Sponsored

The Tri bar LED / Sequential Indicator Sticky thread!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone got a clue about the headlight wiring for the diode dynamics kit? Im trying to do the job myself like John did and the wiring diagram from DD has no correlation to whats going on in my UK headlights.

I can get the DD kit to light up when my headlights are on but thats it, no operations as a DRL and can't find the signal for the indicator at all. Come to think about it, why would there be a wire carrying the indicator signal to the headlight cluster??? DD says there is but it baffles me
Either wire the power into a live (like splice it into the DRL) just don't wire in the indicator power.
OR
Wire into sidelights, that's all mine does :lol:
Sponsored

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
curious what the common consensus is after 24 pages, i 'think' its the Diode Dynamics? or is it the CJponyparts one - might be cool to add any tried and trusted method to the first post if its possible?

probably going the DIY route - don't fancy dropping ÂŁ700 quid (if i read that right)

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang V8 Fastback 2017
Bump for this. I want to get my tri bars done, just wondering what most people have done? And where the best place to get them fitted are. after reading sounds like a hastle for the garage to get the job done?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Bump for this. I want to get my tri bars done, just wondering what most people have done? And where the best place to get them fitted are. after reading sounds like a hastle for the garage to get the job done?
Fortis Auto Design have done 99% of owners lights, a couple have done them themselves, which i wouldn't want to try personally. :lol:

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang V8 Fastback 2017
Ok cheers, will give them a lookup :) Yes I wont be doing them myself haha :D

Fortis Auto Design have done 99% of owners lights, a couple have done them themselves, which i wouldn't want to try personally. :lol:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
So read through this thread...and still none the wiser. !

It seems 2 years on and a complete load of bodge ups, cock ups, poorly adapted lights that dont work very well, not sealed correctly and suffer with condensation !

I am very handy with the tools, and would consider doing this myself. if anyone can point me to a reliable kit..??
Failing that i will leave alone..!

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
So read through this thread...and still none the wiser. !

It seems 2 years on and a complete load of bodge ups, cock ups, poorly adapted lights that dont work very well, not sealed correctly and suffer with condensation !

I am very handy with the tools, and would consider doing this myself. if anyone can point me to a reliable kit..??
Failing that i will leave alone..!
There are a couple of guys on Facebook that are supposedly doing it correctly. From what I have seen their work is spot on. Put it this way, there are no silica gel packs being used! Check out simply mustangs and you can check out their work.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
There are a couple of guys on Facebook that are supposedly doing it correctly. From what I have seen their work is spot on. Put it this way, there are no silica gel packs being used! Check out simply mustangs and you can check out their work.
Who are they out of interest mate? I’m not on facebook...aware of “apr customs” on instagram, he seems to know what he is doing

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Who are they out of interest mate? I’m not on facebook...aware of “apr customs” on instagram, he seems to know what he is doing
Adam price (ap custom) and Michael Scott. Michael has done a lot of work for [MENTION=26917]sheps5.0[/MENTION] so I’m sure he will be happy to recommend

Sponsored

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
Adam price (ap custom) and Michael Scott. Michael has done a lot of work for [MENTION=26917]sheps5.0[/MENTION] so I’m sure he will be happy to recommend
These guys haven't worked on my headlights or tail lights personally so I can only tell you what I've read from people that have and I haven't seen one bad review on either. I've seen Mikes lights in his garage and they work perfectly and the way that both do the conversion is a lot more tidy and professional than previous attempts by other companies. Mike has done other work on my other lights and I am extremely happy with what he has done. :thumbsup:

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Right I’ve just read through all this and...... I’m confused, CJ pony parts sell the kit that’s labelled for EU/AUS vehicles which comes with the boards and all wiring, opening the lights isn’t an issue as I’ve done a few before but is this kit actually plug n play so to speak, obviously wires need to be tapped into but before I fork out the cash does the kit actually work? I’m not too fussed for sequential indicators but do want the tri bar DRL feature.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
They work perfectly. I have them on the car for a year with no issues at all.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Right I’ve just read through all this and...... I’m confused, CJ pony parts sell the kit that’s labelled for EU/AUS vehicles which comes with the boards and all wiring, opening the lights isn’t an issue as I’ve done a few before but is this kit actually plug n play so to speak, obviously wires need to be tapped into but before I fork out the cash does the kit actually work? I’m not too fussed for sequential indicators but do want the tri bar DRL feature.
The kit works, however it's a pain in the dickhole to do as a mod (opening lights etc) there's a few people that've self done it, and if you want to there's guides on the forum how to self complete the install. But it's not PnP

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
This thread hasn't been updated for a while

Thought it might be worth mentioning on this same thread the rear sequential indicators that are available

Feel free to move this if there is a suitable specific thread or let me know and ill create a new one

Just so everyone knows , JWR are the main UK importer for both the EPM (Exotic Pony Mods) plug and play modules (which do exactly as they say , just plug in and you have sequential rear indicators) and also the 3A3R (Full Amber or Full Red ) sequential kits which are a dealer install kit (or available exchange)

The plug and play kits are available from us directly here https://j-w-racing.co.uk/product.ph...ost__plug___play__tail_light_sequencers_2015_

or our biggest dealer Nemesis Performance

the 3A3R kits are available to be installed at ourt Luton workshop or on exchange basis https://j-w-racing.co.uk/product.ph..._triple_red_tail_light_sequencers_2015___2017

We also currently have 2 approved installers , one in the north of England and one in Essex , please contact us for details if you prefer to visit one of these dealers for install

If we can help with any questions feel free to call , message or email us

cheers

Jason
Sponsored