Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Not as much as I hate you now Mandy.

:paddle:
Now? Like it's only recently you started that :lol:... let me go burn the MFUK top i'm currently wearing :lol::lol:

OP
OP
Badhand

Badhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Fastback Pro Touring 'Hellraiser'
Now? Like it's only recently you started that :lol:... let me go burn the MFUK top i'm currently wearing :lol::lol:
No, you're right; it's been a while...

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I really don't understand why Photbucket still keep my pics live??

When I upload, I click on email links and then copy and paste into the forum page?

OP
OP
Badhand

Badhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've no idea either, but I expect they'll disappear soon. My photobucket pics went so I switched to Imgur who don't like this forum now, so they've bloody gone too.

At least Photofucket put up an image where they once were...

OP
OP
Badhand

Badhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, some progress of sorts... One of the things that has been holding us up, has been deciding which company to work with on the shocks. As one of the key components in the handling of the car, it has been important for us to get this right. So it is with great excitement, that we can announce new sponsors to the Hellraiser project – Nitron.

http://nitron.co.uk/index.php

U530675_full_kit_no_brackets_web.jpg

Nitron have been by far the most helpful, flexible and enthusiastic out of all the companies we've spoken to about our project . They have a really good range of products and have been very keen so far getting us to something we're convinced is going to work. We're currently looking at some 3 way adjustable shocks with remote reservoirs which will give us the range of adjustability we need for street and track use, as well as making refinements a doddle. Nitron are a UK company too which means speaking to them is easy.

So in line with the new sponsors, comes a new livery for Hellraiser:

OP
OP
Badhand

Badhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been bloody ages since I updated this here. So here goes the last few month's worth of news:

Bit of progress...

New front half of floor and firewall in place...

wVMBtwC.jpg

Planning what happens up the back end...

z0pLk06.jpg

Inner fender aprons in. Waiting on news from the Spanner Monkey re front suspension...

yKhnGQf.jpg

Right. Competition time. Any suggestions as to why the Hell the previous owner cut chunks out of the lower cowl panel? Don't think it's rust.

76oD1b1.jpg

Some work done over Christmas - making sure that back end is going to be stiff and strong...

QqIfKaH.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Badhand

Badhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And while that pesky Spanner Monkey sorts out his shit, I've been researching more stuff.

I've mentioned way back that one of my/our problems is the gearbox. We have the spanking new Tremec, but whilst that's fine for Nic, I have a disability which makes manual changes a bit of a pain.

We've toyed with swapping our Tremec for the new 10 speed. We've thought about utilising a Quaiffe sequential. We've even looked at some basic disabled gear stick mounted hand clutches or developing our own servo assisted wheel mounted clutch. Nothing has felt quite right until this:

OP
OP
Badhand

Badhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some news at last from Spanner Monkey Island!

Looks like the idle beast has got off his big blue arse and started fiddling with metal instead of his balls... It's 3mm mild steel with an anti-corrosion coating apparently.

SpdVrgY.jpg

Anyway, the 4 shapes on this chunk are the front mounts for top and bottom wishbones. These will sit around the chassis box and be welded to it. Top mount is level with the outside of the chassis box, bottom mount level with the inside.

Monkey boy reckons he's been a bit radical with the anti-dive so the bottom wishbone front mount is 100mm down from the underside of the chassis.This apparently angles the lower wishbone down at the front so that under heavy braking the 'bone is not acting parallel to the chassis, thereby reducing the load that the suspension receives. This could also be done by angling the top wishbone backwards, but my hairy friend never felt that was very efficient.

The other shapes are the balljoint mount plates. these will have reinforcement gussets around them. The lower mounts will be tied in to the coil-over bottom mount.

RXBMm2i.jpg

OP
OP
Badhand

Badhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some progress on Hellraiser. Mocking up the mounts for the front suspension. CAD modelling suggests this should work pretty well. It'll give us: 1.5 to 2 degrees camber at ride height. 3 degrees on bump. 3 degrees caster. With 40,000th of an inch over 4 inches of bump steer. The incursion into the engine bay is stressing us though. The Coyote's a big engine for this space and we've been trying to find a foam or plastic dummy to mock it all up. There doesn't seem to be one made. Thinking of fabbing it ourselves now. Unless anyone here knows of one...
51146979_2214423285244352_4246496124753412096_n.jpg
51193927_2214423475244333_7027216513786445824_n.jpg
51286876_2214423268577687_439436739916857344_n.jpg
51383399_2214423391911008_7830352982704128000_n.jpg
51736381_2214423405244340_1444599781719539712_n.jpg

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
Can't beleive I've never seen this thread before. What a build, thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait to see the finished result, any thoughts on when you'll be done by?

OP
OP
Badhand

Badhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't beleive I've never seen this thread before. What a build, thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait to see the finished result, any thoughts on when you'll be done by?
Ha! Not really. Current plan is to have a rolling chassis by end of this year...
Sponsored