2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
you must have one of the first in the country. My dealership isn't expecting one for another month (well march)
This is what happened last time...

Dealership: "we don't know when it will arrive. Should be in the next few weeks, perhaps a could of months away. We'll keep you updated"

Dealership (next day): "Oh, it just turned up!"

Me: :doh:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This is what happened last time...

Dealership: "we don't know when it will arrive. Should be in the next few weeks, perhaps a could of months away. We'll keep you updated"

Dealership (next day): "Oh, it just turned up!"

Me: :doh:
My dealership gave up with tracking mine, I was updating them on where it was, infact, it got to a point when it was leaving zeebrugge that we were "racing" to see who updated who first for when it'd landed in so'ton. I beat my dealer to it (But admittedly, she showed me I was pencilled in her diary for a call at 1 (it was like 10:30 when I called lol). She did call me the next day saying that they were working on prioritisation, and on Monday it'd been prioritised, Wednesday in the dealers, Thursday pdi, Friday prep and inspection, Saturday pickup :headbang::headbang:. 2 years' coming up, infact my car has been alive 2 years now, mine you, for my cars 2 year anniversary I gave it butt implants with a nice new diffuser :p

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Yeah the UK orange fury that has landed looks flipping amazing even with its orange roof and mirrors, its a silly good colour and when you add some black like some US owners have done they look amazing.

Also S650 or whatever it will be called will has being re-activated is the rumour but for 2024-2026 which makes more sense as S197 lasted 9 years, so it kind of made no sense why the S550 would only last 5 years as the product cycles are normally around ten years for the chassis types.

I suspect in 2021 S550 will get a major overhaul like the S197 did just a few years before its demise when the super powerful 6l Shelby's came about with 660+ horsepower stock, those were proper rapid. So suspect in 2021 we might see some form of hybrid S550 or an even more crazy and powerful Shelby, maybe a KR.

activeuk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Any were in the midlands to go and see a 2018 in orange fury thats what i have orderd but still not sure of the color i want to see one in the flesh

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any were in the midlands to go and see a 2018 in orange fury thats what i have orderd but still not sure of the color i want to see one in the flesh
Few knocking around in US, its a stunning colour in both sun and shade. One of my all time favourites. :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I suspect in 2021 S550 will get a major overhaul like the S197 did just a few years before its demise when the super powerful 6l Shelby's came about with 660+ horsepower stock, those were proper rapid. So suspect in 2021 we might see some form of hybrid S550 or an even more crazy and powerful Shelby, maybe a KR.
Looking at borg warner and Fords new partnership with the ebooster turbo driven thingy. It wouldn't surprise me to see them chucking an eboosted turbo on cars. (it turned a stock EBM to 400WHP, with 0 turbo lag)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at borg warner and Fords new partnership with the ebooster turbo driven thingy. It wouldn't surprise me to see them chucking an eboosted turbo on cars. (it turned a stock EBM to 400WHP, with 0 turbo lag)
All turbo's have lag no matter how much they say it does not.

Porsche claimed no lag and many reviews on the brand new 911's, I drove them all at Leipzig, they had lag. Though minimal anyone used to a responsive NA engine notices it immediately.

What Porsche have achieve though is they will pull quite eager to the 7500rpm fuel cut which for a factory tuned car was impressive.

Still give me NA all day, every day its nice to have instant response and power at any RPM that keeps building in a linear fashion with RPM, something turbo's don't do but are getting better and better as the technology evolves.

Compared to the old Sapphire Cossie days, modern day turbo's are a huge improvement, though far less scary than they once were. :D

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
6 week manufacture to delivery is exceptional.

Thats faster than our MINI that only had to go from Oxford to NL.

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Excellent news. When are you able to pick it up?

Now just need my dealer to tell me mine is in also.

Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Arranged for march 1st
The spoiler is still an issue.It will be available but they are unsure when it can be ordred as a seperate piece.
I might do what i did last time and fit the trac pack spoiler.
The holes will be the same for the 18 spoiler anyway,if i decide to get it.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
All turbo's have lag no matter how much they say it does not.

Porsche claimed no lag and many reviews on the brand new 911's, I drove them all at Leipzig, they had lag. Though minimal anyone used to a responsive NA engine notices it immediately.

What Porsche have achieve though is they will pull quite eager to the 7500rpm fuel cut which for a factory tuned car was impressive.

Still give me NA all day, every day its nice to have instant response and power at any RPM that keeps building in a linear fashion with RPM, something turbo's don't do but are getting better and better as the technology evolves.

Compared to the old Sapphire Cossie days, modern day turbo's are a huge improvement, though far less scary than they once were. :D
You've not looked into what the ebooster is then have you. It'll probably have very very minor lag, but it'll essentially (In the example they show) spool the turbo to 7psi through an electric lit-ion battery powered compressor which shoot through the intake into the turbski, and then once the turbski hits 7psi, it'll stop the ebooster and it'll regenerate through braking etc.

It's worth a watch, it's going to be in the new mercs etc, probably not the topic for it, but there's some discussions over in the I4 tech sub forums which is worth a look.

[MENTION=16001]avocet[/MENTION] if you're getting rid of one of your stangs with the trakpak on, just swap the boot lid and decklids over, they're the same. Save you drilling into another one.

activeuk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Really feel like i'm been messd about now was told my build date was feb 14th never given a vin number now my guy at ford as just phone and says he as a vin number but car will not be built now till some time in april really feel like just getting some thing else at the very least going to another ford

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
How could you have a build date in February,then its changed to April.Unless you've changed your order it doesn't make sense.I think they've messed up.My experience has been very good,ordered beginning of November,built Jan 4th,in the UK the last couple of days.If i had wanted the recaro's or built with the spoiler then it would have been delayed.I would consider going with another dealership,but you don't want to jump from the frying pan into the fire.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
You've not looked into what the ebooster is then have you. It'll probably have very very minor lag, but it'll essentially (In the example they show) spool the turbo to 7psi through an electric lit-ion battery powered compressor which shoot through the intake into the turbski, and then once the turbski hits 7psi, it'll stop the ebooster and it'll regenerate through braking etc.

It's worth a watch, it's going to be in the new mercs etc, probably not the topic for it, but there's some discussions over in the I4 tech sub forums which is worth a look.

[MENTION=16001]avocet[/MENTION] if you're getting rid of one of your stangs with the trakpak on, just swap the boot lid and decklids over, they're the same. Save you drilling into another one.
My dad has had one for a few years now. Very impressive bit of kit. Spools up instantly and chucks out huge amounts of air. Brushless motors and Lithium ion has come a long way recently
Sponsored