Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Well that'll be hard since there's only like 3300 demons. Also dodge is now releasing a hellcat with the fender flares to fit 305 width tires all the way around. Dodge says a .3 decrease on 0-60 and 1/4 and a lateral G of .97. Might be the better option and save you thousands.
Perhaps. But it will still lack in comparison.

I'm just saying if you're going to step up to that power level, step all the way up.

If you really want one, you can get it.
Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I agree, i don't think it will be much more than the zl1. Only way I see it being much more, if it has twins, more carbon fiber where it benefits, like drive shaft etc.
I'll guess with a 5.2 SC and DCT somewhere around 70k to start, to around 78k.
If ford goes all out on it with TT then 85k area.
If this thing turns out to be epic, I could see ford charging quite a bit more than the zl1. It's gotta blow it away tho to be able to get away with charging much more.
Still gonna say a track pack and a drag pack will be offered.
Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Been waiting for this darn thing for a few years now.
Mach, I totally agree with you. The only way I see MSRP getting that high is if there's TTs and more carbon. It's the reason I could see 2 SE mustangs, 1 SC competing price right against the ZL1 and sharing some parts with the 2nd. But the 2nd car having TTs and much more carbon, taking the car to the next level. I think they could totally sell both simultaneously with much success.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I no longer see the utility of CF wheels when forged aluminum wheels are now getting down to those weights at a fourth of the cost.
So the R wheels are $9882 for a set of 4. Can you really get a set of forged aluminum wheels that are the same weight for less than $2500?

Here are the GT350 R wheel part numbers.
FR3Z-1007-R Front 19*11 et 24
MSRP $4,174.93 @ Autonation $2,675.20
FR3Z-1007-S Rear 19*11.5 et 56
MSRP $3536.33 @ Autonation $2,266.0

A link to their website:
http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
So the R wheels are $9882 for a set of 4. Can you really get a set of forged aluminum wheels that are the same weight for less than $2500?

A link to their website:
No, not really... I guess my figurative speech is taken too literally around here.

While CF does have its benefits, it also has its limitations. The 350R was an exercise of techno that is rarely seen in the sub-$100k realm and I applaud Ford for doing such an exercise as it forced a lot of wheel manufacturers to up the ante in weight savings on wheelswhile not sacrificing durability. That, in turn, has led to Al wheels that are stronger, lighter and cheaper to produce on a mass scale.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06

A link to their website:
That's the cheapest I've seen R wheels. With how much Ford has invested in aluminum though I'd think they could produce them for much less then CF.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm thinking without a doubt it won't come in C.F.
Think gt4 forge line type rig.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Out of curiosity anyone know the weight of the R wheels? I'm curious due to the 17 to 18 lbs wheels that forge line made. I want to see how they compare. Interesting to see what ford will use in the future. I for one can't wait. Think about it. In 10 to 20 years carbon fiber mustangs might be as common as aluminum f150's

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Out of curiosity anyone know the weight of the R wheels? I'm curious due to the 17 to 18 lbs wheels that forge line made. I want to see how they compare. Interesting to see what ford will use in the future. I for one can't wait. Think about it. In 10 to 20 years carbon fiber mustangs might be as common as aluminum f150's
The R wheels are 18lbs.

No forgeline the same size are 17-18. I believe the lightest with the hollowed out vented lug section is 19.75lbs if I remember.

Now that said, I like what was said up top. Nobody really answered me but if the new car comes with forged wheels, and put some budget into carbon composite control arms front and back and the total unsprung weight will be reduced.

I believe carbon rotors could be used to save another 12-15 lbs a side, at least in the front. Thing should turn in quite quickly.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Only half the weight of a shock or control arm is unsprung. Short of F1 cars, almost nothing uses composite control arms. Due to the DBJ front suspension, there aren't huge gains by even going to aluminum arms. Carbon rotors on a GT350 size rotor will be much greater than 15lb savings per corner.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Only half the weight of a shock or control arm is unsprung. Short of F1 cars, almost nothing uses composite control arms. Due to the DBJ front suspension, there aren't huge gains by even going to aluminum arms. Carbon rotors on a GT350 size rotor will be much greater than 15lb savings per corner.
Yeah it's a proportion of unsprung-sprung. 50% is a good guess.

That said for the price a carbon composite piece shouldnt be super expensive.

There's a thread in the GT350 section about carbon ceramic fronts and they saved ~ 15lbs a side front if I recall. Maybe more.

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I have already been bracing for that price range! If we are indeed looking at carbon fiber wheels, DCT, and twins, 90-100k is very very possible! I'm ok with that if those items are in play.
Definitely will be too rich for "me" blood, but I will at least be able to be a cheerleader of this next SE Mustang. I remember all of the Camaro guys were butt-sore when Ford released the 13/14 GT500...I see the same thing happening this go round when this SE hits the streets :lol::headbang:

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I still believe that the carbon technology from th GT will trickle down to the SE. All money and time that went into the tech of that car should show up in the next SE! Ford has invested tons in carbon fiber bet your bottom it not just for a couple hundred specialty cars!
At least that's what I hope??

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I still believe that the carbon technology from th GT will trickle down to the SE. All money and time that went into the tech of that car should show up in the next SE! Ford has invested tons in carbon fiber bet your bottom it not just for a couple hundred specialty cars!
At least that's what I hope??
If the time is right we'll see it.

Take the Lexus LFA as example. Toyota was going to use (still might) the lessons learned and tech development to trickle down to its road cars.

That was 2010-2012.

The production ready car was unveiled mid year 2009.

Still haven't seen anything in passenger cars that I know of. Not even the LC500

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
They say the DCT is really smooth when shifting, not jolty. I think it's going to be a beefed up 7DCL750 that is used in the GT. It has a 550 lb feet of torque rating but what I've googled a lot of guys run 1000 NM which is around 750 Lb T. I'll guess that the new SE will be in the 700lb feet area. That's one large jump from the one that's in the GT.
I don't mind the DCT as an option but add the normal automatic too. I plan to build my car for 1000+Whp and the DCT needs north of $10k to modify it to handle that power. DCT is best offered in the top of the line GT500 and not in the GT.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
No, not really... I guess my figurative speech is taken too literally around here.

While CF does have its benefits, it also has its limitations. The 350R was an exercise of techno that is rarely seen in the sub-$100k realm and I applaud Ford for doing such an exercise as it forced a lot of wheel manufacturers to up the ante in weight savings on wheelswhile not sacrificing durability. That, in turn, has led to Al wheels that are stronger, lighter and cheaper to produce on a mass scale.
DrumReaper said:
I no longer see the utility of CF wheels when forged aluminum wheels are now getting down to those weights at a fourth of the cost.
Huh, I guess it was my mistake in interpretting your post to mean that you could get aluminum forged wheels for 1/4 the cost of the R wheels then.

So what is the real number for the price of aluminum forged wheels that are a similar weight to the R wheels? Is there even such a thing? I'm guessing if you find some that are a similar weight they will actually cost more than the R wheels.
Sponsored