Sponsored

Coolant mix % after reische t-stat install?

drumstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
What is the suggested annual mix? I'm in Texas- anyone use/suggest any additives? :thumbsup:
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Just go off of what's in the manual. I'm done trying to be cleaver and out smarting engineers when it comes to stuff like that.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
What is the suggested annual mix? I'm in Texas- anyone use/suggest any additives? :thumbsup:
Since your not flushing the whole system it's going to be a bit of a PITA to change the mix in your entire system.

That said since you are in Texas you could benefit from pushing your mix towards 75/25. You'd have to use mostly distilled water to do it.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Just go to the dealership and get the OEM coolant.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I do 2/3 distilled water, 1/3 coolant. I flushed my system so I don't have to rely on Ford's mystery coolant, which some say is just Dex Cool and others say is NOT Dex Cool.

That said, only do this because I track (road course) the car. Just put in whatever the factory recommends if you don't.

Sponsored

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
When I did mine I topped the system back off with a bottle of Redline Water Wetter and genuine ford coolant mixed with water 50-50.

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
After my thermostat change, I topped off with the Redline Water Wetter and straight distilled water. I'm ok with pushing my mix toward a greater water % as I'm in Phx.

pgonza2723

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Vehicle Showcase
After my t-stat install, I refilled with the coolant mix. the car was constantly running in the 193-208* range around the city and hwy. Head temps usually hovered 10-15* over that.

This is where the threads about the high fans on in the Lund tune came in to play. Mine were on ALL the time. The I decided being in Texas and this being a garage queen to drain and refill with distilled water. So I measured pulling coolant mix out of the reservoir (had to do this several times with a syringe and figured could better control it this way) until I reached the estimated 75/25 ratio. Now the temps hover from 178-192* (on long idles) with cylinder head temps not getting over 200* unless again on the long idles but no more than 204*. It's been great as the fans don't kick in unless it's needed and not running all the time on high. This is with some of the recent weather in which has been high 90s-100s.

OP
OP

drumstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
After my t-stat install, I refilled with the coolant mix. the car was constantly running in the 193-208* range around the city and hwy. Head temps usually hovered 10-15* over that.

This is where the threads about the high fans on in the Lund tune came in to play. Mine were on ALL the time. The I decided being in Texas and this being a garage queen to drain and refill with distilled water. So I measured pulling coolant mix out of the reservoir (had to do this several times with a syringe and figured could better control it this way) until I reached the estimated 75/25 ratio. Now the temps hover from 178-192* (on long idles) with cylinder head temps not getting over 200* unless again on the long idles but no more than 204*. It's been great as the fans don't kick in unless it's needed and not running all the time on high. This is with some of the recent weather in which has been high 90s-100s.
What range is considered "out of the sweet spot" as in the car being too cool that its not running fully optimal? Of course I got this to have the car run a little cooler but don't want to make it cool out of optimization.

I have similar mods, jlt/exhaust/lund tune. They've already sent me a new file with t-stat factored in.
Sponsored