2018 GT Whipple and still waiting

Franklin Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP (Magnetic Metallic)
Expectations weren't set too well by Whipple on this one. Had they said initially it would be end of June before kits begin to ship, I would have said okay. Instead, it started with they would ship in March, then pushed back, then pushed back, then pushed back again. Oh well. I'll keep waiting patiently.
Sponsored

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
I guess everyone is ordering the stage 2 kit? If you got the 15 percent off its only 600 dollars more than stage 1.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I guess everyone is ordering the stage 2 kit? If you got the 15 percent off its only 600 dollars more than stage 1.
Did they confirm what is included in the stage 2 vs stage 1?

I know they were going back and forth on pulley sizes .

Does the stage 2 have the bigger throttle body /fuel pump upgrade ?

Warranty for stage 2 ?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Did they confirm what is included in the stage 2 vs stage 1?

I know they were going back and forth on pulley sizes .

Does the stage 2 have the bigger throttle body /fuel pump upgrade ?

Warranty for stage 2 ?
I see it now on Lethal's website

https://www.lethalperformance.com/w...-2-3-0l-supercharger-kit-2018-mustang-gt.html

You do get quite a bit for $700 more ($600 with 15 % off )
132 mm TB, fuel pump and I assume upgraded injectors over stage 1 ....but no warranty which I wanted . I wonder if I can still pay the difference to upgrade ? - not 100% sure the warranty is worth it with it's exclusions.

It will cost a lot more than that to upgrade later but I know I will eventually
At that point will probably end up with long tubes and aftermarket tune if I don't do the stage 2 now .

Decisions,decisions . I guess an upside (or down side for my wallet ) of the delay is I get a chance to change my mind .
Lol

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
I see it now on Lethal's website

https://www.lethalperformance.com/w...-2-3-0l-supercharger-kit-2018-mustang-gt.html

You do get quite a bit for $700 more ($600 with 15 % off )
132 mm TB, fuel pump and I assume upgraded injectors over stage 1 ....but no warranty which I wanted . I wonder if I can still pay the difference to upgrade ? - not 100% sure the warranty is worth it with it's exclusions.

It will cost a lot more than that to upgrade later but I know I will eventually
At that point will probably end up with long tubes and aftermarket tune if I don't do the stage 2 now .

Decisions,decisions . I guess an upside (or down side for my wallet ) of the delay is I get a chance to change my mind .
Lol
I was using lethals website and whipples for the information. they also said 300 more rpm redline on stage 2. They said only one more pound of boost for stage 2 but yielded 900 crank horsepower compared to 775 for stage 1.

Sponsored

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
From Whipples Facebook page.

Stock : 396.41 RWHP / 369.14 RWTQ

Stage 1 : 700.97 RWHP / 544.48 RWTQ

Stage 2 : 745.52 RWHP / 570.39 RWTQ

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
From Whipples Facebook page.

Stock : 396.41 RWHP / 369.14 RWTQ

Stage 1 : 700.97 RWHP / 544.48 RWTQ

Stage 2 : 745.52 RWHP / 570.39 RWTQ

We were 2 months behind schedule due to multiple factors, lots of hard work, an incredible amount of new parts. We did a soft launch, found some issues/errors and now are onto standard production on Stage 2 based systems. Stage 1 is awaiting a new air inlet system.

Stage 1 uses 4.0" SC pulley, 38lb/hr injectors, stock fuel pump, warrantable.

Stage 2 uses 3.875" SC pulley, 38lb/hr injectors, DW400 pump, 300rpm higher limit/shift points.
Stage 1 and 2 vs stock_1200.jpeg
2018 Polish Shelby.jpg

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We were 2 months behind schedule due to multiple factors, lots of hard work, an incredible amount of new parts. We did a soft launch, found some issues/errors and now are onto standard production on Stage 2 based systems. Stage 1 is awaiting a new air inlet system.

Stage 2 uses 3.875" SC pulley, 38lb/hr injectors, DW400 pump, 300rpm higher limit/shift points.
Thanks for the update . I am sure it will have been worth the wait .

I did preorder a stage I so was hoping to be high up on the list for shipping when it's ready .Would I get a stage 2 quicker If I upgraded my order ?.....since stage I is "awaiting new air inlet"

I think that's what I am going to do . Spend the money for the warranty on gen stage 2 upgrade which is a lot of bang for the buck . Billet OPG /CS installed at the same time will be my "warranty" . Lol

No money wasted on warranty if /when I decide to step it up with long tubes and aftermarket tune .

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
I bought my car in April, still sitting in OH waiting for parts to complete. I email every two weeks getting the same answer. I specifically bought promised a May 15- June 1st delivery because summer is short here in WI. I have a VIN, made a payment once already, put $10k down and watch Camaros and Corvettes pass me everyday while I wait, losing more confidence every day. Fucking sucks.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2

I did preorder a stage I so was hoping to be high up on the list for shipping when it's ready .Would I get a stage 2 quicker If I upgraded my order ?.....since stage I is "awaiting new air inlet"

I think that's what I am going to do . Spend the money for the warranty on gen stage 2 upgrade which is a lot of bang for the buck . Billet OPG /CS installed at the same time will be my "warranty" . Lol

No money wasted on warranty if /when I decide to step it up with long tubes and aftermarket tune .
Smart move

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Did you leave out or just forget to include the 132 mm TB with coupler ?

I wonder if the pump will be enough to run E85 with upgraded injectors ?

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Curious if any quarter mile times are around for stage2 w/ 10speed yet?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curious if any quarter mile times are around for stage2 w/ 10speed yet?
Hopefully I will have some "real world " times for you soon . Lol

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0

Stage 2 is available first. We typically do 10/1 132 over stock so we made this work first, we have tooling coming for stock Tb as we had to nail down the airbox and filter position. To optimize flow we played with inlet position multiple times so it was the last part to be frozen.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I bought my car in April, still sitting in OH waiting for parts to complete. I email every two weeks getting the same answer. I specifically bought promised a May 15- June 1st delivery because summer is short here in WI. I have a VIN, made a payment once already, put $10k down and watch Camaros and Corvettes pass me everyday while I wait, losing more confidence every day. Fucking sucks.
Mfg’ing can take time, nothing we can do about it. I can tell you we have not held back in any way. We have a massive amount of orders and are now fulfilling them. We appreciate the patience all have shown.
Sponsored