bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
First Sorry about your car. But as a life long racer. That’s one of the risks. I hope you took out one day insurance. The good news is some insurance company’s will cover that. You weren’t in a contest of speed. Which is how a lot of insurance term=Racing. Check your policy. Fraxum over on Camaro6 totaled his ZR1 at a track day. He wasn’t even driving the car during the crash and his insurance paid out. Get in touch with him and ask a few questions. He’s a good guy and will likely have some decent advice. Good luck.
Sponsored

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
That's not good ... broken ego to boot. Hope you are physically okay.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Glad the car kept you safe . Let me know again if we can help.

OP
OP
draconis123

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Thanks for all the tips. I had a lot of fun up until the ambulance ride. I've reached out to my insurance company and waiting to hear back. I know they might not pay out but there policy is very specific about racing or "contests of speed" but not specific to tracks. I'm aware that I might not get a payout and I'm ok with that. It was my mistake for not getting track day insurance.

I spun out and hit the passenger rear first I believe. I was going between 60-90 and the grass was wet at Summit Point so there was almost no slowing down before impact.

What's important is that I'm alright and just sore. Cars can/will be replaced. Now I need to take a look at those 2019 models. :)

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit

Sponsored

Taterbootz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP. 2014 Focus Sport SE.
Thanks for all the tips. I had a lot of fun up until the ambulance ride. I've reached out to my insurance company and waiting to hear back. I know they might not pay out but there policy is very specific about racing or "contests of speed" but not specific to tracks. I'm aware that I might not get a payout and I'm ok with that. It was my mistake for not getting track day insurance.

I spun out and hit the passenger rear first I believe. I was going between 60-90 and the grass was wet at Summit Point so there was almost no slowing down before impact.

What's important is that I'm alright and just sore. Cars can/will be replaced. Now I need to take a look at those 2019 models. :)
Next time keep your mouth shut, get towed to some road outside of the race track and say you wrecked on the road.

All Insurance is a fraud, so beat them at their own game.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Glad you are ok. Sucks for sure but hey, you did it doing what you like to do and the car can be replaced. I would recommend against committing insurance fraud.

JackBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic base GT 6SP
man that sucks, least you're ok which is the important part. cars can be replaced. live and learn.

so uhh...part out? :lol:

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
WoW

Glad your ok. I can’t afford to go to the track and or take my car out of traction control.

Sponsored

Lubner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
As long as your ok car can be replaced.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Good luck! I does suck and I hope for the best

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Looks like one hell of a hit; glad you appear to be ok. From whats in background, I assume this happened at one of the Summit Point layouts. May I ask which turn?

Rodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Wet grass will get you into the tires/wall at a pretty good clip. Glad you're OK.

There's definitely some value in having a dedicated track car. +1 on a Miata as a good learning tool, though ours has a LOT more than $1k invested... LOL

The new breed of pony cars has really upped the game (and speed) at trackdays over the last few years. The limits are best approached with great respect. Our GT hasn't been to the track yet, but when we track it in the fall, I definitely won't be pushing it as hard as I push our Miata.

Best of luck in getting your insurance to cover you.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
You are able to post about it.... all good. Hope no lingering medical issues. Health is all that matters at the end.

You destroyed that car though.
Sponsored