Sponsored

Steeda Tri-Ax Race Shifter - Difficulty putting into 1st?

climbiterp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi everyone. I recently installed my Steeda Tri-Ax shifter (<1000 miles with it) and I was hoping the shifter would resolve the strong resistance when putting the car into first gear...it's still very resistant and takes quite a "punch" to get it there more often than not, and my left foot is certainly on the floor. I currently have the low-resistance springs in the shifter. Is there any fix to this? Am I alone in this symptom?
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I have never had any significant resistance to getting into first gear.

You may want to have your dealer look at the (I'll get the name of this part wrong) the "blocking plate/thing/lockout" that you have to pull the reverse lockout lever up to "get around" so you can go into reverse. That's adjustable and may be impeding on your ability to smoothly slide into 1st gear.

Or go back and do it yourself. I think it's just like a simple screw driver type adjustment.

OP
OP

climbiterp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I hope someone might come along and shed some insight to this potential adjustment. Any idea if this adjustment is accessible from the inside of the car? Does the trans need to be dropped again?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone. I recently installed my Steeda Tri-Ax shifter (<1000 miles with it) and I was hoping the shifter would resolve the strong resistance when putting the car into first gear...it's still very resistant and takes quite a "punch" to get it there more often than not, and my left foot is certainly on the floor. I currently have the low-resistance springs in the shifter. Is there any fix to this? Am I alone in this symptom?
You can remove the spring & see if that helps with the aforementioned - it can be run without a spring.

Best Regards,

TJ

BiloxiFun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
You can remove the spring & see if that helps with the aforementioned - it can be run without a spring.

Best Regards,

TJ
@tj@steeda
I have this same exact problem. It is hard to get into first and if I shift from first into second it is difficult to get in as well. 3rd - 6th are a dream. 1st and 2nd are a lot be desired. Also, down shifting from 3rd to 2nd are great.

Should we take out the springs too? And by springs you mean the two selected for shift quality? Either soft or firm?

Also, the threading for the screws on the piece the rubber bracket mounts to, when we screwed it into the blue/silver parts it was difficult to install like one of the screw holes were off. I hope this is an easy fix because I really do love the shifter and the white shift knob.

Thanks.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Send me an email to [email protected] with your contact info - we will get our tech team on this to help resolve your issue.

We will get you handled!

Best Regards,

TJ

BiloxiFun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Email sent -- thank you!
Sponsored