Sponsored

Mustang HID headlights

Sebastianq52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None for now :/
IS there any way at all to make the headlights brighter ? I know we have stock HIDs but they really don’t feel as bright as many of the other cars with HIDs
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Mount a couple LED light bars on the bumper and roof.

revtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Make sure they are aimed correctly. On the assembly line different people installed and adjusted these so they could be off. Make sure they are not too low.
I love them, best headlights ever. And when I hit the brights I think I can see into the next county.

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I just put on the Diode Dynamics head lights. They are definitely brighter. Added their switch back at the same time and there is just so much light coming out of the front of this car now compared to what it used to be.

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Jesus, how much light do you need? I have been diagnosed with low light night vision problems due to the cones in my eyes. My '15's headlights are perfectly fine for a Mr. Magoo like me.
Think of other drivers you are going to be blinding, like me! I actually get to drive around with darker than legal tint because of this condition. And my window tint was a medical tax deduction.

OP
OP

Sebastianq52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None for now :/
Jesus, how much light do you need? I have been diagnosed with low light night vision problems due to the cones in my eyes. My '15's headlights are perfectly fine for a Mr. Magoo like me.
Think of other drivers you are going to be blinding, like me! I actually get to drive around with darker than legal tint because of this condition. And my window tint was a medical tax deduction.

My headlights are tinted.. lol

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Not bright enough? I don't think that's the issue. It sounds like you need to adjust the aim of your headlights and fog lights.

Edit: Just saw where you said your headlights are tinted. The most cost effective way to get brighter headlights is taking the tint off, not looking for a brighter bulb. You tint your headlights and complain they aren't bright enough. Seems legit.

Sponsored

chewdogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Ruby Red
DD headlights

I just put on the Diode Dynamics head lights. They are definitely brighter. Added their switch back at the same time and there is just so much light coming out of the front of this car now compared to what it used to be.
Did you pull the bumper or go through the wheel wells for the headlights? Mine just came today.:headbang:

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Did you pull the bumper or go through the wheel wells for the headlights? Mine just came today.:headbang:
I went through the wheel wells. It was pretty easy to do once I figured it out. Don't make the same mistake I did and unscrew the bracket. The clips just push in and out to release the bulb. That was a hassle to get back together.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
The Mustang's headlights arent very bright IMO

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)