Sponsored

bone stock 18 11's first night out

tyguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
went out tonight in approx. 3300 da ,no wheelspin on launch or 1-2 shift ,track was like glue, had jlt intake and lund e-85 race tune, no other mods and had a best of 11.97@ 118 against a best of 11.91 @119 stock in better air, but slightly worse 60'..I had 10 more gallons of fuel than I normally carry which probably helped my 60' and hurt my e.t. still a bit disappointed, even counting for extra fuel and crappy air..logged my last run will send it in and see what's up
Next time just let me take it for a spin, ill show the ol man how its done!
Sponsored

OP
OP

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
Next time just let me take it for a spin, ill show the ol man how its done!
show me how its done? it takes YEARS of experience to write a check for a fast car,not everyone has that skill you know :)

OP
OP

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
11.66 @121 no tire not exhaust no nothing but e-85 and around 1400 da.. adjusted launch to fit the tune...need to stall HARD with the lund tune,rather than flashing up stock, and my car rattles worse than a snake...after it cooled off on my last run I broke traction on launch first time ever....hateing to go down the tire axle..suspension rabbit hole...

OP
OP

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
Back out tonight first time after installing headers, managed an 11.5? with a 1.8? 60ft, hit 122 mph ,still on stock tires,but traction is a BIG issue now can't use full throttle AT ALL in first, seconds a crapshoot, gonna cram some 305 drag radials on the stock rims to finish out the year, gonna race it Saturday if I can get em by then or not

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Did you go ?
I sent you a pm as was curious if they also did T&T on race days .
Or were you racing ?
How did you do ?

OP
OP

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
well I got the drag radials on..... absolutely no wheel spin at all even on 1-2 shift....,consistent 1.75 60 ft I did not push the launches at all because I was popping off 11.50's in a heads up 11.50 race ..get this... I ran an 11.45 on the first elimination round and lost to an 11.68 that's 500ths of a second I wish I had back..i went all out on my first test run... thought I would have gained more but I think the car won't go faster than low 11.40's pushed as hard as possible

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Nice
So what did it run on the test pass ?
11.40?

OP
OP

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
no best pass was the one I broke out on, 11.45 I never pushed anything all night because I was trying to win not set personal best...I was only stalling 800 to 1000 it has more,but I want PAID :) come out in 2 weeks either Friday or Saturday, be amazed that at a street car race I was one of 5 to 8 people that actually drove to the track

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I will .
I have been running test and tine for years but stayed away for awhile because I was convinced that I was jinxed there .
Come back on flat bed 4 out 5 outings there yet only ever once at us 41 2 hours away (Muncis is about an hour away )
I have a run a best of 10.7 there with my 18 on first return there .... and drove home ( car has since gone 10.5 .)
I was feeling confident when I returned second time .... . but then broke a CF DS..... and another $300 flat bed home .

I was there last Friday and car threw a wrench light and went limp first pass so I packed up and headed home while I could (light stayed off on restart)
I hope it’s something simple like the TPS or in the tune but it’s happened last 2 pass attempts

If the car gets sorted out and I run same tune I could run the 10.5 index .
I am hoping with the new tune Whipple promised it will 60 better and may be closer to 10.0
My drag set up alone is usually worth 0.3 ET and hoping new time is worth 0.1 to 0.2.

I already have a PBD tune I am confident will get me into the 9’s if the car is running right .

Sponsored
OP
OP

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
I think I will .
I have been running test and tine for years but stayed away for awhile because I was convinced that I was jinxed there .
Come back on flat bed 4 out 5 outings there yet only ever once at us 41 2 hours away (Muncis is about an hour away )
I have a run a best of 10.7 there with my 18 on first return there .... and drove home ( car has since gone 10.5 .)
I was feeling confident when I returned second time .... . but then broke a CF DS..... and another $300 flat bed home .

I was there last Friday and car threw a wrench light and went limp first pass so I packed up and headed home while I could (light stayed off on restart)
I hope it’s something simple like the TPS or in the tune but it’s happened last 2 pass attempts

If the car gets sorted out and I run same tune I could run the 10.5 index .
I am hoping with the new tune Whipple promised it will 60 better and may be closer to 10.0
My drag set up alone is usually worth 0.3 ET and hoping new time is worth 0.1 to 0.2.

I already have a PBD tune I am confident will get me into the 9’s if the car is running right .
I haven't raced at any other dragstrips,mainly because of work and how close Muncie is to me,but it must be stickier than most..3 or 4 guys exploded and oiled the track last night..coulda been the cool weather too..the harshness of the 1-2 shift hooking 100% has me a bit scared for my halfshafts just need to get through the last two races ..i'll pm u my phone number and just txt me if ucome and i'll save you a spot in the pits

OP
OP

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
just traction control 90% of time, advance trac doesn't kick in unless its getting major sideways which you want, rather than the wall
Sponsored