Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
DRLs are in the European market.
The US-spec cars have no dedicated DRL, and the EU cars don't have gills.
Haha! Used to be true. Now almost every owner of a European Mustang has those tribars installed and they work both as DRLs and parking lights.
Sponsored

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
They are on FET transistors in the BCM, so something is telling them when to switch on. Could be something simple or maybe there's logic to it. Dunno, not adept in snooping around in the BCM.

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
I think I'm getting it now.

So, to "unplug" the tri-bars, that means pull the 5A fuse at location 68?

If so, then I have to cut the Gray/Violet wire at pin 3 to add a relay.

39390621865_884476cd5a_h.jpg

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
pulling fuse 68 should kill it all... That's what wakes the headlamp assembly to accept inputs from the BCM, BJB, and tail lamp circuit.

Tapping into that GY/VT wire will get you low amp power in start or run... maybe enough to run accent lighting if they are LEDs... you'll still likely have to do some (un)soldering to disconnect the gills as they are part of the headlamp assembly.

These are not "dumb" headlamps like an old sealed beam. Each one has a processing circuit reading input signals and following code based on the inputs... for instance, when you switch to high-beams the signal from the BCM tells the headlamp assembly that the high-beams have been selected. The headlamp assembly then alters its own state to comply with the request.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
If it is a fake ACM generated one...

(ACM)
727-01-01 xxxx xXxx xxxx

Change that value at X... it is probably currently an A or 2 (or whatever value). Subtract 2 from it... If it is an A make it a 8, if it is an 2 make it a 0, etc...

Fake Engine Sound should go away pending it is a digital version of it and not physical tubes on your engine heading to the interior.
It seems that this is not correct. In my case it worked because I had an 8 at that position, but it might not work for everybody. It depends on what the value at X is and has to do with converting hex to bin. Unfortunately I cannot explain, because I don’t understand the math behind it.

Go to the following thread, post# 39 onwards, or member [MENTION=30915]DukeGaGa[/MENTION] can chime in here to explain.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98260&page=3

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
It seems that this is not correct. In my case it worked because I had an 8 at that position, but it might not work for everybody. It depends on what the value at X is and has to do with converting hex to bin. Unfortunately I cannot explain, because I don’t understand the math behind it.

Go to the following thread, post# 39 onwards, or member [MENTION=30915]DukeGaGa[/MENTION] can chime in here to explain.

You need to make bit at position 2 zero. Each X is really 4 bits represented as a hex number from 0 to F. To figure out what you need in that position, take whatever the value is there and AND it with D so:
new value = old value AND D
find a hex calculator online to do this for you. If the result is the same as the initial value then your fake sound was already disabled.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
To explain that a bit more in depth...

D = 1101 in base 2.

in logic:
1 AND 1 = 1
0 AND 1 = 0

which retains any old value in the nibble.

likewise:
1 AND 0 = 0
0 AND 0 = 0

which will turn any bit to logic-low.

So lets say you have an A in that particular nibble. (A = 1010)

A & D

1000 base 2 = 8 base 16. (0b1000 == 0x8)

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP

Thanks for linking this thread, forgot to subscribe to it and can't find it anymore. Also, I think [MENTION=11222]leszek[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22579]TexasRebel[/MENTION] explained it really well, don't think I can do any better than that.

Also on a side note, I'm trying to find if there's a place where we can modify and enable digital tachometer for 2018 automatics, and enable current gear number for 2018 manual (https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98033). Basically it looks like automatics (at least some) don't have the option "Digital Tach" in their settings, and manuals who has that option if disabled will just show blank instead of the current gear you are in like the automatics.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Thanks for linking this thread, forgot to subscribe to it and can't find it anymore. Also, I think [MENTION=11222]leszek[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22579]TexasRebel[/MENTION] explained it really well, don't think I can do any better than that.

Also on a side note, I'm trying to find if there's a place where we can modify and enable digital tachometer for 2018 automatics, and enable current gear number for 2018 manual (https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98033). Basically it looks like automatics (at least some) don't have the option "Digital Tach" in their settings, and manuals who has that option if disabled will just show blank instead of the current gear you are in like the automatics.
The manuals don't know what gear they are in... except reverse.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
The manuals don't know what gear they are in... except reverse.
Oh well, figured as much. Though it's kind of stupid tbh, test drove quite a few manual cars since 2015 and all of them has gear indication, and if I remember correctly the gates has sensors otherwise the downshift auto blips in some of the tunes won't be available, but looks like they're using some other way to make it happen.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Oh well, figured as much. Though it's kind of stupid tbh, test drove quite a few manual cars since 2015 and all of them has gear indication, and if I remember correctly the gates has sensors otherwise the downshift auto blips in some of the tunes won't be available, but looks like they're using some other way to make it happen.
If it's anything like Harley Davidson, it's a calculated guess based on RPM and MPH.

I verified this in a parking lot once... I got rolling slowly and let my clutch slip a lot in 3rd, but could make the indicator display 1st or 2nd by just varying the slip/RPM.

For the automatics, the transmission is told which gear to use by the same computer controlling the instrument cluster.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
What code do you have to change to enable nav on a 15 gt non nav my ford touch car. I already got the card

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3