Sponsored

Bad news Part2 (Farewell)

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
WARNING: STAY AWAY FROM SPRADLEY BARR CHEYENNE!

Operated by a dishonest GM with zero integrity, they will bait & switch your deal. BUYER BEWARE.

Kevin Harris - Ford & Lincoln Sales Manager
Mike Ervin - GM

Spradley Barr Cheyenne
2200 Westland Road
Cheyenne, WY 82001

http://www.spradleybarrcheyenne.com

---

Well after my first order fell through I got back on the bandwagon quickly and searched for another 2017 R allocation, eventually putting down another deposit and configuring it to my specs. The 'R' was ordered at an out-of-state dealer with a courtesy delivery set to a local CA dealership.

Yesterday, over a month since I placed the deposit, I get an email from the ordering dealer stating they can't sell me the 'R' because of the following:

After receiving your order and deposit, the ownership of our store made me aware of emissions and sales tax rules that will prohibit us from fulfilling your order:

Emissions Certification-Related Sales Restrictions;
2017 Model Year Passenger Cars and Trucks

The following information will help to overcome any confusion or misconceptions regarding federal and California emissions certification:

• Federal and California emissions certifications are different from each other and DO NOT OVERLAP.
• A vehicle certified only to Federal standards is not eligible for sale to a customer intending to register it in a state that requires certification to California standards.
• A vehicle certified only to California standards is not eligible for sale to a customer intending to register it in a state that requires certification to Federal standards,
subject to EPA’s Cross-Border Sales Policy.
• ONLY DUAL-CERTIFIED VEHICLES (i.e., vehicles separately certified to both Federal and California standards) are eligible for sale in all 50 states.

I apologize for any inconvenience and/or miscommunication.

Aren't these cars 50-state compliant? And the 'R' is being courtesy delivered to CA?

My patience has worn thin with Ford dealerships and the 'R'. It may be a fantastic car but the process of ordering one is plain BROKEN. I've contacted well over 500 dealerships and between the ones thinking they can order a 'R' when they can't (and Ford's fault for actually letting a dealership submit a 'R' order), dealerships cannibalizing each other's stock and inflating the prices or the games they end up playing with the customer, I'm throwing in the towel.

Attention Ford Performance, Ford Service or anyone else there who will listen. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER. You're making great products again (and I'm overlooking the quality control issues) but if the people you're trying to attract into the brand can't actually GET them after multiple attempts (with ADM pricing) due to Dealer ignorance and shenanigans, there is something WRONG.

I'm happy to have helped some of you out while being here and for the rest of you who have or will be getting your R's, enjoy them! I for one don't have anymore time to waste on this and plan to take my business elsewhere.

Thanks for hearing me vent and best of luck to y'all.
image_9662b70640f194a0e924bb62d98eb27afaf9e58a.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
This is just sad.
I got mine from a dealer in KS.
Just got it smoged last week with a passing grade.
My VIN is waiting at the DMV.
I have an appt with the DMV tomorrow to pay tax, registration and licensing fees.

I really do feel bad for you because I went through the same process and even as far as making an excel spreadsheet of who the dealers i contacted and the ADMs they were charging and it was a really taxing process.

Sorry man.

abcut973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63 AMG Black Series, ML350 Bluetech
Wow! Difficult to believe this BS from the selling dealer!
I don't know how much ADM you negotiated with them but could be the dealer wants big bucks now?!

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
Wow! Difficult to believe this BS from the selling dealer!
I don't know how much ADM you negotiated with them but could be the dealer wants big bucks now?!
Sounds like the dealer is trying to get out of the deal, so they can make more $$$.

Sponsored

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Sounds like the dealer is trying to get out of the deal, so they can make more $$$.
agreed. throw fancy legal mumbo jumbo at you and make you worried/scared. too bad.

The real shame is that OP is 100% correct. Ford Performance is making awesome products. They really hit home runs with this car and the RS, and made a conscious effort to make it affordable. During the Track tour, they brought in customers from the higher end german enthusiast crowd. This customer is used to a certain standard of service, execution, and perfection. To have it ruined at the dealership level is a tragedy.

rolaidz

Mustang Virgin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Infiniti G37S Cpe, Yamaha R6
Sorry to hear. Definitely sounds like BS. Plenty of guys on this forum, including AGGT350 a few messages up, have bought out of state and registered in CA. I will be doing the same with my 2017 non-R at some point, hopefully without issue.

Best of luck.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Don't give up man. Like others have stated, they are just trying to get out of it. I would hire an attorney to explain "their" law to them and like others have said, contact Ford.

This is about the lowest, slimy thing I've seen a dealer do. A straight up lie and manipulation. What a joke.

I hope you'll lean on them some and if you don't, I hope you'll let us know who the dealer is so we can blast them on social media.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
we will do a #thisdealersucks

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Agreed. Once the car is directly shipped to the CA dealer straight from the plant it is never registered out of state. There is no emissions issue since the car never is registered out of state.

doz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
997 GT3,GT350
I actually find it a bit funny that the arrow points to "50 state emissions" which would make it legal to sell in any state.

OP
OP

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
I actually find it a bit funny that the arrow points to "50 state emissions" which would make it legal to sell in any state.
That's me providing an example from a 2016 R identifying that Ford themselves state the R is 50-state legal on the window sticker.

The sad thing is, after spending all this time contacting dealers and wading through the BS I'm just tired of it all. Sure, I could continue to push the issue with this dealer and their emissions claim but I shouldn't have to do this after putting a deposit down and agreeing to an ADM! If this continues to go south I'll no doubt provide the dealer information to everyone.

Appreciate the support everyone
Sponsored