daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
People just need to buy what they are happy with and can afford. At the end of the day, how do you feel driving the car?
Sponsored

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
It’s funny how I could list the pros and cons of my V6 Mustang and this is how it would look.

Pros
-Proven engine
-Great exterior styling
-Fun 6 Speed
-Good power
-Good sound
-Good MPG
-Very affordable

Cons
-It’s a V6

That’s the funny thing, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the car…at all!, Well except maybe no premium interior but leather seats are uncomfortable during hot Cali summers and I see absolutely no point in big screens. I would love to see you’re guys pros/cons list of the EB and GT.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
While I love my GT and don't regret purchasing it, I would've bought a V6 if it had the option packages I wanted. I drove a 4 cylinder 5 speed focus for 8 years. I can deal with the haters. Should've heard the comments I got when I drove a rental Fiesta for a few weeks..

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
People just need to buy what they are happy with and can afford. At the end of the day, how do you feel driving the car?
That's how I feel. Whether it's a V6, an EB, a snow mobile engine or a C20 helicopter turbine engine under the hood, I treat them all the same. It's all good to me what they have.

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
It’s funny how I could list the pros and cons of my V6 Mustang and this is how it would look.

Pros
-Proven engine
-Great exterior styling
-Fun 6 Speed
-Good power
-Good sound
-Good MPG
-Very affordable

Cons
-It’s a V6

That’s the funny thing, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the car…at all!, Well except maybe no premium interior but leather seats are uncomfortable during hot Cali summers and I see absolutely no point in big screens. I would love to see you’re guys pros/cons list of the EB and GT.
Here’s my list from own personal experience.

2015 Ecoboost Manual
Pros
-Great exterior styling
-Fun 6 Speed
-Good power, especially midrange
-Good MPG
-Very affordable
-Very quick, feels light and agile
-Very mod friendly with a lot of aftermarket support

Cons
-It’s a 4 banger
-exhaust note
-engine not proven
-needs tune to really wake up but tune voids warranty
-peoples reaction when they find out it’s a 4 banger

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Pros
-Exhaust note!
-V8 rumble, idle, torque, N/A Engine
-Proven engine, can handle a lot of HP/torque
-HUUUUGE aftermarket support
-Handles pretty well with sticky tires (IRS)
-Looks! Everyone LOVES the V8!!
-Best bang for your buck performance wise, period!

Cons
-A lot of wheel hop especially for the M6 I drove.. Co-worker's GT PP car (One reason why I bought an auto this time around)
-Stock exhaust is on the quieter side
-Gained weight instead of losing weight (IRS)
-Wish had a bit more power stock.. lost to stock 2016 M6 Camaro SS by 5-6 cars (unf**kin believable!)

So yeah, I'm extremely happy with my GT.. all the cons of the GT can of course be fixed especially with the huge aftermarket support. Like I said, no better car for the money spent! :clap2:

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I never wanted the GT, I respect it for sure but coming from mid 90's Japaneese sports cars, I just couldn't see my self behind a big old V8, I love the feel of boost and 36 mpg when I want to be frugal.

Getting close to 30k trouble free miles on mine, Tuned from Day 2, I feel that any reliability concerns were overblown, this engine in smaller form has been in the FiST and FoST for years. Unless you live on a racetrack anyone who drives their car as hard as me, on an almost daily basis, is in jail or dead.

The Ecoboost's only problem is that it is a Mustang, something that people who ignore the fact that the Mustang concept had a V4 or that it originally debuted with an I6 with no V8 option, or even that nearly 2/3rd of Mustangs ever built weren't "Real Mustangs" according to them, will never stop pointing out.

If you are buying the EB because you can't afford the GT, you are making a mistake. Similarly if you are buying one because you want to be part of that mustang mythos, you will be disappointed. Lastly if you care what complete strangers think, don't get the V6 or the EB.

If however you wanted a $25k RWD turbo Coupe with huge tuning potential, (the cars that Japan forgot how to build) you are in for a treat.

I live in the Land of unlimited autobahn and get to use the full power of the Car maybe a few times a week, Hell after my trip to DC last week, if I lived in the US, I probably would have left it stock...Nah that's a lie I never leave anything stock but most of that is wasted there.

Read the articles below

https://www.yahoo.com/news/unpopular-opinion-ecoboost-ford-mustang-193000630.html
and
http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/ford-mustang-new

If that all makes sense to you get the EB, If it gets you all riled up and angry enough to rage post below than get the GT. The GT would have only added around $80 more per month to my car payment and $50 per month to insurance, If that's enough to start pulling food off your table, you shouldn't be looking at a car in this segment anyways.

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
I went from EB to GT350

EB
Pro
-light
-quick
Con
-exhaust sucks no matter what
-no matter how fast it is, it's still an EB that's found at every rental car agency

GT350
Pro
-no heat soak
-no modding necessary
-unbeatable exhaust note

Con
-gas mileage sucks
-can't take it out without having at least one person ask me about it

I really really tried to like the ecoboost but it was never going to be there.

I considered the GT but I'd always know the GT350 was better, for road course use any way.

stevejon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black mustang ecoboost
down in Australia most sales are for GTs full stop,having said that i only wanted the ecoboost,drove one and really liked it,than a week later i drove my friends GT.Happy with my decision to buy the turbo and dont really care that they are not very popular.Only person to please is yourself at the end of the day.

OP
OP
Jdenkevitz

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
I hope I didn't give the impression that the EB is a 'lesser' car. It is probably the best American made performance value car you can get right now. For whatever reasons, the Mustang is often equated with the v8 by the general public, even though its far from an accurate perception in light of the cars history.

I think Ford could have used the EB under a different name (Falcon?), and it would not have that comparison. Had I kept the EB, I probably would have enjoyed it for several years, but I really wanted a v8 (who knows how much longer they will be around).

magnetic16gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT
I hope I didn't give the impression that the EB is a 'lesser' car. It is probably the best American made performance value car you can get right now. For whatever reasons, the Mustang is often equated with the v8 by the general public, even though its far from an accurate perception in light of the cars history.

I think Ford could have used the EB under a different name (Falcon?), and it would not have that comparison. Had I kept the EB, I probably would have enjoyed it for several years, but I really wanted a v8 (who knows how much longer they will be around).
The EB was a serious contender for me. I drove both the A6 and M6 and was impressed with its performance, price, and overall efficiency. I started to price out a build for a '17 and was astonished that I could get a fully loaded premium with PP for well under 30k with A plan. However, I got back into my '14 GT after we were done and heard the exhaust with the windows down. I choose another GT because I'm at the point in my life that I don't necessarily need to be "efficient." For most applications, the EB seems like an awesome option.

P.S. Your ride looks awesome. I really wanted Ruby Red but could not find a premium anywhere...

Sponsored

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
I never wanted the GT, I respect it for sure but coming from mid 90's Japaneese sports cars, I just couldn't see my self behind a big old V8, I love the feel of boost and 36 mpg when I want to be frugal.

Getting close to 30k trouble free miles on mine, Tuned from Day 2, I feel that any reliability concerns were overblown, this engine in smaller form has been in the FiST and FoST for years. Unless you live on a racetrack anyone who drives their car as hard as me, on an almost daily basis, is in jail or dead.

The Ecoboost's only problem is that it is a Mustang, something that people who ignore the fact that the Mustang concept had a V4 or that it originally debuted with an I6 with no V8 option, or even that nearly 2/3rd of Mustangs ever built weren't "Real Mustangs" according to them, will never stop pointing out.

If you are buying the EB because you can't afford the GT, you are making a mistake. Similarly if you are buying one because you want to be part of that mustang mythos, you will be disappointed. Lastly if you care what complete strangers think, don't get the V6 or the EB.

If however you wanted a $25k RWD turbo Coupe with huge tuning potential, (the cars that Japan forgot how to build) you are in for a treat.

I live in the Land of unlimited autobahn and get to use the full power of the Car maybe a few times a week, Hell after my trip to DC last week, if I lived in the US, I probably would have left it stock...Nah that's a lie I never leave anything stock but most of that is wasted there.

Read the articles below

https://www.yahoo.com/news/unpopular-opinion-ecoboost-ford-mustang-193000630.html
and
http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/ford-mustang-new

If that all makes sense to you get the EB, If it gets you all riled up and angry enough to rage post below than get the GT. The GT would have only added around $80 more per month to my car payment and $50 per month to insurance, If that's enough to start pulling food off your table, you shouldn't be looking at a car in this segment anyways.
You pretty much nailed it. Nothing wrong with the EB at all, good power, average price, etc.

The only downfall to majority of public's mind is that the EB/V6 is in a Mustang's body. The body that represented a V8 muscle/pony car engine for 50 years. The V8 will always be the engine in most of the enthusiast's mind.

Funny, the + side of the EB/V6 is that it's in the killer body of the Mustang for a much cheaper price... which is also the downfall of it?

To those that have the EB/V6.. enjoy it guys.. block off the negative things people will say. For some of you, the comments will eat you alive and it did to me but I wanted the GT as well to begin with.

If you love the V8, GT is the way to go.. if you don't care for it much.. the EB will do just fine!

Last edited:

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Remember this advice: if in doubt (even a little!), err on the side of V8.

If not in doubt, buy whatever you want.
Sponsored