Sponsored

GLOC Brake Pads, Brake Fluid and Brake Line Group Buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
If you don't mind the dust or replacing pads every 2-3 (hard) track days, I would just use OEM pads, especially on a mostly daily driven car. Pros don't even fade the OEM pads and I think hat says alot.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Anthony@HTM

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Much better since it takes less effort to stop since these are more aggressive then stock.

They are not too bad on the street but I can't recommend to daily on them. Especially when it's cold

How would you compare the longevity of these to the stockers, and how bad is the screech factor for the occasional romp around town, and going to and from the track?

OP
OP
Anthony@HTM

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
If you don't mind the dust or replacing pads every 2-3 (hard) track days, I would just use OEM pads, especially on a mostly daily driven car. Pros don't even fade the OEM pads and I think hat says alot.

It's not about fade, it's about performance.

The first thing you will notice about going to a true race pad is the responsiveness. You get immediate bite and can brake later.

You also save money since these will last longer

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
It's not about fade, it's about performance.

The first thing you will notice about going to a true race pad is the responsiveness. You get immediate bite and can brake later.

You also save money since these will last longer
Lasting longer is a positive, however the stock pads can engage ABS lap after lap, so more bite from a pad will not allow the car to brake later, just engage ABS easier.

OP
OP
Anthony@HTM

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Lasting longer is a positive, however the stock pads can engage ABS lap after lap, so more bite from a pad will not allow the car to brake later, just engage ABS easier.
Engaging ABS is a terrible marker on the performance of a brake pad. You want to know that your brake pedal will be there each and every time.

I'll never recommend to my customers to run stock pads on the road course, even from a safety stand point.

Sponsored

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Engaging ABS is a terrible marker on the performance of a brake pad. You want to know that your brake pedal will be there each and every time.

I'll never recommend to my customers to run stock pads on the road course, even from a safety stand point.
Have you seriously tracked a GT350/R, M3/4, Z06, GT3, 458, or many other modern high performance cars? They are all more than capable of continuous track use with stock pads.

OP
OP
Anthony@HTM

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Have you seriously tracked a GT350/R, M3/4, Z06, GT3, 458, or many other modern high performance cars? They are all more than capable of continuous track use with stock pads.
I absolutely have.

The stock pads never last at those high temperatures and get brittle. Instead of wearing evenly the edges will chip away.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I have with the Z06 (did not like them), M3 (upgraded to AP Racing calipers and rotors), and the GT3 (very good - Pagid rs-29), we never tracked the 458.

Anthony is giving good advice. I went through my stock pads in 3k miles on the track with the GT350. I have more rubber and better fluid, so the pads need to be upgraded as well, otherwise it will be the weak link. Yes, they will give more bite and it also depends on what type of driver you are.

I absolutely have.

The stock pads never last at those high temperatures and get brittle. Instead of wearing evenly the edges will chip away.
I agree. Crack in some cases.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Any pad can engage the ABS with pedal pressure. It's about reeling the speed in quickly and smoothly without engaging the ABS. More bite allows you drive deeper in braking zones and slows you more quickly while not engaging the ABS.

Sponsored

cweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Anthony is right on point here. For those using stock pads at the track, either they aren't driving hard enough or don't know better. Even Ford engineers don't recommend stock pads on the track unless you have at least half pad life left. Will stock pads work at the track? Absolutely. Will you be as fast or consistent with stock pads as you will with race pads at the track? Absolutely not.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Gotcha, good strategy. Talking with the autocross group they swear by Bridgestone R71's but not sure if they have available factory 350 sizes. I'm a long way off from replacing tires.
RS3 V2's if you can't wait. That's what I did and they won't grease up nearly as fast on a road course like the RE71R's will.

Bingo13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350R, '16 GT350 TRP, '18 GT PP2, '03 Cobra
The R14 is similar to the xp20 the r16 is similar to the xp24
Good news then, as the XP14 was not a good pad for a heavy car. I loved the Carbotech pads due to the easy bedding, rotor life, non-corrosive dust and decent street manners after a couple of hard pumps. Once I switched over to the Raybestos pads I was hooked, especially after my driving abilities started to catch up with the car's ability.

That said I will be going the G-LOC route for now, the stock pads are good for maybe two days depending on the course and tend to introduce a pucker factor after a high speed straight. The bigger complaint I have at this time is that there are no slotted rotor options yet. ;)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.