Sponsored

Used GT350 @ Fred Beans? DONT BOTHER

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
What I REALLY don't understand was the sales lady kept asking "are you sure you want the car? You really want it?" as if she was expecting me to walk away or there wa something up with it that she wasn't telling me.
You should have walked into the center of the dealer and shouted "I want to buy this damn car, does anyone want to sell it to me? You have 30 seconds or I'm gone!"
Sponsored

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
You should have walked into the center of the dealer and shouted "I want to buy this damn car, does anyone want to sell it to me? You have 30 seconds or I'm gone!"
I wish I was that bold.

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I wish I was that bold.
Ha, well I don't suffer fools well. I would, at a minimum, have asked to speak to the general manager if any sales associate would have asked me that question more than once.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Ha, well I don't suffer fools well. I would, at a minimum, have asked to speak to the general manager if any sales associate would have asked me that question more than once.
He refused to see me until I was already in my car trying to drive away.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
So you're saying the sales manager was chasing you down while you were driving away?

You said you did this before and they couldn't beat your CUs rate - now you waited how long this time? Sounds like they fooled you twice.

Congrats on almost buying something, though. Good news is there are plenty of fish in the sea.

Sponsored

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
So you're saying the sales manager was chasing you down while you were driving away?

You said you did this before and they couldn't beat your CUs rate - now you waited how long this time? Sounds like they fooled you twice.

Congrats on almost buying something, though. Good news is there are plenty of fish in the sea.
It was my Nissan when they couldnt beat it, that was a different dealer and about 4 years ago. It only took maybe 30min total to work out numbers and check rates with Nissan. This just felt like they would rather fuck with my time than sell me a car.

If they hadnt been so Amature hour I'd likely have it in my driveway right now.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Funny enough I had a similar experiece. Went to test drive an 18 GT and called three days in advance with an appointment. We talked my current car/trade over the phone and I sent them all the details and also an email from another Ford dealer confirming they would give me full KBB value. I told them I would be putting $25-30K down and have excellent top tier credit.

Showed up right on time (I even confirmed via text an hour before and salesman said car was ready to go). Still waited 15 minutes. We finally go to drive the car and it's completely out of gas and the salesman has to track down a gas can. Waste another 15 minutes. Finally get to drive the car but we have to get gas ASAP. Had a great drive then head back, and I explain I need to go back to work and am not buying today (they also did not have the car I wanted in terms of options). Salesman says just give me a minute to run some quick numbers. I said okay you've got 5 minutes. 15 minutes later he comes back. They valued my trade $4K under KBB that I sent, and have an interest rate of 7% and way less money down and tax added in (umm my trade in is worth more than the car I'm buying).

I laughed at the salesman and told him if they are trying to sell me a car they are failing and need to do better. Sales manager comes over and I am professional but firm. He says no problem we can match KBB remove the tax, and get you 2-3% interest as long as I am top tier credit.

I left and told them I will talk later and they have followed up since then but haven't been pushy.

The sales tactics are silly you just need to work with a sales manager/GM.
Sponsored