2015 Mustang GT PP

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Send me a PM if you want but I have two flood chassis in various stages of build so I can sell just the chassis or a caged chassis or a completed car, let me know if I can help.

Dave

Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
There were hundreds of them here in TX six months ago.
There where about 30 GT PP cars in the Houston area and I bought 6 of them, would have bought more but towards the end they were bringing stupid money and were not worth what they were being sold for.

The V6, EcoBoost, and Auto GTs were the most common by far of all the flood victims. There were a few GT350s but they were way over priced or I would have grabbed them as well.

Dave

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
There where about 30 GT PP cars in the Houston area and I bought 6 of them, would have bought more but towards the end they were bringing stupid money and were not worth what they were being sold for.

The V6, EcoBoost, and Auto GTs were the most common by far of all the flood victims. There were a few GT350s but they were way over priced or I would have grabbed them as well.

Dave
you must have been in absolute heaven snagging what you could on the cheap!

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
you must have been in absolute heaven snagging what you could on the cheap!
Still a lot of risk, I tried to buy what I could but I was not the only guy buying these cars, in the beginning when the inventory was high they were selling for a good value in case you got one with a wasted drive-train or wasted electronics. In the end the insurance company's were not selling them cheap and would re-run them till they sold higher, they were going for 20% less than wholesale pricing of a non-salvage car and the risk was too high. All the cars I bought were wet but most of the modules in the car still worked and I was able to get all the engines to run, trans and rear ends are all good. I do know a few guys that paid too much and did not get anything salvageable other than body and plastics all the electrical modules needed to be replaced and the engines needed more work then they were worth. They were also paying to have the repairs done and that added a great deal of expense to their projects, they could have found a used clean title 2015 GT and came out even or a little ahead. I do all my own work so I have a little better idea of what is going to be needed to get a car drivable and can control costs a little better. Others just dried out the cars and cleaned them up and are driving them on the streets today. I had a 17 with 7500 miles and a clean title that was flooded, I got that one running, put in a used interior and flipped it to a guy that is using it as his daily driver since Feb with no issues.

In the end it is still a big risk to buy a flood car unless you get them cheap enough that the mechanical value does not matter. Of the 30 I was watching only about 10 of them fell into this category the rest were 50/50 at best if it was worth the risk. I was extremely picky about what I bought and it helps that I had a man on the ground in Houston to get me additional pictures and info about the cars before they went to the auction. You can not trust anything in the auction condition report, they rarely have keys, the pictures they take are usually hiding the damage in stead of pointing it out, and the auction services have so many hidden fees you need to figure at least 10-15% over auction hammer price before you even ship it. Lots to consider in the process. I learned a lot about the salvage and insurance business in the process.

Dave

Sponsored

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Pretty good insight there. I would assume you are able to view the cars in person and get an idea of the water level the cars were submerged to. Would it be fresh water or salt? I wish there were more auctions up here in Canada. Flood damage here is rare.

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Pretty good insight there. I would assume you are able to view the cars in person and get an idea of the water level the cars were submerged to. Would it be fresh water or salt? I wish there were more auctions up here in Canada. Flood damage here is rare.
Usually you can view a car 24hrs before its scheduled sale date, but that assumes you are able to get to the auction site, are a registered auction bidder and the auction has all there ducks in a row and they know where the car is.

The Houston and Dallas auctions were overwhelmed by the number of cars effected by the flooding in the Houston area. They rented large holding lots and stored the cars there until the title work and insurance companies where able to legally sell the cars. It was a mess and even though there may have been 20 cars you were interested at that location there was no way you could find them all to look at them in a single visit.

We had pre-auction data and pictures to go by in most cases and you had to make your best guess based on the info you could see in the 6 pictures of each vehicle. The Insurance companies would pay the auction companies to clean the cars, take the pictures and prepare them for the sale. They would state that the car had keys, was cleaned and had the water removed, had silicone lubricants sprayed on seat tracks and elsewhere to prevent rust.

All of the cars I bought had these claims and one of them actually had keys and an attempt was made to vacuum out the water, the rest still had water in them, were missing keys, had no visible attempt made to prevent rust and no paperwork. It was a risk and for the most part I think I did OK on the cars I got, considering the purpose I wanted them for I likely saved about 6-8 grand over buying a high mileage used 2015+ GT.

Dave

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I have a 16 Ingot Silver and a 15 White. The silver is stripped and ready to start a build the white one has a Watson Cage and the dash back in it and ready to be assembled. Let me know if I can help.

https://www.racingjunk.com/GT/183067526/2016-Mustang-GT-HPDE-Build-TA4-T2-Starting-at-49-500.00.html

https://www.racingjunk.com/Other/18...-HPDE-Build-TA4-T2-Starting-at-49-500.00.html

Dave
Its prolly a very good thing we dont live in the same town. lol..
Going to run an old Audi in champ car with a friend and looked at several miatas and an 03 stang for champ as well. I would want street legal S550 with cage and replaceable plastic side windows for daily use.
Ideally, would like to do road course/street build with rear/mid turbo/TT and move/keep as much weight rear as possible.
Sponsored