GT500 mufflers... how do I know?

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
I am hoping to get some help with a quick question. I am meeting up with a guy to purchase a used set of GT500 mufflers for the 2011-2014s. For those of you that are running them, how do I know if they are "the real deal"? Just wondering where to look for the part number or any distinguishing marks or writing? I just want to be sure I'm really getting the GT500 mufflers and not just a pair of stock take offs. Thanks in advance guys!
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
I only have one pic but I will get more. Here is the pic. To me they look a little rough but I figured I could clean them up a bit. What do you guys think for $200?
Used GT500 exhaust small.jpg

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Those are it. Not a bad price really. Mines looked similar, I sanded it all down and sprayed the muffler with high temp matte black and polished the tip. Came out good.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The FRPP part number should be on them somewhere too, IIRC.

Sponsored

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Those are it. Not a bad price really. Mines looked similar, I sanded it all down and sprayed the muffler with high temp matte black and polished the tip. Came out good.
Thanks SolarFlare! How were you able to determine if they are the GT500 mufflers so easily. Your's turned out nice. I'm planning on painting mine too but might go with silver. What did you use for the rest of your exhaust? Do you have an X or H pipe, and if so which do you have and why did you choose it?

EDIT: I see you have long tubes, I bet that sounds bad a$$! I'm guessing you have a video somewhere on the site, I'll have to find it.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Thanks SolarFlare! How were you able to determine if they are the GT500 mufflers so easily. Your's turned out nice. I'm planning on painting mine too but might go with silver. What did you use for the rest of your exhaust? Do you have an X or H pipe, and if so which do you have and why did you choose it?

EDIT: I see you have long tubes, I bet that sounds bad a$$! I'm guessing you have a video somewhere on the site, I'll have to find it.
The tip is pretty distinctive, the way it opens up from the muffler outlet is unlike any other (also they go from a dull finish to a shine as it opens up), hanger positions, dimples (dots) on the mufflers themselves. Im on the stock resonator, sounds great, a bit louder than stock driving around but stab the throttle and you know it's there, tone is on point. When I go boost I'll likely do a custom X. Vids are on post 189 on the last page of the exhaust video sticky of this section.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm arranging to buy a used set of these too for about $200 + shipping. I hope it sounds as good as people say!

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I'm arranging to buy a used set of these too for about $200 + shipping. I hope it sounds as good as people say!
If you're the crazy loud, I must be heard 3 miles away type, this isn't your setup. Just warming so you don't waste time and money.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If you're the crazy loud, I must be heard 3 miles away type, this isn't your setup. Just warming so you don't waste time and money.
Its ok, I'm not that type.

Have an H-Pipe already and just want a little better tone than the stock mufflers, maybe a slightly increased volume and/or reduction in cold start rasp.

Black

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hash
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT
Its ok, I'm not that type.

Have an H-Pipe already and just want a little better tone than the stock mufflers, maybe a slightly increased volume and/or reduction in cold start rasp.
How did it turn out? I will be installing the same set up today or tomorrow

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
I am curious as well. Please post a video if your exhaust is installed! I did manage to purchase the mufflers. But unfortunately, mine are still sitting in the garage.

:headbonk:

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The tip is pretty distinctive, the way it opens up from the muffler outlet is unlike any other (also they go from a dull finish to a shine as it opens up), hanger positions, dimples (dots) on the mufflers themselves. Im on the stock resonator, sounds great, a bit louder than stock driving around but stab the throttle and you know it's there, tone is on point. When I go boost I'll likely do a custom X. Vids are on post 189 on the last page of the exhaust video sticky of this section.
If you remove the stock resonator they will get a lot louder especially with your headers. I had them on my 13 GT as just an axle back, with cat deletes and with catless long tubes and they went from mild to wild once the cats were gone especially with the long tubes. The 13 doesn't have the giant suitcase on it stock to quiet things down.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
How did it turn out? I will be installing the same set up today or tomorrow
That guy backed out of the deal, but I may have a lead on another set. I'll keep you guys posted if I managed to install a set.
Sponsored