Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

300blackout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
AMG GTS
Is lemon law based on where the owner lives or where the vehicle (State) the vehicle was purchased from?

I know CA has consumer friendly lemon laws. If however the consumer purchased the vehicle outside of California and brings it back and register it in California, would California lemon law apply?

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
Is lemon law based on where the owner lives or where the vehicle (State) the vehicle was purchased from?

I know CA has consumer friendly lemon laws. If however the consumer purchased the vehicle outside of California and brings it back and register it in California, would California lemon law apply?
The lemon law applies to the state of ownership. I purchased mine in Virginia but live in Maryland, so I went by Maryland's Lemon Law guidelines. Your grievance, if you file, is with FOMOCO not the dealership you purchased from. Ultimately though, I had to go through the dealer I purchased it from to complete the transfer. it was a HUGE p.i.t.a. and took several months of headaches and shady corporate tactics, but eventually I got what I was owed. You just need to be persistent and don't back down on what the law states.

OP
OP
S550VIN54

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Number 8 on the list "Relak" Lol, but ya, chunks of metal found in oil. Replaced motor at 7k miles, fought with Ford to get it bought back, ended up getting a replacement vehicle in Oct. 2017.

I dont think it has anything to do with the builders but everything to do with the Oil Pump Gears. Ford likely doesn't want people knowing so they don't have to recall and replace EVERY engine from 2015-2017. I think they're hoping some engines make it past 36K miles and then it's on the owner to foot the $30k for a new engine replacement. Just glad I got the 7yr/100k factory warranty so I don't have to worry about that on the back end.
I think you meant 5yr/60k. :)

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you meant 5yr/60k. :)
Nope, got 7yr/100K ESP and 3yr/36k maintenance plan :) Usually a waste of money if you don't keep the car for a long time (I rarely do) but with these rides needing new engines, I'm glad I have it. Also gets me a loaner vehicle when I go in for warranty service which is sadly not available on the basic factory warranty from Ford. Miss having that as a luxury with BMW/Audi.

OP
OP
S550VIN54

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Nope, got 7yr/100K ESP and 3yr/36k maintenance plan :) Usually a waste of money if you don't keep the car for a long time (I rarely do) but with these rides needing new engines, I'm glad I have it. Also gets me a loaner vehicle when I go in for warranty service which is sadly not available on the basic factory warranty from Ford. Miss having that as a luxury with BMW/Audi.
Understand. I was meaning that Ford will have to longer than the 36k. Powertrain warranty is 5/60k

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Ok. I’ll check the door jam sticker when I get home this evening. Original motor had 1,830 miles on it when it gave out.
Why not just get an Oasis Report from your dealership which will indicate when your car was built by day, month and year and when the warranty starts and ends along with any warranty work that may have been done on your car since your ownership.

:shrug:

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
Why not just get an Oasis Report from your dealership which will indicate when your car was built by day, month and year and when the warranty starts and ends along with any warranty work that may have been done on your car since your ownership.

:shrug:
I may do just that. I need to drop by anyway and see if they will help me out on an extended warranty since the engine went out so early.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Number 8 on the list "Relak" Lol, but ya, chunks of metal found in oil. Replaced motor at 7k miles, fought with Ford to get it bought back, ended up getting a replacement vehicle in Oct. 2017.

I dont think it has anything to do with the builders but everything to do with the Oil Pump Gears. Ford likely doesn't want people knowing so they don't have to recall and replace EVERY engine from 2015-2017. I think they're hoping some engines make it past 36K miles and then it's on the owner to foot the $30k for a new engine replacement. Just glad I got the 7yr/100k factory warranty so I don't have to worry about that on the back end.

Thats exactly what they are doing. They did the same exact crap with the Fiesta/Focus "powershift" transmission. I bought a new 2012 Focus for a daily and the thing was having problems from the start, Everytime i brought it in, Ford would be like "thats normal, Thats how its suppose to operate, Its a automated manual transmission" and flat out refuse to work on it. After a few years, The problem had become a big enough deal that Ford HAD to recall it and extend the warranty on the transmission to 100k miles to try and save ground after the first 2 years of them basically telling me to pound sand and get over it.

http://fordfocuspowershiftautomatictransmissionproblems.com/

After that whole crap show, I see the same pattern here with the GT350 all over again.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Oil pump gears seem a logical conclusion but there's no one here who can prove if the oil pump failed first or debris was sent through a high-tolerance oil pump, breaking it.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Ford powertrain warranty is 5yr/60,000 which ever first and that would cover a blown engine.

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)