

No drone...slightly louder at idle and driving. Bought it over the X-pipe because i wanted a deeper sound rather than a scavenging of the x-pipe.

Each of us is different.

CVCAshmere

OP
OP

997S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Very helpful replies!

Thanks, again!

PM to Beefcake.