stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
AUTOMATIC????? WHYYY!!
Because most people who remember or care much about a Bullitt have already had at least one knee replacement? I haven't had a knee replacement but otherwise, I'm in that group, :)

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
It looks like they're starting to set up the Ford display in Cobo hall according to a new post on ponysite.de Bullitt section. They're speculating that there will be a VR rig setup for a virtual Bullitt chase ride...:eyebulge:

Does anyone know where to find the live stream of them setting up NAIAS like last year? Maybe something will slip there as they're setting up displays and bringing cars in...

Edit: T5owner beat me to it haha.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
You're not going to get much sleep between now and when the show opens, are you, Matt? :p

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
You're not going to get much sleep between now and when the show opens, are you, Matt? :p
He's probably hitting refresh on every possible leak site he knows.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
He's probably hitting refresh on every possible leak site he knows.
Haha nah, I've been waiting years for this and the wait is almost over. The next two and a half weeks will fly by.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
From the above link...

Sawing. Drilling. Painting. Union laborers are building the exhibits or displays for automotive manufacturers for the 2018 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) inside Detroit’s Cobo Center.
My apologies but as someone who spent 30 yrs as a skilled tradesman (union carpenter and millwright) I cringe when I see things like this. Union laborers will be sweeping the floors. Union carpenters, electricians and painters will perform the bulk of the work. All in all, union labor will get the job done and most there (I assume) will respect jurisdiction meaning that each trade will perform it's own respective work. That said, let's get on with the show!

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Not quite sure who came up with the idea of a green Shelby lookalike in the simulator.
At first I thought maybe a licensing issue but with all the scenes from the movie included that shouldn't be an issue. I'm guessing a game coder (who has NO clue as to 60's cars) somewhere got the message of cool green mustang and just did a green Gone in 60 Seconds Shelby. Kinda screws up the whole concept from the old school perspective.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'm pretty sure the linked video isn't what they're actually going to use, that's just something made last year by a random gamer. I think T5 just posted that to give an idea of what Ford will be going for.