Sponsored

Tyres

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Got fed up waiting for the Mich PS4 tyres, on 8 weeks lead time apparently. Also the latest Conti didn't have one of the tyre sizes (either rear or front, can't remember). So put on 4 x Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 tyres after reading the reviews and they seem to handle nicely in the dry, haven't tried them in the wet yet.

Anyone else fitted them or using another tyre apart from P Zeros?
Sponsored

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
I Have the Michelin ps4s but funnily enough the guy that fitted them recommended those tyres and if you look for some reviews they come in just behind the ps4s tyres

have fun

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i have the hankooks on both the convertable and the track car for general usage (though I use toyo r888's when actually racing)

they're very good tyres a little noisy but they're good pretty grippy in wet too

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After trying the tyres out in the wet and dry (in race and sport + mode) I can thoroughly recommend them, much better than the unexpected rear slip you got on the p zeros

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Coastal Bend Mustangs of Texas

That bloody "rear slip" had my attention 3 months after purchase and I bought Bridgestone S-04 pole positions for my pony. I've a friend in Wiltshire, Beanacre, U.K. Cheers!
tn_20180325_112352.jpg

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
I find it is easy enough to get PS4's for the front but not the back.

Would it cause much in the way of performance degridation if I had PS3's on the back and PS4's on the front?

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As long as have same tyres on same axis should be okay. Although if im going to spend a lot of money on a PS4 I don't want to compromise by having an inferior tyre on the rear. Id recommend the Hankooks and much cheaper than PS4

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I find it is easy enough to get PS4's for the front but not the back.

Would it cause much in the way of performance degridation if I had PS3's on the back and PS4's on the front?
better off getting mpss than ps3's

Sponsored

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace
Got fed up waiting for the Mich PS4 tyres, on 8 weeks lead time apparently. Also the latest Conti didn't have one of the tyre sizes (either rear or front, can't remember). So put on 4 x Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 tyres after reading the reviews and they seem to handle nicely in the dry, haven't tried them in the wet yet.

Anyone else fitted them or using another tyre apart from P Zeros?
I thought some places now had Michelin PS4S in stock - my latest check here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2264199&postcount=47

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I put Kumho Ecsta Le Sport KU39 on mine. Cheap, the rears lasted a good 10k miles even with 400+ horses through them, and the front gripped surprisingly well. They're a great tyre.

Tyre Reviews posted a video called "The Best Summer Tyres for 2018", and his response to my comment asking about Kumhos was:

I actually shot an extra bit recommending the ku39 and maxxis victra sport if you wanted to save even more money but cut it out due to length!
The new version of the Ecsta, the PS71, are supposed to be even better.

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
For anyone with a membership Costco Michelin tyre offer is on £30 in vouchers for 2 X 19" and above, £75 for 4x 19" and above until 15/7, they'll fit them whenever you need them fitting as long as you take them away during the offer

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
They say they can source any tyre from Michelin within a few days if they have stock but the way the PS4s is in short supply you'd need to ring and ask
Sponsored