JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Boys Republic

I agree, its certainly not cheap. But this may well be the last opportunity to buy a Bullitt Mustang and having the additional McQueen cachet will encourage those with deep pockets.

It'd be nice if even just a small amount of profit went to the Boys Republic charity though (I didn't see reference to this, although it wouldn't surprise me if this happens anyway).
Maybe they could work out a Deal with Ford for the 1st Non-Barrett-Jackson Production Bullitt to supply the 2nd Bullitt for the 1st Conversion, Auction it off at the last B-J Auction of the year and send the proceeds to Boys Republic.

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
We are REALLY excited to be apart of this special Steve McQueen edition Bullitt Mustang. And for those who are asking, yes, those wheels will be made available for sale later this year.

:cheers:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Daaaaaang, sucka!

That thing is right on the money.

Perfection.

800 hp?

With the minimalist Bullitt style?

Yes please.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
We are REALLY excited to be apart of this special Steve McQueen edition Bullitt Mustang. And for those who are asking, yes, those wheels will be made available for sale later this year.

:cheers:
Will the wheels only be offered in 20" size? I would absolutely love and purchase 19" wheels in the same size as the Ford configuration that fits the OEM tire sizes.

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
For 800 horsepower in a well engineered Mustang by the leaders in race tuned suspensions, I would say 68500 dollars is a deal of a lifetime. I would certainly consider buying a Steve McQueen Edition. I would like to know how much the version with a supercharger will weigh. I have a feeling it will be lighter than a GT500.

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Will the wheels only be offered in 20" size? I would absolutely love and purchase 19" wheels in the same size as the Ford configuration that fits the OEM tire sizes.
Only available in 20", specifically our FF04 fitment which is 20x10 ET35 and 20x11 ET50.

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
Where is the conversion going to be done?

So, do you have to have your car shipped to Florida to have Steeda do the conversion; or does it go to Galpin in So. California? Do either have an arrangement with Ford to ship it directly from the factory in Flat Rock, MI like Shelby has with Ford?

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I think the whole McQueen family is awesome and I wish them all the best, but I struggle to see them selling 300 of these a year. $47,500 for a base Bullitt + $21,000 for this package puts you at $68,500. :eyebulge:

I guess Shelby American is still in business and I struggle to see the value there too so there must be a market, I just don't understand it. :shrug:
I couldn't disagree more. I think 300 units will be gone before you can blink, even at that price. On a personal note, this Steeda rendering is the best looking 18 I've seen yet.

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I couldn't disagree more. I think 300 units will be gone before you can blink, even at that price. On a personal note, this Steeda rendering is the best looking 18 I've seen yet.
I agree with Dudie on this one. Chances are most people who really want one, won't even get the opportunity because they'll be allocated to customers already. Better start getting in touch with Steeda right away if you want to get yours locked in.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only available in 20", specifically our FF04 fitment which is 20x10 ET35 and 20x11 ET50.
Thanks for the clarification. Would that wheel even be possible, given the size of the brakes and other fitment parameters? If so, what would it take to produce those?

I love the 20s, but don't want to have tires that large, as beautiful as they are. Appreciate any feedback.

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for the clarification. Would that wheel even be possible, given the size of the brakes and other fitment parameters? If so, what would it take to produce those?

I love the 20s, but don't want to have tires that large, as beautiful as they are. Appreciate any feedback.
It would need to take a serious demand on the customer side for us to do so.

When we first came out with the first FlowForm wheel, the FF01, we made a 19" fitment and 20" fitment for Mustangs. The 20" sold out almost immediately and the 19" took a longer time to move. Though many on the forum are boisterous about wanting a 19" wheel for this car, the overall picture including all the other Mustang owners not on this forum are not saying the same from what we're seeing. If we saw a serious demand for 19" wheels, we would still be producing the FF01, and FF15 in those sizes.

Chances are very slim that you'll see a 19" version I'm sorry to say. If anybody else wants a 19" version of this wheel, please comment and let yourself be known, otherwise we won't see the demand and won't produce it.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would need to take a serious demand on the customer side for us to do so.

When we first came out with the first FlowForm wheel, the FF01, we made a 19" fitment and 20" fitment for Mustangs. The 20" sold out almost immediately and the 19" took a very long time to move. Though many on the forum are boisterous about wanting a 19" wheel for this car, the overall picture including all the other Mustang owners not on this forum are not saying the same from what we're seeing. If we saw a serious demand for 19" wheels, we would still be producing the FF01, and FF15 in those sizes.

Chances are very slim that you'll see a 19" version I'm sorry to say. If anybody else wants a 19" version of this wheel, please comment and let yourself be known, otherwise we won't see the demand and won't produce it.
It might be a different story for the IMBOC (International Mustang Bullitt Owners Club) community, where a number of the future '19 owners would prefer this style and stock size because of the desire to not dramatically change the wheel/tire package. I will PM you separately so we don't clutter up this thread, but suffice it to say these wheels are PRECISELY what I would buy, just in the 19" size. Thanks for your comments!

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It might be a different story for the IMBOC (International Mustang Bullitt Owners Club) community, where a number of the future '19 owners would prefer this style and stock size because of the desire to not dramatically change the wheel/tire package. I will PM you separately so we don't clutter up this thread, but suffice it to say these wheels are PRECISELY what I would buy, just in the 19" size. Thanks for your comments!
Ironically just PMed you at the same time :cheers:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
So, do you have to have your car shipped to Florida to have Steeda do the conversion; or does it go to Galpin in So. California? Do either have an arrangement with Ford to ship it directly from the factory in Flat Rock, MI like Shelby has with Ford?
Excellent question. I would like to extend that question towards export models that are going to be produced for the European and Australian markets.
Sponsored