Cleaning OEM Air Filter

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Curious as to how y'all are cleaning your OEM air filters. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Blow air through it. If it is very dirty, then replace it.
Hum even K&N tells you noy used Compressed air on there air filter, cleaning them, let alone Compressed air on a the OEM paper air filter! It up to you on this one, on the OMM filters just replace it, they are only around $19.00 and some change, at my Ford dealer. Hope this helps you! :cheers: John

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Hum even K&N tells you noy used Compressed air on there air filter, cleaning them, let alone Compressed air on a the OEM paper air filter! It up to you on this one, on the OMM filters just replace it, they are only around $19.00 and some change, at my Ford dealer. Hope this helps you! :cheers: John
The OEM filter will not be damaged by shop air unless you use vary high pressure and small surface area. But as already mentioned, if it is really dirty just replace it or upgrade.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
The OEM filter will not be damaged by shop air unless you use vary high pressure and small surface area. But as already mentioned, if it is really dirty just replace it or upgrade.
Ok thanks, I have never uses Compressed air on paper air filters, I have taped them on something to knock out the stuff in them, and have put them back in the car. It does not take much Compression air to ruin a paper air filter. No offense to anyone, but it's your OEM air filter. :thumbsup: :cheers: John

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
As soon as i got the car i replaced the OEM air filter with a blue Airraid unit.

Should last for quite some time.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I've literally cleaned hundreds of paper filters with shop air. It's not like they are made of tissue paper. It's actually the recommended way of cleaning them out.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
What upgrades are available?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would replace it rather than being cheap about it. I wouldn't even blow out my lawn mower's air filter with compressed air. I just buy a few extras and keep them around. I guess if you're only planning on keeping the car a couple years go ahead and blow it out. I want my engine to last a good long time with plenty of power, so I'd rather change the oil and air filter more often.

Sponsored

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
As soon as i got the car i replaced the OEM air filter with a blue Airraid unit.

Should last for quite some time.
Did you opt for the oiled or non-oiled version and any reason you went with Airaid versus the K&N unit they also offer?

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Did you opt for the oiled or non-oiled version and any reason you went with Airaid versus the K&N unit they also offer?

I opted for the non-oiled one since i didn't want to take any chances on possible oil getting inside the throttle body.

Since i have blue Boss302 valve covers, getting a blue air filter was a no brainer.
Sponsored