Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Shit, beat me to it.

But looks like the renders are accurate... this thing ain't gonna be a looker, so it better be a performer

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
2020. :lol:

The reason I laugh is the amount of time some people eagerly awaited for this thing. Five damn years.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
2020. :lol:

The reason I laugh is the amount of time some people eagerly awaited for this thing. Five damn years.
You mean 2019?

Sponsored

HunteDs5

HunterDs5
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus Estate 1.8 TDCI 116 cv
Hi everyone. This morning I commented the GT500 teaser picture on Billy Johnson Instagram account. He wrote that he's been involved with the creation of it. Billy Johnson is a Ford Performance driver (GT LMPro/Mustang GT4), that has been involved with the creation of the Ford GT, for everyone who doesn't know him. This makes me think that the new GT500, probably, would be track oriented rather than a drag monster. Ford would have called someone else on the inside if the target was the drag strip. What do you think about it?
Screenshot (16 Mar 2018 12_08_00).jpg

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone. This morning I commented the GT500 teaser picture on Billy Johnson Instagram account. He wrote that he's been involved with the creation of it. Billy Johnson is a Ford Performance driver (GT LMPro/Mustang GT4), that has been involved with the creation of the Ford GT, for everyone who doesn't know him. This makes me think that the new GT500, probably, would be track oriented rather than a drag monster. Ford would have called someone else on the inside if the target was the drag strip. What do you think about it?
He’s on these forums, too

We’ve been saying for a while, this car isn’t going to be going after hellcats and demons (although it might still be faster, who knows), but rather the ZL1/ZL1 1LE. With the size of the rear wing on it, there’s no way that it won’t be track oriented. Of course, some wingless prototypes have been spotted driving around, which leads many to think there will be a “drag pack”, however I personally think that’s just the base package, with an R model (maybe KR?) being the bewinged track monster

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Of course, some wingless prototypes have been spotted driving around, which leads many to think there will be a “drag pack”, however I personally think that’s just the base package, with an R model (maybe KR?) being the bewinged track monster
I agree with this

HunteDs5

HunterDs5
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus Estate 1.8 TDCI 116 cv

We’ve been saying for a while, this car isn’t going to be going after hellcats and demons (although it might still be faster, who knows), but rather the ZL1/ZL1 1LE. With the size of the rear wing on it, there’s no way that it won’t be track oriented. Of course, some wingless prototypes have been spotted driving around, which leads many to think there will be a “drag pack”, however I personally think that’s just the base package, with an R model (maybe KR?) being the bewinged track monster
I know. I forgot to say that, given his post, it could be the definitive proof the GT500 will be more track oriented than drag car.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The GT500 will race in a series...

Just like the GT350 and the FORD GT, or the Raptor. FORD PERFORMANCE is a race what you sell, sell what you race... Division of Ford Motor Co.

FWIW, Dragging cars is a hobby, not a sport. (That is why they forgo fundamental aspects of driving & use parachutes not brembos to stop, etc)

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
FWIW, Dragging cars is a hobby, not a sport. (That is why they forgo fundamental aspects of driving & use parachutes not brembos to stop, etc)
Lighten up. Its one of the few sports ADD suffers can enjoy.

Personally, I like pleasurable things to last longer. So I didn't fit in with the drag crowd. I kept looking for ways to make my car slower.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Hybrid composite instrument panel

Attachments

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hybrid composite instrument panel
Wow!

Screams of carbon fiber weight savings to me. This, combined with other weight cutting measures means that they are seriously working towards significant weight reduction. Maybe that sub 4K car may happen