Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I tried one 0-60 in drag strip mode (still running in so just one go).
The on board timer said 4.9 seconds which seems about right for cold tyres. (The change from 1st to 2nd gears lost too much traction.)
The rear suspension gets very firm and the front very light causing the car to squirrel about slightly. It felt like lifting the front wheel on a motorcycle under hard acceleration.

At 60mph my feeling was that the car was just getting into it's stride.

Unfortunately I don't think I've seen a single owner in US or UK post a time under 4.0s on street tyres, most seem around 4.5s which to be quite honest if I'd got my 2018 and only achieved that on the A10 I'd be quite frank disappointed. Most UK reviews seems to put the A10 at 4.4s in their testing which is quite a far throw from Fords claimed 3.9s (albeit US model), no idea what Ford claim for UK cars.

So I'd be quite miffed, admittedly though once the A10 is rolling the shorter ratios certainly to make it do the 60-130mph quite a bit quicker than an A6 or manual. Guess you can't have your cake and eat it.
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On our rubbish roads the back end was too stiff in drag mode. Any bump or hole helps the wheels spin. The change between 1st and 2nd was where the car lost time, it almost felt as if the traction control was applying the brakes. I'll try it in the different modes, it might be that Normal is the fastest for our roads with its more forgiving suspension.

I remember a group test by Top Gear around the Isle of Man where, on paper, the Arial Atom should have easily beaten the other Porsches, Jags etc. But the road was too rough for the Atom to put any sort of power down and it was last.

We need a UK setting on the Magneride.

Well that is joy of mag ride, just leave it in normal mode, as drag mode is really for a smooth drag strip. Drag mode also increase line pressure on the automatic which is why its so aggressive on upshifts and will cause it to break traction on shifts.

On the road I'd try launching in wet or normal mode, so suspension is at its overall softest with the gearbox in D and then try S, then try S with paddles.

I've been at Santa Pod three weeks in a row in the SVR dialling it in to see what settings work best and I've discovered the best times come from running in wet/snow mode (diff at 50/50), gearbox in S and letting it upshift itself at limiter or if its hot short shifting manually as its dumps fuel when hot to protect the catalyst which of course reduced power which unfortunately happens at drag strip due to sitting idling for over an hour before running.

We have a Santa Pod meed on Saturday June 16th, where Mustang Unleashed group is going, myself, Mac and a few others to have some fun at the drag strip. I am down to an 11.2s run now so hoping for ideal conditions and the perfect run, don't think I can do a 10 stock, but I can certainly try get close. :D

Everyone is welcome to join, will be a fun day. :)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well, i’ve had a very eventful couple of days...

Friday - cleaned and detailed it like never before; went to town on the wheels, including cleaning inside the barrells, added some quick wheel sealant, cleaned and polished up the exhaust tips, clayed the whole car, added paint sealant and a layer of wax, polished a cleaned the windows and dressed the trim and tires. All in i was probably on it for a good 9 hours, absolutely exhausted but absolutely stunning results - best it’s ever looked!

Saturday - on the road at just after 6am for Donington, feeling pretty proud of myself after Fridays efforts and found myself thinking “finally, after all the shit this year, my car finally feels like its back on track”. Enter the pheasant...yep, cruising on the m40 at 70, a bastard pheasant wanders out in typical style right in the middle lane, i had very little time to react and ended up just trying to drive around it by moving over half a lane. Not enough :( SMASH! Cliped it on the front quarter - passenger side. Looked behind me and saw it in the road so i knew it hadn’t got caught up in the grille - thankfully. Only a couple of miles from the services so i stopped to have a look...got away lightly all things considered but am left with a nasty little crack which will need to be repaired. Could have been worse!

Onwards to Donington, i was in just after 9 and parked up. Bumped in to loads of people straight away, some I hadn’t met before and it was just a really nice day - good atmosphere and obviosuly the biggest Mustang display I have ever been too - just shy of 250 cars from what i remember.

Caught up with mr Mander in the evening, went to the “50’s American Diner” in Swadlincote which was cool. Then we went for a mini cruise down some country lanes, just before sunset which was a nice end to the day. Manders - i haven’t said yet but the EB does sound awesome mate and yea, i had a hard time keeping up! It’s rapid for sure. Brakes nice n sharp too as he narrowly avoided mowing down some baby pheasants :lol: i couldnt have dealt with more pheasant deaths that day so that was a bonus haha

Sunday - very low key but still took the Mustang down to Winchester, first time i’ve been and what a pretty little town. Went to see the new Avengers film at the quirky, yet brilliant “Everyman Cinema” highly reccomend if you're ever in the area.

So that was my adventurous weekend, I’m pretty sure i’ll be booking in with Dave at GT101 in the very near future to get this bumper sorted, service and hopefully a mod or two!

Cheers
67E2F1EB-0BDC-4364-A6F3-EC87C1AB54CC.jpeg
C2829E9C-922B-4BCE-96F2-8055B377AB91.jpeg
7AB88355-9615-465D-83CC-744C15E4313C.jpeg

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
Well, i’ve had a very eventful couple of days...

Friday - cleaned and detailed it like never before; went to town on the wheels, including cleaning inside the barrells, added some quick wheel sealant, cleaned and polished up the exhaust tips, clayed the whole car, added paint sealant and a layer of wax, polished a cleaned the windows and dressed the trim and tires. All in i was probably on it for a good 9 hours, absolutely exhausted but absolutely stunning results - best it’s ever looked!

Saturday - on the road at just after 6am for Donington, feeling pretty proud of myself after Fridays efforts and found myself thinking “finally, after all the shit this year, my car finally feels like its back on track”. Enter the pheasant...yep, cruising on the m40 at 70, a bastard pheasant wanders out in typical style right in the middle lane, i had very little time to react and ended up just trying to drive around it by moving over half a lane. Not enough :( SMASH! Cliped it on the front quarter - passenger side. Looked behind me and saw it in the road so i knew it hadn’t got caught up in the grille - thankfully. Only a couple of miles from the services so i stopped to have a look...got away lightly all things considered but am left with a nasty little crack which will need to be repaired. Could have been worse!

Onwards to Donington, i was in just after 9 and parked up. Bumped in to loads of people straight away, some I hadn’t met before and it was just a really nice day - good atmosphere and obviosuly the biggest Mustang display I have ever been too - just shy of 250 cars from what i remember.

Caught up with mr Mander in the evening, went to the “50’s American Diner” in Swadlincote which was cool. Then we went for a mini cruise down some country lanes, just before sunset which was a nice end to the day. Manders - i haven’t said yet but the EB does sound awesome mate and yea, i had a hard time keeping up! It’s rapid for sure. Brakes nice n sharp too as he narrowly avoided mowing down some baby pheasants :lol: i couldnt have dealt with more pheasant deaths that day so that was a bonus haha

Sunday - very low key but still took the Mustang down to Winchester, first time i’ve been and what a pretty little town. Went to see the new Avengers film at the quirky, yet brilliant “Everyman Cinema” highly reccomend if you're ever in the area.

So that was my adventurous weekend, I’m pretty sure i’ll be booking in with Dave at GT101 in the very near future to get this bumper sorted, service and hopefully a mod or two!

Cheers
Must have been national mustang obliterate pheasant day. I took one out on the A417. Had chunks of it wedged in the front of the car. Pushed the fog light housing out the clips. Don't think it's broke any. And snapped one clip where the bumper meets the wing.:mad::mad:

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Must have been national mustang obliterate pheasant day. I took one out on the A417. Had chunks of it wedged in the front of the car. Pushed the fog light housing out the clips. Don't think it's broke any. And snapped one clip where the bumper meets the wing.:mad::mad:
Yea saw your pics mate - nasty stuff, makes mine look like nothing!

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I started my gt350im swap today while the kids were out.

Now half way through after doing the wiring loom mod. Can’t fit the new manifold until amazon deliver a blanking grommet for the firewall so that will have to be one evening during the week.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1

Now half way through after doing the wiring loom mod. Can’t fit the new manifold until amazon deliver a blanking grommet for the firewall so that will have to be one evening during the week.
What exactly have you had to do with the loom, as this to me still seems to be the biggest unknown..... Did have you have to lock out the IMRCs?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Love the third photo Kristian, the light accentuates the front/bonnet lines

Ritchie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any old shite.

Could you please post the link to the grommet? I’ve been meaning to get one for mine for ages but keep forgetting.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Went to the OcUK HQ Motors meet - really good fun and lots to do there, some proper badass (and expensive) cars popping up, and a solid variety.

Here's some shots of the beast there:

32452593_10160834723595455_7950151208411332608_n.jpg

32372820_10160837811685455_4018935567566766080_o.jpg

32399387_10160837811150455_5034668772993007616_o.jpg

32367056_10160837810895455_9159954637116145664_o.jpg

32349645_10160837811290455_5534344250302398464_o.jpg

32430255_10160837811365455_8482792492452806656_o.jpg

32336648_10160837811555455_4424868122306019328_o.jpg

and my favourite car of the day up last - a 720s that's 3 weeks old.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Incredible day, good to see some Mustangs, my ride out in the 720S was something else, mind bending acceleration and stopping ability, crazy how it can hook up near 800 horses been RWD and just launch hard with LC.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a 28mm blanking grommet for £3.50 off amazon. If it fits I will post the link guys. I might well have to experiment with a few until I get a good fit. It’s far easier to fit with the manifold off so I won’t be refitting it until I get this bit right.

As for the loom mod it’s quite easy. The loom is surrounded by plastic shield with electrical tape wrapped round. Remove the electrical take for approx 5” of loom length. Pull the wires out with the connectors on the end out. Pull them to the other end of the 4-5” section you removed the tape from. Stuff the wires back into the plastic shield and retape. Now the connectors exit the loom approx 4” further to the left when looking from the front of the car.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Incredible day, good to see some Mustangs, my ride out in the 720S was something else, mind bending acceleration and stopping ability, crazy how it can hook up near 800 horses been RWD and just launch hard with LC.
Mac sent me the burn out video! When’s the next OC event Gibbo? Harry wants to try the racing sim again.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Never been entirely happy with my GT350 exhaust tips:mad:, so today I got my fabricator chappy, to fit the Borla Ford Racing tips...:thumbsup:

Looks meaty:D:)

Will post a couple of pics when finished:cheers:

7_D1_CA85_F-6139-47_D2-_B038-19_FB78_CA7_AA7.jpg

6_AFBA7_A7-78_AF-4_E52-_AA0_B-_B7_BD38_FE55_EC.jpg

EDF82_ED9-18_E2-422_B-98_EE-6_D9_CA75_A45_A3.jpg

6_AB72_C83-24_F8-4780-_B753-_B9_A125_BB782_F.jpg
Sponsored