Sponsored

Detailed Ford Performance Power Pack 2 Review

Einar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP pack
Thanks for the review.

I recently got the power pack 2 myself. I simply did not know before I purchased, that it had this no lift shift feature.

So when I went out for the first test drive and nailed the throttle and shifted it around 7k rpm through the first 3 gears, like I would do "normally" and it did this stutter thing, and I thought something was wrong. ( I installed it myself and first time I upload a tune)

So when I found out about the no lift( that I would rather not have) It seems to work fine almost all the time.
But I have been getting this stutter thing occasionally. and have been puzzled about it.
Good to know it is only me not releasing the clutch fast enough!

But can this no lift feature been deactivated? for us old school guys, that want to do thinks fully manual without any driving aids.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
This was a great review man. Like you said in the beginning, no fluff, just straight to the point. Yeah it's a longer video but you cover everything you need to cover and that we need to know succinctly.

You should make more videos. Subscribed.

OP
OP
Fredboy

Fredboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Camaro Super Sport
But can this no lift feature been deactivated? for us old school guys, that want to do thinks fully manual without any driving aids.
Thanks for watching, unfortunately it cannot be deactivated, but it should not interfere with shifting normally. As long as the clutch is fully engaged before applying throttle, there should be no stuttering.
This was a great review man. Like you said in the beginning, no fluff, just straight to the point. Yeah it's a longer video but you cover everything you need to cover and that we need to know succinctly.

Thanks!

Einar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP pack
Thanks for watching, unfortunately it cannot be deactivated, but it should not interfere with shifting normally. As long as the clutch is fully engaged before applying throttle, there should be no stuttering.

Thanks!
It seems to be very sensitive to for the clutch to be fully engaged.
I guess there is a sensor in the clutch pedal that the system relays on and the pedal needs to be 100% all the way up not just past the engaging point.

I have the softer Steeda clutch spring on my car, It improved the pedal feel greatly.
But I guess there is a possibility if you do not simply drop the clutch between shifts .But instead do it by feel and "feed the clutch in"(so to speak) and then maybe rest the foot slightly on the clutch pedal between shifts is maybe enough to interfere with the clutch sensor.

ALL in ALL I would want to get rid of this feature. But if that is not possible. Then I guess it is what it is.

Sponsored

blown302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 mustang gt/2004 svt cobra/2016 GT PP
Thanks for the detailed review Fredboy-best one yet. Now I have a good idea what to expect when I install my pp2.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
OP
OP
Fredboy

Fredboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Camaro Super Sport
I'm still using the factory clutch pedal spring and have only had the studdering issue when not using the no-lift-shift a couple of times. I'm fairly certain I did not have my foot completely off of the clutch before re-applying the throttle again in those instances.

Einar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP pack
I'm still using the factory clutch pedal spring and have only had the studdering issue when not using the no-lift-shift a couple of times. I'm fairly certain I did not have my foot completely off of the clutch before re-applying the throttle again in those instances.

When I no lift shift and drop the clutch pedal or almost it works fine.

I was referring to when I "floor it" and shift " fast " but feed the clutch and gas in. It has the tendency to stutter. SO it seems if going WOT and shift around 7K. It is simply better to rely on the no-lift-shift then to do it in a more normal way.

I guess all about the signal from the clutch pedal sensor

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for the detail review. I pop into the Power Pack threads hoping for a review or comment and usually it’s full of warranty discussion.:doh:

Thanks again and great video:thumbsup:

Sponsored

YukonRally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP

Agreed. You should make more videos, I would watch.

aclosedmind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Which k&n pre filter is that?

aclosedmind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks boss!!