Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)

Our head calibrator has been working UNGODLY hard to get this Whipple tuning whipped!

We have new tuning results for both the Whipple kit throttle body and the enlarged throttle body upgrade!

Here are the updated results for the standard throttle body:

It is important to note that this tune is a daily driver mild tune. The best part is that the is made for 93 octane! So no special blending, mixing or measuring required!

And here are the results with the Whipple upgraded throttle body:

This is an aggressive pump gas tune. While it still requires nothing more than pulling into the station and filling up with premium, we want to stress that this is a more aggressive tune.

At this time we are 100% comfortable with the performance and drive-ability of the tuning!

At this juncture, because of all of the misinformation that is rampant in this area we prefer to have all of the interested parties if you are local to please come by. If you happen to be in one of the other 47 contiguous states we have no problems going to get your babies with our covered trailer, and bringing her back home ready to rip up the streets on a perfect tune!​
Sponsored

Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Sorry noob question.. I dont have 93 octane around my area.. how am i able to get 93 octane w out mixing etc.. thanks

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
Sorry noob question.. I dont have 93 octane around my area.. how am i able to get 93 octane w out mixing etc.. thanks
I ran in to this as well. I tuned for 93 last month and have just been mixing it. I just add 3 gallons of the 100 or 101 in the tank first then add 11 gallons of 91. I dont think there is a problem with that. The 76 on saratoga has the 100. And the 76 on almaden has the 101. The one on almaden and hilsdale is much cheaper.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
I ran in to this as well. I tuned for 93 last month and have just been mixing it. I just add 3 gallons of the 100 or 101 in the tank first then add 11 gallons of 91. I dont think there is a problem with that. The 76 on saratoga has the 100. And the 76 on almaden has the 101. The one on almaden and hilsdale is much cheaper.
oh ok cool.. thanks brotha i got confused on that thread u had w all the thread jackers lol.. thanks :cheers:

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
U can get it tuned for a different octane other than 93. My car is tuned in 91 right now.
nice.. you think i could get to 650-700 hp w 91 oct w the pro charger?

Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Look at the torque with the Whipple. Over 500 from 3500 rpm to redline. Gotta love positive displacement blowers.

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
We do not recommend mixing fuels. It is difficult to get exact octane levels when mixing. We recommend just having us provide you tuning for 91 whenever you are just driving around town, and then a 93+ tune whenever you want to go "acceleration testing" :lol:

Maybe if you went with a D1SC, here are the results with tune, CAI, LTH, catback and P1SC.
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]X4pxo5wIsD4[/MEDIA]"]

Maybe you can squeeze the D1SC a little bit harder to get to your goal. We have not finished and tested a D1 kit to know 100% yet.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

This is good news for sure that places are finally figuring out the tuning on our cars. There has been a massive learning curve for all vendors that's for sure. Great job Livernois!

Just for comparison, my car has a Whipple 2.9, Whipple upgraded TB, Whipple fan kit and Whipple tune and the only other change from stock is a Ford Racing Sport exhaust and right now I am getting 654 rwhp but only at 7000 rpm! Whipple is currently correcting the rev limit parameter in the tune that is off and I expect to get to the same 681 rwhp area with just being able to rev to 7500 and WITHOUT long tune headers.

This is in 91 octane as well. I would expect a revision to Whipples tune sometime soon and wouldn't be surprised if the numbers even go up from the tune I have now.

But for me the biggest thing is drivability. Anybody can get a car to make serious HP but it takes a lot of work to make the drivability right. I can tell you with 100% certainty that my cars drivability is like stock. Turn key, runs like it did stock........ Until you hit the go pedal that is [emoji41].

Livernois is a greatly respected team and deservingly so. I make no attempt to discredit their tune or abilities. As a matter of fact I think they have made a great kit and will get a lot of happy customers. I just wanted to chime in to answer this question about wanting 650-700 rwhp with the first hand knowledge I have.

Again, great job Livernois!

Jaime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the compliments! We work very hard to maintain the reputation that we enjoy. It is not always easy, but it is our #2 priority...behind customer service of course.

Thank you for the 1st hand input, we appreciate it. Like we have said from day 1, we should all be here to learn from one another. Nobody has all of the answers.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
thanks for the idea Livernois... and i have heard lots of positive things about you guys..

thanks for the review Jmeo...appreciate it guys
Sponsored