Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Interesting thread.

I was in the same boat when I owned my GT500, it was ~540 HP at the wheels. Fun and all, but after a while I got tired of not being able to really use the power beyond the occasional drift on dry pavement to scare the shit out of unsuspecting passengers. It wasn't a great handler either in stock form, and I actually preferred my '09 Bullitt to it. If the Bullitt had Coyote power I'd probably still own it....

I've entertained twin turbos on my '15, but quickly remind myself that I'd be back in the same boat as with the GT500. If I were into drag racing like I was back in the '90s it would be a totally different story, but the reality is that I can't use what I have NA on public roads.

Like others have said, I think I'm best leaving it NA (tuned, of course) and concentrate on handling and other aspects beyond that.
Sponsored

GasPedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
Great conversation, I think the suggestion for a Tesla is a good one. Especially in your area getting it serviced or charged would be easy and it would push you back in your seat when you want it to.

Will be a boring drive without a v8 though. Do you ever just press the gas a bit harder while cruising just to hear the engine? That alone is puts me in a good mood

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
Just buy a '19 GT with the active exhaust. You'll be a happy chappie.
This is why I like the Mustang being a global car. Now I'm a happy chappie.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Interesting thread.

I was in the same boat when I owned my GT500, it was ~540 HP at the wheels. Fun and all, but after a while I got tired of not being able to really use the power beyond the occasional drift on dry pavement to scare the shit out of unsuspecting passengers. It wasn't a great handler either in stock form, and I actually preferred my '09 Bullitt to it. If the Bullitt had Coyote power I'd probably still own it....
I think wider and stickier rear tires along with whatever other mods are needed should be done on a newer blown GT. Same thing that could have been done on an older GT500. You should be able to hook up 540 whp fairly well in good weather if you are willing to spend the money.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I think wider and stickier rear tires along with whatever other mods are needed should be done on a newer blown GT. Same thing that could have been done on an older GT500. You should be able to hook up 540 whp fairly well in good weather if you are willing to spend the money.
I love it when I see 700 RWHP Mustangs and then you look at the shoes their wearing...

255/275 all seasons in the dead of summer. Spends $10K on all the power in the world, nit picks a few hundred dollars on decent tires.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I love it when I see 700 RWHP Mustangs and then you look at the shoes their wearing...

255/275 all seasons in the dead of summer. Spends $10K on all the power in the world, nit picks a few hundred dollars on decent tires.
It isn't just any all seasons, it's ULTRA-HIGH PERFORMANCE ALL-SEASONS...

C'mon Nastang... Jeez.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
This is why I'm staying NA. I can actually use the power. I've focused mostly on handling, which never gets old if you go and use it (autocross, HPDE, etc).
This x 2

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It isn't just any all seasons, it's ULTRA-HIGH PERFORMANCE ALL-SEASONS...

C'mon Nastang... Jeez.
Mega ultra super high on mary jane all of the seasons including the May the 4th and 5th season be with you seasons tires. They cost eleventy billion pesos.

Reactions: Ebm

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Mega ultra super high on mary jane all of the seasons including the May the 4th and 5th season be with you seasons tires. They cost eleventy billion pesos.
Seems legit

Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I will most likely jump ship when the new Bronco comes out.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I love my boosted car, can't relate to any of you lol.
I also own a 2017 Mercedes Benz S550 Long wheel base and I love driving my Mustang way more than the benz. Whether its cruising or daily commute.

Yeah I can't use it all the time but when I do go WOT it is 10000000% worth it.
Scare the shit out of all my passengers and give myself a crazy adrenaline rush.

Just gotta know where you can open it up and where you shouldn't!