Sponsored

Buying Used in the UK

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
I'll send you a pm now with his number and e-mail.
Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Great choice James.. however, I have to ask are you trying to model yourself on me??

I had white GT86, you get White GT86, now this!!

If you want to go the whole hog you'll need to put on a few stone and age a bit.. well... double at least!! You'll love this community, it's great.

OP
OP
tweedbean

tweedbean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Two MINI's but looking for a Mustang
Well I am clearly impatient and used to buying used cars where you get them instantly.

System shows the car as still in Belgium and due in anytime between now and 2nd June.

Aaron's doing a great job of keeping me up to date with everything and answering all my questions.

I just want to see it, and drive it of course.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Exciting times ahead mate, you gonna bring it the next OcUK Motors meet, were planning a huge one in September. :)

OP
OP
tweedbean

tweedbean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Two MINI's but looking for a Mustang
Exciting times ahead mate, you gonna bring it the next OcUK Motors meet, were planning a huge one in September. :)
Yep im up for that.

I have to keep stopping myself from ordering coilovers etc until I have at least seen the car lol. I want to get to a Mustang meet to hear exhausts and see some of other mods in person before I pull the trigger.

Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Well I am clearly impatient and used to buying used cars where you get them instantly.

System shows the car as still in Belgium and due in anytime between now and 2nd June.

Aaron's doing a great job of keeping me up to date with everything and answering all my questions.

I just want to see it, and drive it of course.
Imagine how we all felt. For example I ordered on December 27th 2016 and waited till June for delivery!! Many waited longer than that.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Imagine how we all felt. For example I ordered on December 27th 2016 and waited till June for delivery!! Many waited longer than that.
Ten months for my 2015. Given my 18 was just cancelled I'm looking at 10 to 12 total for another since placing my order in March just gone.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Yep im up for that.

I have to keep stopping myself from ordering coilovers etc until I have at least seen the car lol. I want to get to a Mustang meet to hear exhausts and see some of other mods in person before I pull the trigger.
Hold off on coilovers for a while buddy, though its not happened yet I know several people are looking at the possibility of retrofitting magneride, if that ever happens it would be the best way to go along with 350 springs.

Otherwise I tried:
Stock
FRPP Handling pack
FRPP & stock shocks with both stock and steeda linear springs

In the end I gave up and fitted KW Clubsports, spent some time dialling them in and they gave the best results, end of the day the Mustang is an awesome car but the IRS is in its early day on the Mustang and its a heavy car so if your expecting M2 handling, it won't happen but you can make it very good in the dry, in the wet I'd always air caution.

I'd say there is two ways you can go, cheap way with some effect on handling but great looks or the all out big spender way to maximise handling potential and even better looks.

Cheap way I'd suggest:
- Keep Pzero until worn out
- Ford Eibach lower springs - £150 shop around
- Eibach 15mm rear spacers and Eibach 25mm front spacers - £300
- BMR CB005 - £250
- Maybe consider eibach anti-roll bars????

The above keeps price well under 1k, you get the great looks and stance with slightly improved handling.

Expensive way I'd suggest:
- MY18 Michelin PS4S tyres
- Pedders coilovers though I'd spend more and get KW V1, V3 or Clubsports
- 19" Forged wheels in correct offsets to remove need for spacers and run a 275/40/19 square setup using the MY18 PS4S rears all round.
- BMR CB005
- Eibach anti-roll bars or if you can find some adjustable go adjustable so you can change balance further.

I'd also suggest you enjoy the car stock first, to discover what you like and dislike, then work from there. :)