Sponsored

Train Station to Dealer -- How long?

Bpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I was tracking the rail car and I saw that it had been "Delivered to Industry", and is sitting in a rail yard 30 miles away from my house.

Anyone have experiences to share of how long it took to be picked up and drove to the dealer? Wish I could just go retrieve it myself, but I have an EDD of Friday. (Was Thursday, got bumped to Friday after it arrived via train)
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
When my 2016 was delivered (delayed, due to a hurricane that swamped the rail yards in Columbia, SC), the train came in on Thursday, and it was at the dealer on late Friday. I picked it up late Monday, after the dealer dealt with delivery prep.

JR

OP
OP

Bpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Train yard is a 45 minute drive from the dealer, driving me nuts how close and yet how far it is

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
At least yours close home. Mine still says awaiting for shipment, my dealer said their system says is on “body calibration “. Cotus says it’s awaiting shipment and ford performance says “As 6/7 I’m showing the vehicle has been produced at the plant, ETA is 6/15-6/21. They have no more information than that. I’m starting to get desperate... :(

OP
OP

Bpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
At least yours close home. Mine still says awaiting for shipment, my dealer said their system says is on “body calibration “. Cotus says it’s awaiting shipment and ford performance says “As 6/7 I’m showing the vehicle has been produced at the plant, ETA is 6/15-6/21. They have no more information than that. I’m starting to get desperate... :(
Dang, sorry to hear that man :/

Fingers crossed that it's just a hiccup with COTUS

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Dang, sorry to hear that man :/

Fingers crossed that it's just a hiccup with COTUS
Yeah, me too. I’ll wait 2 more days...lol

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
My RC GT Premium went 'in transit' May 18th. EDD was June 10th, but a no show. Disappeared from COTUS on that date and re-appeared June 17 with a new EDD of June 24. Hard to believe it takes over a month (37 days) to ship from Flat Rock to west coast of Canada. Got my GT500 in 2007 in 25 days.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
My RC GT Premium went 'in transit' May 18th. EDD was June 10th, but a no show. Disappeared from COTUS on that date and re-appeared June 17 with a new EDD of June 24. Hard to believe it takes over a month (37 days) to ship from Flat Rock to west coast of Canada. Got my GT500 in 2007 in 25 days.

Make sure the AC is in working order!! Many in Europe are waiting for parts to fix the issues....quite a few of them! Ford says its from sitting so long??? Check this thread! https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62682

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I don’t mind waiting. But my Edd was moved from 6/28 to 6/21 and still awaiting shippment. Nobody knows where’s at, seems that someone either forgot to change the status or is missing somewhere in the US.

I have 9 days off next week and if it doesn’t get here, I can’t pick it up until mid July. Don’t know if the dealer will hold it that much. Plus I had a road trip planned for next week with the car :’(

OP
OP

Bpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I wish they would just allow more transparency, the unknown nature of the status is such a killer...

Nobody seems to have the information on which trucking company is handling the transport from rail yard to dealer, or I could just ask them when their ETA is aside from some general COTUS estimate

68&18_Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 & 2018 GT's
Mine was built on 6/7/18 and it still waiting for shipment according to Cotus and mine only needs to travel 125 miles to Western Michigan. I've been waiting since 2/19/18. Very frustrating...
Sponsored