2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Ford will not put drag tires on this car. Similar to Sport Cup 2 for sure.
Was thinking for sure not on the first one but maybe on the ‘21.
Was hoping for a mp4s for this next one just so they last a while. There’s gonna be a lot of rubber burning.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Was hoping for a mp4s for this next one just so they last a while. There’s gonna be a lot of rubber burning.
Nah. Dodge has cemented their place as the straight-line only guys. Ford isn't interested in that really.

Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Without all the planets aligning there's no way the Demon can get a low 10.

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
I just want some legitimate teasers already.. 10 seconds of exhaust note.. flash of a body panel.. hell anything. It is December now after all...

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
ya, it could be an option. I usually just buy a second set of wheels and tires. SC2 for track/strip days and MPSS (now I would use MP4S) for normal street use. I hope this is all legit! 3850 pounds, around 750-800 hp and a dct! mid 10's out of the box (on street tires) would be crazy. They aren't expecting much better for the ZR1. I'm extremely interested in how they plan on putting this power down, it's all great if you can put most of it down! I think Bmac knows but won't/can't release that info.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
:cheers:I was going to post a recap of the last 10 days on this subject then I realized 3 years ago every little ounce of what it may or WILL be is worth the wait.:cheers::ford:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Doesn’t sound like much of a vaca, but a little better if you had a lot of help.
At the very least, from Jim, Jack, or Jose.
Hope you are liking the new place!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn’t sound like much of a vaca, but a little better if you had a lot of help.
At the very least, from Jim, Jack, or Jose.
Hope you are liking the new place!
Yeah we definitely had some help. It's very nice so far. Room to actually work on the car too :D

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yeah we definitely had some help. It's very nice so far. Room to actually work on the car too :D
Good deal, it’s awesome to have the space, makes it way more enjoyable to own a fun car, glad your liking it. Hope things continue to be successful there B.

I'm extremely interested in how they plan on putting this power down, it's all great if you can put most of it down!
I’m not sure but don't believe there will be anything too dramatic, thinking mostly improvements to traction control with the auto transmission. The magnaride has proven to be an awesome addition to these cars and really hope that there is a mode that makes the suspension very soft to aid in acceleration on the street.

If it’s gonna be more of a track car, will carbon fiber wheels be an option or standard, carbon composite springs, probably a carbon fiber drive shaft, cup2 equivalents.
Anything else you guys think we’ll see for weight reduction?

Last edited:

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Good deal, it’s awesome to have the space, makes it way more enjoyable to own a fun car, glad your liking it. Hope things continue to be successful there B.
I’m not sure but don't believe there will be anything too dramatic, thinking mostly improvements to traction control with the auto transmission. The magnaride has proven to be an awesome addition to these cars and really hope that there is a mode that makes the suspension very soft to aid in acceleration on the street.

If it’s gonna be more of a track car, will carbon fiber wheels be an option or standard, carbon composite springs, probably a carbon fiber drive shaft, cup2 equivalents.
Anything else you guys think we’ll see for weight reduction?
Well if they don’t do something it’ll be a ZL1 on roids mixed with a HC and on street tires won’t run lower then 10.5 I don’t think. Just an auto trans doesn’t solve all traction issues. I hope they have something that proves to help put power down.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
We've seen a trend from SVT/Ford Performance; they do come up with unique, outside-the-square, features and improvements.
Both GTs were awesome.
Trinity was and still is a sledgehammer. That engine in today's chassis would give the competition some headaches.
Then they broke the internet with Voodoo, and that is "only" the GT350.

"It has good bones". Think CPC voodoo pushing 8000rpm with direct injection. You won't need much boost to get to 800hp. What this means is there are many revs to play with, not snappy. Just a nice linear power curve that is easy manage.
Sponsored