Sponsored

2019 Bullitt Mustang Officially Revealed at NAIAS!

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I've been purposefully keeping the miles off of my current Mustang to help with trade-in value this summer. I'm gonna be a little more picky with the press cars I accept as well so that I won't have to drive other cars quite as much. Already have several road trips I'll probably do this year too totaling 4,000-5,000 miles on their own, would love to drive across the country and back as well, etc.
Same. I'd like to do a "Route 66" style drive across America to San Francisco, hit some of the great driving/canyon roads in Cali then drive back.
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I saw it in person at the Portland Auto Show..

It's nice..it but it doesn't pop. Granted yes it's supposed to be subdued..but with the 2008/2009's you could tell instantly they were a Bullitt...this one..not so much.

I didn't get close enough to see which car # it was..it was on a platform.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
No hoodies (yet, probably never ????).
Best bet is finding the Bullitt jacket. Black heavy twill cloth.
Bullitt gas cap style logo (small) on the front and BULLITT on the back.
Made by JH Design--they make lots of similiar car jackets (Mustang, Ford, Corvette etc).

This run is now 10 yrs old....they had to get licensing from Ford, Warner Brothers, and the McQueen family. So totally unknown if it will be done again.

One seller on Amazon (and shipped by amazon) has an extra small and (1) XL left in stock. May find other sizes on ebay. In the past these ran big. i gave my original jacket to the buyer of my 08 when I sold it (shouldnt have but wanted the Boss). It has now been replaced. 1 XL left--- it may be too big but it can be taken down by a alternation shop. These came out at $125 so buying new now for $60 is a deal, especially if they are not remade.

Last edited:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Of course, before the car is released. :doh:
It was planned for awhile, but if you ever wanted to cruise with a lot of Bullitt Mustang owners, there's your chance!

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
It was planned for awhile, but if you ever wanted to cruise with a lot of Bullitt Mustang owners, there's your chance!
Probably just as fun as the Black Mustang Club drives I used to join on the way to Carlisle. Fun having a swarm of 15 black Mustangs(and 1 red SRT4) in a group on the highway. lol

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I saw it in person at the Portland Auto Show..

It's nice..it but it doesn't pop. Granted yes it's supposed to be subdued..but with the 2008/2009's you could tell instantly they were a Bullitt...this one..not so much.

I didn't get close enough to see which car # it was..it was on a platform.
That's weird, because I always thought the 08-09s were kind of dull color wise, too much gray, not super green, but the Bullitt place-marker car at the Barrett-Jackson auction really popped on TV.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
That's weird, because I always thought the 08-09s were kind of dull color wise, too much gray, not super green, but the Bullitt place-marker car at the Barrett-Jackson auction really popped on TV.
I think I know what he means, but hard to describe.

The 08-09 cars looked more green, even when in darker light you could still see a bit of deep green tint in it. It went from a near green tinted black to a metallic dark green.

The 2019 definitely seems to "swirl" bright metallic green/ metallic black more, even under bright lights it will go for a near black to a VERY bright metallic green then right back to a darker shade again. Instead of going from a 3-7 in green color it goes from 1-9 with a slighter shift in light angle.

Hard to describe it.

Sponsored

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I think I know what he means, but hard to describe.

The 08-09 cars looked more green, even when in darker light you could still see a bit of deep green tint in it. It went from a near green tinted black to a metallic dark green.

The 2019 definitely seems to "swirl" bright metallic green/ metallic black more, even under bright lights it will go for a near black to a VERY bright metallic green then right back to a darker shade again. Instead of going from a 3-7 in green color it goes from 1-9 with a slighter shift in light angle.

Hard to describe it.
Sorry, never saw the 08-09s that way, they weren't green in most light to me, actually very close to "guard" to tell the truth.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I personally think the 2019 looks like a much deeper green in person than the 2008. The color definitely seemed to pop more on the 2019 to me.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Sorry, never saw the 08-09s that way, they weren't green in most light to me, actually very close to "guard" to tell the truth.
To me Guard just looks like a grey with green tint in it.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Pictures are easy to make look whatever color, as color balance and such can be manipulated.I'm jJust sayin' they look closer to guard than DHG to me. I don't see them (08-09 Bullitts) very often, but when I have, I've always been disappointed they weren't more green. Again, just sayin', In person I didn't like the 08-09 "green" color.

P.S. I'll drop this now, it was just my personal observation. I have only seen the new Bullitt on line and on TV, but it looks more green, almost emerald green to me, and I want one.
Sponsored