GT350 Intake Dyno..ENJOY!

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
ya are making it really hard for me not to pull out the cc and get a 350 im? I really have to be patient and pay with cash!
It sucks since power pack 2 came out the throttle bodies are in short supply I waited 3 weeks for mine before canceling my order. Intake manifolds will be harder to get as well with PP3 coming out. Most places I found are out of stock on both of them.
Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I bet the twin jet will get better throttle precision and control, plus its well know the Cobra Jet setup makes a good addition 15-30WHP over the GT 350 IM at the expensive of low/mid range power/torque. Though I suspect it will probably be smoother and drive nicer.

Remember to engine lowering mounts, though I think some get away without if removing hood liner and strut brace.
There is no loss of torque with the CJ vs the GT350 if anything it makes more torque even at very low RPMs. CJ run is blue.
29z2ywi.png

AEDs test here and it picked up 2 tenths and 2mph over the GT350.

2vah4hx.png

Boss 302 vs CJ. I had the boss 302 on my 2013 and loved it. If the CJ is that much better I'll be stoked.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I want to pick up 25-30 more hp and started searching the threads and came across this. Lots of good information here. My car is a 15 auto Lund flex tuned with JLT and Corsa catbacks. It is a daily driver and drivability/smoothness is important to me. I don't plan on any more mods so I felt the 350 TB would meet my needs. From the posts here this is my conclusion for my wants/needs. Keep stock TB and buy GT350 IM and LU47# injectors. Have Lund retune and I should be GTG. I'm hoping to pick up 25-30 hp from the swap. Am I in the ball park? All constructive input is appreciated.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
This is probably the best choice for easy strait forward install and no clearance issues while retaining the strut brace. You will easily get about 30whp (peak) up top with gains of almost 50whp (not peak) above 7k rpm. The cobra jet IM is the most power producing manifold but deletes the IMRC, requires hood modification or engine lowering, and deletes the strut brace. The GT350 IM with stock tb will hit your power goals and be drivable like stock with a good tune. My Lund tune for this setup was great.

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
damn that made a shit load more power with the stock throttle body

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Such a good Mod! Massive horsepower increase uptop with better drivability. I'll stick it on the Dyno and update the board with results.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
damn that made a shit load more power with the stock throttle body
Nothing to be gained with a throttle body. Think of your garden with no nozzle. Now add a 2x bigger head. Will flow increase ?No.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Im starting the tuning process soon. I will ask which tb he prefers for me to use.

Sponsored

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
[MENTION=15682]sandeale[/MENTION]

None of your dyno graphs are showing anymore. Can you repost them?

noslo50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GT Premium w/PP Competition Orange
I can confirm the gains from the GT350 intake and TB are significant... especially when paired with long tubes and a tune.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I can confirm the gains from the GT350 intake and TB are significant... especially when paired with long tubes and a tune.
i can confirm as well with boost...but there's no substitute for a cobra jet intake....

noslo50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GT Premium w/PP Competition Orange
i can confirm as well with boost...but there's no substitute for a cobra jet intake....
I believe the only problem with the cobra jet is that it does not fit under the strut tower.
Sponsored