Sponsored

Any 15-17 EB owners thinking about getting 18 EB?

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Buying a 38-45k mustang is out of the question for me right now and believe me I thought this over to exhaustion. It really is a car that needs a warm climate, a driveway and garage, and cheap insurance. Passing up the 25-28mpg 350 HP (with mods) eco seems unreasonable and is already a PITA to drive in the snow. Saying that, the a10 ecoboost does not excite me enough to upgrade that would add another extra 2 years to my loan for with my current eco I would trade in. If I had a two car garage and a car to borrow for long drives or bad weather, I would of likely got a GT over the new eco. They didn't add enough to the new Eco-stang to entice me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SDEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Convertible
I took my 2015 Eco early build (Oct '14) purchased in Nov '14, in for an oil/filter change and the door spring recall, in Sep. The salesman gave us a 2017 Magnetic convertible to drive for the Morning. We put the top down and drove into the Black Hills. Returned to the dealer, later in the day, and they made me an offer I could not refuse. I had always wanted a vert, but could never justify the extra cost, with a family. So, one more item checked off the Bucket List. It is in the garage right now, but I have Continental Full Winter tires mounted on 18" Mustang wheels from my 2015. I drive it all year, but do avoid the really nasty days with salt trucks. That is Jeep time. I like the Eco, and since I am old (73), the 310 hp is enough. I am mellowing out in old age. Most of our driving is Interstate, at 75 to 80 mph and up in the Black Hills.
Enjoying the drive!

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I took my 2015 Eco early build (Oct '14) purchased in Nov '14, in for an oil/filter change and the door spring recall, in Sep. The salesman gave us a 2017 Magnetic convertible to drive for the Morning. We put the top down and drove into the Black Hills. Returned to the dealer, later in the day, and they made me an offer I could not refuse. I had always wanted a vert, but could never justify the extra cost, with a family. So, one more item checked off the Bucket List. It is in the garage right now, but I have Continental Full Winter tires mounted on 18" Mustang wheels from my 2015. I drive it all year, but do avoid the really nasty days with salt trucks. That is Jeep time. I like the Eco, and since I am old (73), the 310 hp is enough. I am mellowing out in old age. Most of our driving is Interstate, at 75 to 80 mph and up in the Black Hills.
Enjoying the drive!

Don’t knock you driving abilities down. I’ve raced some of these kids and they drive like shit. My first 5.0 didn’t have ABS or Traction control. No ac, roll up windows, no radio; but that car was fast. I drove my V6 up some hills with deep fresh snow a day ago with the all season tires that came with the car and traction control just slowly stopped the car half way up. Turn off traction control and you may slide sideways a bit but you keep your momentum while spinning the wheels a bit and make it up the hill. Don’t even get me started on ABS or Nav. Every time some kid decides to go from the far right lane to the left turn lane at the last minute is using Nav. More dangerous than useful to me. I’m surprised you didn’t run to the V6 like us other old farts did before Ford killed it. DD for me and I don’t have that angst starting it outside in -20 weather like today.
Sponsored