Sponsored

Fisrt time in 20 years 12.3 I/4 mile 116 MPH Mustang 2018 401 a

Toro73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt auto 400A Package factory 20's
Fist thing thanks Loki-GT !! fellow member here in the forums, made my life a lot easier yesterday at the track... :headbang: his tips help a lot.

Automatic 10r80 drag mode 3.55 gears.
Mods- Stop the hop Steeda and Lowering springs (stop the hop more useful on the manual cars in my opinion)

Stock Good years asymmetric 265/35/20 500 thread wear :lol:
I'm with Loki in this one, this Good years really do not seem a lot of improvement with lower psi's, last attempt was at 29 psi not my best attempt either but there was not lot of difference after the tire pressure was reduce, the car was hooking really good regardless. Track prep was semi decent at the light, but I was still breaking tires 1-2 and 2-3.

DA 2140
Temp 86 F
Humidity 86%
and some sahara dust in the atmosphere, yes this a thing that happens here in Puerto Rico lol

1/4 best time 12.3
60 feet 2.00
MPH 116
1/8 8.1 (not sure will check with the slip)

Filmed with 1990 flip phone :D (having trouble uploading this will try later)

Ill post the time slips later this evening. But It was hot, humid and Muggy. No way to avoid water box. Technique same use By Loky-GT .

Drag mode, SC/TC off, light burn to clean, rev to 1500-1800 rpm's (trying).
4 pases
12.9 Dead take off

It looks so easy on the videos lol, was having trouble keeping the RPM's in check while looking at the xmas tree and keeping an Eye out for crazy turbo honda's going all over the place.

So the launch was iffy at best and my lack of experience was getting in the way. Corrected times in the drag time app was showing 12.1, so maybe I did pretty good for not having being at the xmas tree for over 20 years but this auto transmission cars make you look like a regular racer. Good job Ford!!!!

Thanks and ill post the slips when I get home this evening :ford:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Deleted member 33561

Not bad for that DA. Sounds like the track was just ok not great. Your 60 ft is average so you will do better later on with more practice. Have fun. :clap2:

OP
OP
Toro73

Toro73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not bad for that DA. Sounds like the track was just ok not great. Your 60 ft is average so you will do better later on with more practice. Have fun. :clap2:
O yeah, there is a lot of stuff happening at the track to distract you, officials in a hurry, the other guys doing like 3 burnouts making sure not to run over people standing around all over the place lol... So I will be working on that 60 ft next time around. Seat time will cure problems

Also,I will be going back to stock springs and height again as well. It felt that I was not getting a good weight transfer with the car being lowerd. Hard to explain but even thought I was getting the Rpm's around 1800 for the launch it felt tamed, not getting that foward surge that I see on the stock cars running those nice 1.9 1.7 60 ft on the stock tires. Probably just me, but it was just a very flat take off.

Deleted member 33561

A set of drag radials will cure most your problems at the strip.

OP
OP
Toro73

Toro73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A set of drag radials will cure most your problems at the strip.
:D yeah that too!

Returning to the track was great but, If being honest, it was nerve racking , being that it was the first 2018 to make an appearance in the track here IN PR ( we did not get the 2018's until March because of hurricane Maria) there where a lot of eyeballs on me lol.

I was feeling the pressure to represent the 2018 properly :ford:

So now that I went and did OK, the jitters would not be so much an issue next time.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Not bad at all.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Fist thing thanks Loki-GT !! fellow member here in the forums, made my life a lot easier yesterday at the track... :headbang: his tips help a lot.

Automatic 10r80 drag mode 3.55 gears.
Mods- Stop the hop Steeda and Lowering springs (stop the hop more useful on the manual cars in my opinion)

Stock Good years asymmetric 265/35/20 500 thread wear :lol:
I'm with Loki in this one, this Good years really do not seem a lot of improvement with lower psi's, last attempt was at 29 psi not my best attempt either but there was not lot of difference after the tire pressure was reduce, the car was hooking really good regardless. Track prep was semi decent at the light, but I was still breaking tires 1-2 and 2-3.

DA 2140
Temp 86 F
Humidity 86%
and some sahara dust in the atmosphere, yes this a thing that happens here in Puerto Rico lol

1/4 best time 12.3
60 feet 2.00
MPH 116
1/8 8.1 (not sure will check with the slip)

Filmed with 1990 flip phone :D (having trouble uploading this will try later)

Ill post the time slips later this evening. But It was hot, humid and Muggy. No way to avoid water box. Technique same use By Loky-GT .

Drag mode, SC/TC off, light burn to clean, rev to 1500-1800 rpm's (trying).
4 pases
12.9 Dead take off

It looks so easy on the videos lol, was having trouble keeping the RPM's in check while looking at the xmas tree and keeping an Eye out for crazy turbo honda's going all over the place.

So the launch was iffy at best and my lack of experience was getting in the way. Corrected times in the drag time app was showing 12.1, so maybe I did pretty good for not having being at the xmas tree for over 20 years but this auto transmission cars make you look like a regular racer. Good job Ford!!!!

Thanks and ill post the slips when I get home this evening :ford:
Considering the DA and temps this is fantastic!! Great job! :thumbsup:

Drag mode is still the best even with the hit going into 2nd, our MPH is identical!

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
:D yeah that too!

Returning to the track was great but, If being honest, it was nerve racking , being that it was the first 2018 to make an appearance in the track here IN PR ( we did not get the 2018's until March because of hurricane Maria) there where a lot of eyeballs on me lol.

I was feeling the pressure to represent the 2018 properly :ford:

So now that I went and did OK, the jitters would not be so much an issue next time.:thumbsup:
Back in the day people weren't allowed to stand around by the starting line, these days they're friggin everywhere. I had to honk at some to get out of my way trying to stage the car! GLD needs to tighten up, that place is run too loose.

OP
OP
Toro73

Toro73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time slip , I will post on the list of 1/4 mile as well
20180630_121415.jpg
Sponsored