Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I can't seem to get my car to recognize the USB stick.

I downloaded the 18025 update from leszek link a few pages back, extracted it to a empty 32GB USB3.0 thumb drive.

Did you use a Mac or Windows based PC to extract?

If Mac you have to do it in a certain way or with a certain program.

If PC, then something else is probably going on.

Try this discussion as it may help: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...-update.html&usg=AOvVaw1Hj4OO1jGa_5y8g8C6ihE3
Sponsored

SJenkinsTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lincoln MKX
For v2.3 to 3.x upgrade use the vanilla Ford nav file from:
http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/owner-package/9407541667813415226/JR3T-14G381-AL.zip
Follow the standard Ford instructions.
Thanks for the file. I was finally able to get the Lincoln dealer to admit to and install the v3.0 upgrade. Since I'm going on a 4k+ mile trip next week I'll wait until I'm back to try the Ford Nav file. Do you have any idea what the build/upgrade date of the file is and how that relates to the NA 1.15 I've got?

Not that I expect it to do much good, but I sent more than a few words to the GM at the dealership about my experience and disappointment with the systems. Almost wish I still had my '95 F150, things were so simple back then ( the pic is from the Great Sand Dunes in 2006 modified F150 and 32' 5er)...
95 F150 32ft 5er Great Sand Dunes.jpg

Bonillan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

SUPR_VILN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Prem
Anybody else having trouble downloading the files from ford? it always says this service is temporarily unavailable.

pontiac69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Edition
Apple Car Play

I started looking through this thread to see if I can figure out my problem but there are over 300 pages. I got through a few and didn't see an answer to my problem. So here goes.......

I have a 2016 Premium Cali Edition. It has the 8" touchscreen with 9 speakers no naviagation. I went ahead and ordered the part from a ford dealer website. I recieved the part a week later. I ordered part number HU5Z-19A387-A. When I recieved the part, the part number on the box is correct but the part number on the USB device is HU5T-14F014-AB. I messaged the dealer and they said one number is the engineering number one is a part number. That they are the same part. But ultimately I cannot get it to work. I went to owners.ford.com , made up an account, downloaded the update onto my ( windows) computer. Unzipped the files and put them on a 64gb USB flash drive. The drive was formatted to exFat before moving over the extracted files. When I plug in the drive it says system updating. But within 3-5 min it says " installation failed" The installation has run out of space or does not work with this version.

Pics attached. The USB hub with the X on it is my original one. The other is the one they sent in the box brand new from Ford. Last picture is what they sent me explaining the part number discrepancy.
IMG_2813.JPG
IMG_2814.JPG
IMG_2815.JPG
IMG_2816.JPG
IMG_2817.JPG
HU5Z-19A387-A.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I started looking through this thread to see if I can figure out my problem but there are over 100 pages. I got through a few and didn't see an answer to my problem. So here goes.......

I have a 2016 Premium Cali Edition. It has the 8" touchscreen with 9 speakers no naviagation. I went ahead and ordered the part from a ford dealer website. I recieved the part a week later. I ordered part number HU5Z-19A387-A. When I recieved the part, the part number on the box is correct but the part number on the USB device is HU5T-14F014-AB. I messaged the dealer and they said one number is the engineering number one is a part number. That they are the same part. But ultimately I cannot get it to work. I went to owners.ford.com , made up an account, downloaded the update onto my ( windows) computer. Unzipped the files and put them on a 64gb USB flash drive. The drive was formatted to exFat before moving over the extracted files. When I plug in the drive it says system updating. But within 3-5 min it says " installation failed" The installation has run out of space or does not work with this version.

Pics attached. The USB hub with the X on it is my original one. The other is the one they sent in the box brand new from Ford. Last picture is what they sent me explaining the part number discrepancy.
What’s your current version of sync? It’s probsbly 1.0/1.1 if you haven’t updated before. There is nothing wrong with the hub you ordered. You can try finding a 2.2/2.3 update then update to 3.0 maybe that’ll help.

Alternatively, you can just update the OS and not the voice files/gracenote. Voice is most likely the culprit since I read about it months ago causing people problem due to its size/formatting.

Ill send you a pm.

Last edited:

apdlmike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
Anybody else having trouble downloading the files from ford? it always says this service is temporarily unavailable.
Yep. Won’t let me download either, just gives me the System Error message. Tried on different browsers and got same results. Would be great if we could get mirrors for the latest build.

pontiac69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Edition
The car sits in my garage. I have the wifi on and it's detected my home wifi. Won't it automatically update the software? Does the car need to be running for the update via wifi to start? Is there a way to search for update on the radio? I think I need to update software from version 1 to version 2.2 first. Does ford do this update for free. I have an appointment on Friday this week for them to fix something. Car only have 10 k miles.

apdlmike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
FYI looks like the site is fixed. I'm downloading it now.

Edit: My radio won't take the update. Tells me the system is on the latest version, but when I go to About Sync it says I'm running version 3.0 build 17194_PRODUCT. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Downgrade to an earlier version and redo the upgrade. All upgrades since version 2.3 have a version check where they only check for the major revision of the system, noch the build version.

What i did when i still had a SYNC3 i did a downgrade to version 2.2 without all the helper programs and then reupgraded to the official update.

Sponsored

apdlmike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
Downgrade to an earlier version and redo the upgrade. All upgrades since version 2.3 have a version check where they only check for the major revision of the system, noch the build version.

What i did when i still had a SYNC3 i did a downgrade to version 2.2 without all the helper programs and then reupgraded to the official update.
Yikes. Where can I get the older versions? I can't see a place on Ford's site to download them. And do I have to do anything to force a downgrade or is it the same process as an upgrade?

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Basically it's the same process. Put folder with the files onto a stick, put an autoinstall.lst and dontindex-file into the root of the stick and put it in the USB slot.

With the files i cannot help you, but i guess more people here still have the necessary files (only have the EU files only).

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
FYI looks like the site is fixed. I'm downloading it now.

Edit: My radio won't take the update. Tells me the system is on the latest version, but when I go to About Sync it says I'm running version 3.0 build 17194_PRODUCT. Any ideas?

https://www.focusrs.org/forum/30-focus-rs-electronics/82042-unofficial-sync-3-3-0-update.html

Check out this thread for the fix. It involves editing the autoinstall.lst file which tells Sync how to update and what files to use.

apdlmike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
https://www.focusrs.org/forum/30-focus-rs-electronics/82042-unofficial-sync-3-3-0-update.html

Check out this thread for the fix. It involves editing the autoinstall.lst file which tells Sync how to update and what files to use.
Exactly what I needed, thanks! For anyone else that was having this issue:

focus rs board said:
If you have gone to v3.0.17276 and try to update to the official 18025 package it won't install because there is a version check to the process that sees you already have v3.0 (it only checks for v3 and not the sub-versions).
Some say you should go back to v2.3 but that is wrong. All you do is edit the autoinstall.lst file in notepad and remove the two lines for item with -AHH at the end and then you need to re-number all the rest so to that it is all sequential. Should then be items 1 to 7 instead of 1 to 8 before.
This will remove the version check process and will allow the official 18025 update to install.
Just edit the autoinstall.lst file on the USB stick to contain the following:
Code:
; SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.0.13 - Only for Nav/NA assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18025_PRODUCT]
Item1 = HB5T-14G386-THA
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-THA.tar.gz
Item2 = HB5T-14G386-TCB
Open2 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-TCB.tar.gz
Item3 = JR3T-14G391-CD
Open3 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G391-CD.tar.gz
Item4 = JR3T-14G381-AL
Open4 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G381-AL.tar.gz
Item5 = JR3T-14G423-CA
Open5 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G423-CA.tar.gz
Item6 = HB5T-14G387-AAB
Open6 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G387-AAB.tar.gz
Item7 = GB5T-14G386-AA
Open7 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AA.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction
Then plug it in and run the update as usual.

pontiac69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Edition
Why can't there just be an easier way. Like going to the ford website , downloading the file, then install in car. I am not a computer person so I don't really understand the stuff I have to do to get this to work.

Is there a way for someone to email the files to me the way they need to be?
Sponsored

Last edited: