Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Wow, it's pretty hilarious that Ford is still trying to keep a lid on this. Clearly the Bullitt has been confirmed for quite some time now with various pictures. Ford isn't surprising anybody, as much as they'd like to. It's just the reality of modern times with the internet and everyone having a camera in their pocket.

Depending on who you ask, the official reveal is only either 5 or 6 days away...Why not ride the buzz of free publicity to get people hyped for the debut? Instead, they probably yelled at someone at Barrett-Jackson to delete the Boys Republic info.

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Wow, it's pretty hilarious that Ford is still trying to keep a lid on this. Clearly the Bullitt has been confirmed for quite some time now with various pictures. Ford isn't surprising anybody, as much as they'd like to. It's just the reality of modern times with the internet and everyone having a camera in their pocket.

Depending on who you ask, the official reveal is only either 5 or 6 days away...Why not ride the buzz of free publicity to get people hyped for the debut? Instead, they probably yelled at someone at Barrett-Jackson to delete the Boys Republic info.
you know Ford, getting beat in marketing by Dodge since '60

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
you know Ford, getting beat in marketing by Dodge since '60
Dodge and just about everybody else. Every other car company that has a press conference or debut at Detroit next week has already put out some type of cool teaser. What has Ford put out so far? As of this morning, the engine details for the new F-150 diesel...

Maybe they're trying to keep the crowd small for their press conference? :lol:

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Who needs to advertise with the Mustang sales numbers in this gen? I believe the Bullitt getting sold out is a foregone conclusion.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Who needs to advertise with the Mustang sales numbers in this gen? I believe the Bullitt getting sold out is a foregone conclusion.
Depends how many Bullitts they make. The last one was a sales failure in a way since they planned to build more but stopped early because of slow demand and even that amount had to spill over to the 2009 model year. Given this past failure, I'd think they'd be trying to drum up excitement for the new Bullitt. Most outside of the fanatical few don't see all the fuss in a debadged dark green Mustang. This is why I'm confused by Ford being a buzzkill about a car that needs all the buzz it can get.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I used to do IT for the company that did all of GM's advertising and marketing. We even had a whole office in their building for it. Makes me wonder who is on the team now with the ads they have had lately RE the Anti-Aluminum and "real people" adverts.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
When Iacocca left Ford...that ended their peak in marketing.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I used to do IT for the company that did all of GM's advertising and marketing. We even had a whole office in their building for it. Makes me wonder who is on the team now with the ads they have had lately RE the Anti-Aluminum and "real people" adverts.
Their real people ads are fucking cringeworthy.

Sponsored

Bullitt3383

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang Bullitt
Depends how many Bullitts they make. The last one was a sales failure in a way since they planned to build more but stopped early because of slow demand and even that amount had to spill over to the 2009 model year. Given this past failure, I'd think they'd be trying to drum up excitement for the new Bullitt. Most outside of the fanatical few don't see all the fuss in a debadged dark green Mustang. This is why I'm confused by Ford being a buzzkill about a car that needs all the buzz it can get.
Actually the main reason the 08 did not do as well was due to when they released the car. 2008 was the start of the recession and no car maker was doing well. In fact the 2001 was also released in a down market.

Conversely The 2003/2004 mach 1 had very little marketing and did very well.

They may do things differently for the 50th but they will most likely not have a huge marketing budget for a niche car. Also I will be surprised if they only make green Bullitts..

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Actually the main reason the 08 did not do as well was due to when they released the car. 2008 was the start of the recession and no car maker was doing well. In fact the 2001 was also released in a down market.

Conversely The 2003/2004 mach 1 had very little marketing and did very well.

They may do things differently for the 50th but they will most likely not have a huge marketing budget for a niche car. Also I will be surprised if they only make green Bullitts..
Understandable, but they don't need a huge marketing budget to build hype. It looks like they'll spend money on whatever commercial shoot they were doing in Chicago when the car was spied. My point is they're shooting down all the free publicity. TopNotch photoshopped a recent "teaser" which could pass for an official Ford teaser. It's not hard to add a little excitement leading up to a reveal. I'm not privy to what goes on at Ford Marketing so I don't know the constraints they have, but the build-up to this car has been entirely community driven. The complete silence from Ford has just been pretty disappointing honestly. But hey, I'm just glad they're making it and the wait is almost over.
Sponsored