K&N panel filter loose

OP
OP

Grinder67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Probably a one off thing... my K&N filter fit just fine as well.
I agree. K&N did finally get back to me yesterday and said they didn’t find anything unusual in their testing. The oem filters gasket measured at about .310-.320, where the the KN was at about .230. The clips were so loose that I didn’t feel confident they would even stay clipped. The AFE filters gasket was also at .320 and the housing actually clipped together a little tighter than the oem because the rubber was a little firmer than the FoMoCo.
Sponsored

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
My afe dry fit a little tight, which is good, but the raised gasket folded over and tore. I noticed this when doing a filter check, little bit of dust on the clean side of the filter. How is their warranty? I'm not sure I can dig up a proof of purchase, not sure where I bought it.

OP
OP

Grinder67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
My afe dry fit a little tight, which is good, but the raised gasket folded over and tore. I noticed this when doing a filter check, little bit of dust on the clean side of the filter. How is their warranty? I'm not sure I can dig up a proof of purchase, not sure where I bought it.
The sheet that came with the filter says limited lifetime warranty but you need:
The original sales receipt
A RGA # from AFE
Return shipping is on you

Not crazy about the filter housings design with it being “hinged”on one side. Did your filter tear on the hinge side?
Sponsored