Prices holding pretty well. Compare to RS3

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
So the RS3 recently was recently reviewed against a GT350.. I thought it was interesting that used RS3s are popping up for over $10k off MSRP. The example I was just looking at has <1000 miles.

All cars depreciate but it looks like the GT350 is way above the curve.
Sponsored

czaustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manuals and DCT
Personally, I love a NA V8 way over a 5 cylinder turbo. That car also has some stiff competition in that segment especially with the new Alpha.

N9TMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550, e36 m3 , s2000
Wait for gt500 come up.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Audi... literally EVERYONE I know who owns or has owned one more than 3 years old owns an oil burning device and the interior "aluminum" trim pieces are flaking off. Garbage cars, IMO. I'm no Ford die-hard, but I'd rather have a GT350 over any Audi.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The moment a German car touches air it loses 20% of its value. The moment a butt touches a German car, it loses 50% of its value. The only way a German car stops losing value after that 50% is if the blinker lights are never used.:D :lol:

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
It's a frickin' 4 door sedan. Something Grandad would drive.
How is that even a comparison to a 2 door sports car like the Mustang?:headbang:

Sponsored
OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
While I do realize there will be a bias, considering the site we're on, I'm surprised at some of the blind ignorance going on here. Not to argue if it's good or bad but when you say "I've never owned one but I hear they suck, so they suck", is....

I have a 10 year old Audi and it's still worth 50% of what it was new. See if our Mustangs hold up there. Just like any brand, the enthusiast models always do better.

Obviously, I like them both - so I'm not trying to convince anyone but at least get informed before you put up your walls. Like the sound of the GT350s FPC, the 5-pot Audi scream is loved by many.
[ame]

Hoodoo

Runs With Scissors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm with you. I considered an RS3 before buying the GT350. We live in the mountains, so it's a much better fit for us, but I had my heart set on the Shelby. My wife hates the Recaros, so she won't even ride in the Shelby. I pointed out a RS3 the other day and she said "I bet the seats in the Audi aren't brutally uncomfortable". Sigh.

I'd have both if neither the money nor the space was an issue.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
As much as I joke about German cars, I still want a B8.5 S4 for a daily driver (2013+ or so). I found nothing unreasonably wrong with quality etc etc. The one I test drove (83,000 miles) still felt tight, the trans was quick and wasn't stumbling, and the paint still looked good.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
As much as I joke about German cars, I still want a B8.5 S4 for a daily driver (2013+ or so). I found nothing unreasonably wrong with quality etc etc. The one I test drove (83,000 miles) still felt tight, the trans was quick and wasn't stumbling, and the paint still looked good.
I cant deny the previous post about how they seemed crappy - there are a ton of POS German cars out there. Audi had a long stretch where stuff just seemed to fall apart. The B7 seemed to be their turning point, as things started to get better and with the B8, IMO, it all changed.

I don't feel like they fail much more than domestic cars, at this point but the fact is, owning a Ford that's out of warranty is much easier on the wallet than most any German car.
Sponsored