MY18 REVIEWS: The thread to put the press/owner reviews of MY18

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
Matt finally got round to reviewing the '18. Another good perspective from a' 16 owner.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
That blue definitely suits the 18!

Seems that 10 speed is not the way forward, you need a Porsche if you want fast gear changes. Also is it my imagination or are the paddles on the steering wheel?? :doh: So if you turn the wheel the paddles follow?

Also that you can’t keep it in paddle mode would annoy me as I assume it will automatically change to “efficient” mode after a minute or two??

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

Seems that 10 speed is not the way forward, you need a Porsche if you want fast gear changes. Also is it my imagination or are the paddles on the steering wheel?? :doh: So if you turn the wheel the paddles follow?

Also that you can’t keep it in paddle mode would annoy me as I assume it will automatically change to “efficient” mode after a minute or two??

The ZF8 is a lot better, let alone a PDK or DCT, they improved with the 10 speed over 6 and the 10 seems proper quick when left in auto mode but it does seem to overly shuffle through the gears and is not responsive enough on paddles too disconnected. You can lock them into manual mode put gear box in S and pull a paddle then it shall stay in manual mode until you put it back into auto.

Had an A6 for a week, when I am next in US shall hire an A10 for a week and put well over 1000 miles on it.

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
The ZF8 is a lot better, let alone a PDK or DCT, they improved with the 10 speed over 6 and the 10 seems proper quick when left in auto mode but it does seem to overly shuffle through the gears and is not responsive enough on paddles too disconnected. You can lock them into manual mode put gear box in S and pull a paddle then it shall stay in manual mode until you put it back into auto.

Had an A6 for a week, when I am next in US shall hire an A10 for a week and put well over 1000 miles on it.
I'm in the Florida Keys at the mo and I can't believe the number of mustangs on the road. Overwhelmingly Ecoboost 18s, so presumably mostly rentals.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the Florida Keys at the mo and I can't believe the number of mustangs on the road. Overwhelmingly Ecoboost 18s, so presumably mostly rentals.
Yes rentals are always EB, you can rent GT but they are cost extra or rent via Turo.

I always pay extra to rent V8, so far rented GM Tahoe V8, Mustang V8 A6 and Camaro SS V8 A8.

Will get a Mustang GT A10 next or a Challenger or Corvette.

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
Yes rentals are always EB, you can rent GT but they are cost extra or rent via Turo.

I always pay extra to rent V8, so far rented GM Tahoe V8, Mustang V8 A6 and Camaro SS V8 A8.

Will get a Mustang GT A10 next or a Challenger or Corvette.
I rent regularly for business in the UK, but this is my first experience of renting in the US. We've ended up with a POS Jeep Patriot, but I suppose it's doing the job. Originally was going to rent a GT but mine arrives on the 9th June an I didn't want to water down the excitement

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16

I agree, especially with the black accent package.

Paddles are on the wheel same as the 15-17 A6. On the A6, in S mode on the box, once you use the paddles it stays manual until you shift back to D. Can’t imagine why they’d remove that feature from the A10.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, especially with the black accent package.

Paddles are on the wheel same as the 15-17 A6. On the A6, in S mode on the box, once you use the paddles it stays manual until you shift back to D. Can’t imagine why they’d remove that feature from the A10.

Once in s-mode and when you click the paddles it remains in "manual" mode.

I'll try to capture a vid of the responsiveness with a dual camera setup if possible. I can say it is pretty quick in the shifts in manual mode. Not dual clutch fast but in my opinion fast enough

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
So this week I was going to sign for a new Cayman today fed up with the wait for MY19 and the silence from Ford but then cancelled a couple of days ago. Today I had to go to cardiff on my Harley and popped into Fordthorne. Asked a sales girl if they had a MY18 hidden away in the compound, the jerk next to her says no mate we haven’t got one. Anyhow she goes to ask and sure enough they have an orange GT about to have a wash for a show tomorrow so she got the bloke to drive it round. Could hear it from the showroom and went outside to take a good look and listen to my first 18 GT. IM SOLD finally and can’t wait to put an order in now after 2 years. Sounded awesome

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
So this week I was going to sign for a new Cayman today fed up with the wait for MY19 and the silence from Ford but then cancelled a couple of days ago. Today I had to go to cardiff on my Harley and popped into Fordthorne. Asked a sales girl if they had a MY18 hidden away in the compound, the jerk next to her says no mate we haven’t got one. Anyhow she goes to ask and sure enough they have an orange GT about to have a wash for a show tomorrow so she got the bloke to drive it round. Could hear it from the showroom and went outside to take a good look and listen to my first 18 GT. IM SOLD finally and can’t wait to put an order in now after 2 years. Sounded awesome
You won’t regret it. Good job

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP2's look epic, up another level on the aggression, love that Laguna Seca splitter, orange still favourite but looks great in red with the red recaro's and interior accents.

[ame]

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
PP2's look epic, up another level on the aggression, love that Laguna Seca splitter, orange still favourite but looks great in red with the red recaro's and interior accents.

That PP2 kit makes the 18 look so much better - whatever it is that front looks much improved. Even the spoiler looks nicer than the standard 18 one. I also like the wheels. If they brought the PP2 to the UK then I could be persuaded.

If Ford want to be seen as producing a serious performance car to compete with the premium brands then this is the kind of stuff they need to be bringing over, if they can't bring the GT350.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
it was designed to go against the scatpack / 1le's etc not european sports cars lets face it its never going to compete against the euro models its too big and brutal and heavy.

we'll never get it in the UK i'm actually surprised the bullitt is coming over.

I do like those wheels its a shame they ruined it with a small spoiler although it does apparently create downforce now which is better than the standard gt one
Sponsored