Sponsored

The ford performance air filter

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I strongly recommend everyone get the metal mesh blue FP filter and ditch the paper filter. The paper filter is only good for 3000-4000 miles (every oil change) when at the end of that period the bottom of the filter is literally covered in black mud. The blue filter is $79.99 (vs $23 paper) but its reusable. It also increases the throttle sensitivity especially in normal mode and makes the intake noise a bit more noticeable. Its a no brainer for $79.

The material quality is also noticeably better.
Sponsored

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
I strongly recommend everyone get the metal mesh blue FP filter and ditch the paper filter. The paper filter is only good for 3000-4000 miles (every oil change) when at the end of that period the bottom of the filter is literally covered in black mud. The blue filter is $79.99 (vs $23 paper) but its reusable. It also increases the throttle sensitivity especially in normal mode and makes the intake noise a bit more noticeable. Its a no brainer for $79.

The material quality is also noticeably better.
The blue washable airaid filter I just purchased matches that description. I believe they are one in the same?

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
Is there a need to wash, dry then re-oil the blue FP filter? I always tended to over-oil my K&N filters...

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Is there a need to wash, dry then re-oil the blue FP filter? I always tended to over-oil my K&N filters...
AiRaid makes both and oiled and oiless filter for these cars. It depends on which one you purchased. The SynthaMax is their oiless filter.

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
This is the one you'd want. As mentioned, it's a non-oiled one. It says to wash with mild detergent and air dry. I kept the OEM filter as a back-up when this one is drying.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-highflow-air-filter-1517gt350.html

It is the Airaid 863-399. In fact, mine shipped in a Ford Performance box, but had the Airaid box inside. So, whichever you can find at the lowest price would be fine.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
If this really increases throttle response and induction noise, I might consider it as well.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Guys, do NOT take this as bible but I swear my car is louder after I changed to the FP filter. :shrug:

Anyway, just MY observation and it's probably wrong...

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
If this really increases throttle response and induction noise, I might consider it as well.
Does anyone know the Micron rating for this filter... in comparison to a stock filter? I’m sure that the flow characteristics are better than the original filter. Since particle-removal filter elements are rated by the size of particles they trap, I was just wondering about the difference in Micron ratings between the two.