Sponsored

Track Pads (Brakes Pads that is)...

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Right on. :thumbsup:

Good on ya for taking the initiative. There are some very good pads out there for both street and track. I tend to prefer street pads that are a bit less on the dusty side. The stocks are nice and work well, but the dust reminds me of Audi stock pads.

Personally - I like the best bang for the $. I will always try and find the best deal going. And...the stock pads are certainly a great price.
They remind me of Hawks (DTC 60 and 70) and the reason why I'm done with Hawks. What a mess!
Sponsored

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I'm pretty sure the stock pads are Ferodo HP1000s. They are better than the DS2500 in every category: bite, temp range, longevity, etc... they are used on many high performance OEM applications. If this isn't a track-only or mostly track driven car, and you don't mind changing pads after 2-3 track days (for experienced drivers) oem pads are your best bet.

Edit - iirc, Ford did a durability test with pro drivers for hours on end with no brake issues. I think there's something to be said for that...

Last edited:
OP
OP

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I'm pretty sure the stock pads are Ferodo HP1000s. They are better than the DS2500 in every category: bite, temp range, longevity, etc... they are used on many high performance OEM applications. If this isn't a track-only or mostly track driven car, and you don't mind changing pads after 2-3 track days (for experienced drivers) oem pads are your best bet.

Heck...I'm willing to try anything once (within reason...:gossip: )

Let's keep this thread going tho. The more info on what works well will be great for everyone.

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
So far, most folks with a number of track events on this platform have not reported problems with the OE pads. That's a broad cross-section of tracks and skill levels of course, but it's a good testament for the pad.

In the thread about the release and use of the GLOC pads (not the group buy thread) there are now a few on-track reports, and some comments about trying to balance compounds to affect bias. I've not kept up with the thread so I don't know if there are any "GLOC is better than OE" field reports.

Sponsored

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Have you tried out Castrol SRF? The wet boiling point is more important, especially in high humidity areas where I live.

http://torquebrakefluid.com/compare_torque_rt700_to_other_brake_fluids.html
Which is great, and it is a great fluid.

One issue I've had from Customers who've used it is that they had their reservoir contaminated with a non synthetic fluid. From that point on experienced a mushy pedal.

As long as your able to do a good flush then you are good to go

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Bingo. This guy. No thanks. I know that guy on a personal and professional level. I respect each to his own...but let's just say, I'm not a fan.
Neither are we. He's hard to get ahold of and has left us without product for over 6 months.

We only carry it at this point because of the high demand and the fluid is very good.

OP
OP

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Neither are we. He's hard to get ahold of and has left us without product for over 6 months.
What say we agree to drop this discussion from this thread? Might confuse folks. I'd rather not drag this on....bad mojo. See your PM.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Pagid Racing: Supposedly there are some Pagid pad sizes that are compatible with our calipers (this has not been confirmed). Pagid offers numerous compounds, including race and street. These are quite popular in the Porsche crowd. (Personal note - I have run these in the past. They are ok and will last. Initial bite is progressive...) Pad sizes mentioned: Part number 8083 for the front, 8208 for the rear. Side note - Pagids are notoriously expensive due to the crowds that run them (Porsche, Ferrari...etc.)
I run Pagid Yellows on my Boxster S when I track it, and I'm extremely happy with them. My lap times at Putnam Park in Indiana dropped by over a second per lap with them vs. the OEM Porsche pads. I'd be very interested to see whether the part numbers do indeed work for our GT350's. (Note: I won't run them on the street, because they squeal like a stuck pig at every stop sign.)

I'm also curious about brake fluid... I have quite a bit of Ate Typ200 Amber and Ate Super Blue on hand for the Boxster... I wouldn't run the Super Blue in the GT350 while it's still under warranty, but I'm curious to know whether the Typ200 Amber would be suitable for our cars.

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I run Pagid Yellows on my Boxster S when I track it, and I'm extremely happy with them. My lap times at Putnam Park in Indiana dropped by over a second per lap with them vs. the OEM Porsche pads. I'd be very interested to see whether the part numbers do indeed work for our GT350's. (Note: I won't run them on the street, because they squeal like a stuck pig at every stop sign.)

I'm also curious about brake fluid... I have quite a bit of Ate Typ200 Amber and Ate Super Blue on hand for the Boxster... I wouldn't run the Super Blue in the GT350 while it's still under warranty, but I'm curious to know whether the Typ200 Amber would be suitable for our cars.
I thought the Super Blue was discontinued?

Anyway, from my experience, it's hard to beat the Motul RBF 600 @ $16-$18 per bottle, depending on where you buy. There's also RBF 660 for a bit higher price. Excellent fluids.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Also the GT350R-C does not use the same rotor setup

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Performance Friction makes GREAT pads. They run them on the race GT350R-Cs and just won LeMans in the Ford GT.

Still not sure if they are needed in a primarily street driven car.
Also the GT350R-C does not use the same rotor setup